PDA

View Full Version : For anyone that tracks stats etc....

DeckstarDeluxe
11-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Had the new site up and running for a short while now and while the vistor numbers are steadily rising I've actually yet to get a solid booking off the site alone.

I've had 20 odd people using the quote generator (DJEP) but every single one hasnt replied to a follow up email. (I've tried different follow up emails but no luck).

Just wondered if anyone wanted to share some stats about visitor numbers, an percentage strike rate etc..

Naturally I understand people may want to keep this information to themselves so feel free to pm if you prefer.

surround sounds
11-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Had the new site up and running for a short while now and while the vistor numbers are steadily rising I've actually yet to get a solid booking off the site alone.

I've had 20 odd people using the quote generator (DJEP) but every single one hasnt replied to a follow up email. (I've tried different follow up emails but no luck).

Just wondered if anyone wanted to share some stats about visitor numbers, an percentage strike rate etc..

Naturally I understand people may want to keep this information to themselves so feel free to pm if you prefer.

Hi as a rough guide.Every 3 quotes i get 1 gig.

yourdj
11-09-2010, 11:53 AM
I have hundreds who click on my site and at a guess less than 1 % take up. Rules of advertising. I am not cheap and my prices are on my site. at the end of the day I am busy with the clients i want to work for so its working. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
11-09-2010, 11:59 AM
I do enjoy not having the tyre kickers call Toby however its slighty worrying so far that nobody hasnt even replied to say "your too expensive" or "we've gone for someone cheaper".

Some people are putting on their dancefloors, uplighting and starcloths as extras so either its people thinking that these things are "cheap".

Danno13
11-09-2010, 12:50 PM
When I bothered to keep track of it, I'd convert around 20% in a good month, but as low as 10% sometimes.

Alex
11-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Deckstar.... when you get sec (preferably not tonight as I'm just heading out hehehe) give me a call and we'll have a chat :)

I've kept ALL my stats from BEFORE and AFTER using DJEP and I was rather surprised when I looked at them :D
Same with my kids entertainer when we moved him over too.

rob1963
12-09-2010, 12:12 AM
When I bothered to keep track of it, I'd convert around 20% in a good month, but as low as 10% sometimes.

That's pretty much the same as me.

My website gets about 2,500 hits each month and about 200 unique visitors.

DJWilson
27-09-2010, 03:49 PM
I do enjoy not having the tyre kickers call Toby however its slighty worrying so far that nobody hasnt even replied to say "your too expensive" or "we've gone for someone cheaper".

Some people are putting on their dancefloors, uplighting and starcloths as extras so either its people thinking that these things are "cheap".

Have you sent emails to people you know to see if they get them?

You may be ending up in the junk/spam folders for many people?

Vectis
27-09-2010, 04:03 PM
You may be ending up in the junk/spam folders for many people?

Most unlikely ;)

DeckstarDeluxe
27-09-2010, 04:05 PM
:beer1:
Most unlikely ;)

What he said ;)

soundtracker
27-09-2010, 05:39 PM

I had exactly the same when I was using the quote generator. When I get them to fill in the enquiry form my usual conversion is about 30% although its dropped a bit lately.

DeckstarDeluxe
27-09-2010, 05:44 PM
See we are trying an online enquiry form rather than the online quote generator.

I cant see why the conversion rate would be any different but......

Wayno
29-09-2010, 06:18 PM

I've found this too, Although I use DJI.

Those that go in like a bull in a china shop on the automatic quote generator and put the dj times down as midday to midnight, then all all enhancements such as drapes, video disco, karaoke, dancefloors etc etc seem to get scared off when the quote appears at a £1000 plus, It's very rare that they go back and adjust there requirements to lower the quote to find the service that matches their budget - really annoying that one!
Then on the flip side you get those who "dip there toe in" fo for the 4.5 hour evening disco then add the enhancements that they actually want one by one, these also seem to be willing to reply to any messages sent!

As for people not replying to emails/follow ups - I'm afraid thats just the way it seems to be, as far as they are concerned they are talking to a computer and emails are easy to dump in the junk folder - People are just busy/rude/couldn't care less! :)

DeckstarDeluxe
29-09-2010, 06:23 PM
I've found this too, Although I use DJI.

Those that go in like a bull in a china shop on the automatic quote generator and put the dj times down as midday to midnight, then all all enhancements such as drapes, video disco, karaoke, dancefloors etc etc seem to get scared off when the quote appears at a £1000 plus, It's very rare that they go back and adjust there requirements to lower the quote to find the service that matches their budget - really annoying that one!
Then on the flip side you get those who "dip there toe in" fo for the 4.5 hour evening disco then add the enhancements that they actually want one by one, these also seem to be willing to reply to any messages sent!

As for people not replying to emails/follow ups - I'm afraid thats just the way it seems to be, as far as they are concerned they are talking to a computer and emails are easy to dump in the junk folder - People are just busy/rude/couldn't care less! :)

Thanks for your post Wayno.

Least its not just me thats finding that.

Currently trialing an enquiry form rather than a quote generator....

Chris G
29-09-2010, 06:51 PM
I am using DJ Intelligence and even when people have generated a quote when you contact them by e-mail to chase it up many do not reply.
Same with quotes that I send also, very few people have the courtesy to get back to you to say that they have booked with somebody else or saying that you were too expensive for them.
This seems to have increased a lot for this year - sign of the times maybe?

DeckstarDeluxe
10-01-2011, 03:50 PM
Just to add to this Martin's quick 5 minute mock up enquiry form is killing it for me at the moment and have since ditched DJEP.

We did also add prices onto the site too so that will have some bearing.

soundtracker
10-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I've booked 17 of my last 25 DJEP enquiries of the 8 not booked , 2 are only a day old. Think that means I need to up my prices a bit!

DeckstarDeluxe
10-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I've booked 17 of my last 25 DJEP enquiries of the 8 not booked , 2 are only a day old. Think that means I need to up my prices a bit!

I think its more the fact prices are now on the site that people that are enquiring haven't been put off by "prices from £275" bit rather than using DJEP.