PDA

View Full Version : SEO - Google Instant

Alex
12-09-2010, 03:49 AM
With google releasing "Instant"... you type, it appears instantly.... do we as website owners need to look at our current SEO and adapt it??

Apparently not : http://www.steverubel.com/google-instant-makes-seo-irrelevant
What effect will it have on SEO ?http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/blog/2010/sep/09/google-instant-effect-on-seo

--------------------------

Looking into it....... website owners are going to need to aim for the top 3 positions now.
In my view based on what I've read, anything other than that is going to be futile.

Also, are we going to have to adapt our SEO to cover more broader terms like simply having " Mobile Disco " .... or " Wedding DJ " without the location being involved?

Matt Cutts (From Google)
"The search results will remain the same for a query, but it's possible that people will learn to search differently over time. For example, I was recently researching a congressperson. With Google Instant, it was more visible to me that this congressperson had proposed an energy plan, so I refined my search to learn more, and quickly found myself reading a post on the congressperson's blog that had been on page 2 of the search results."

What are peoples view on this " new search " method??
Will it affect our industry in anyway??

Discuss :D :D :D

DJWilson
27-09-2010, 04:48 PM
I don't like instant one bit.

When I used to do a search I could press backspace for my old search but now just deletes the last letter off of my search query :mad:

thex-faders
31-10-2010, 10:02 PM
I think the location issue won't be a problem as google logs your locations anyway and tailors your search results to previous searches.... which for most people will be local searches?

So in essence I would think searching for "Mobile Dj" will automatically show results that are local?

Still it does mean changing SEO on our website a bit.

Tom

yourdj
31-10-2010, 11:31 PM
It is fine - more quicker.

maybe more irrelevant for suppliers but more fair for users as it should pick out the more
useful sites rather than the better engineered ones.

They are making more and more to a personal level rather than a global or national one.
the future will probably be in mobile applications only such as:

An implant of some sort that reminds you as you walk past Debenhams that it is your mums birthday
next week and she has not bought a bottle of perfume or been given one in two years etc.

A mobile netwrok that knows your habits, your (ahem) size and your mums favourite colour,
has access to your finances, medical records, home address, postcode, when your away blaa blaa
all in a milisecond is a dangerous route to go to tbh. This is the reson arnie has got into government LOL.

He will be back :)

We are now looking at the rise of a new super power not resticted by land or border etc. Dangerous - I say yes.