PDA

View Full Version : [ SOLD ] Db Technologies sub15d Subwoofer

DJ Tony McQue
13-09-2010, 08:26 AM
On offer is my Db Technologies sub15d Subwoofer. It is just under a month old so is still very much under warranty. It is in excellent condition and comes in it's original box.

Price - £600 delivered or £580 collected.

Rowleys
13-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Why you selling it ?

DJ Tony McQue
13-09-2010, 03:41 PM
Why you selling it ?

I can't hold onto to any equipment for longer than a month! :)

I have been offered some RCF speakers at too good a price to refuse so need the cash.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-09-2010, 05:53 PM
I can't hold onto to any equipment for longer than a month! :)

You can't be serious? :confused:

DJ Tony McQue
14-09-2010, 08:24 PM
You can't be serious? :confused:

If the truth be told:

My second set of Opera 410d's have also turned out to be faulty so they are going back, one is louder than the other! I thought I might have just imagined it at the weekend or my mixer may have been to blame so I have just done an hour of testing in the house using different cables, mixers and sources. My Wife confirmed I was not imagining it so they are being returned for a refund tomorrow. I cannot believe I have had 2 sets of faulty speakers from Db in the space of a week! The warning from Andy came too late who has also had a bad experience with the Opera range, I had already recieved my first faulty set and was advised I had just been unlucky. I have lost all confidence in the Opera range so I am paying the extra and getting a rather nice deal on either a pair of RCF 310s or 410s (advice on this would be appreciated).

Now onto the subwoofer and why I am selling it. It is a great sounding sub, I cannot deny that. I have no doubt it is very reliable compared with the Opera range but I don't want to mix brands when it comes to an active speaker setup, if I am using RCF tops then I want the sub to match. Before I sold my Mackie's, I was contemplating buying the SRM1801 until I was advised against it so I sold the SRM450s and purchased the Db speakers to match my sub. It is probably my OCD going into overdrive but I just don't like mixing speaker systems that are designed to work with certain components from the same manufacturer.

There are loads of people on here who swear by their sub15d, I bought it based upon their recommendations and would recommend it to anyone after a compact sub that produces serious output. I just want an RCF sub to go with my RCF speakers, simple as that. I think honesty was the best way to answer this.. I may have done myself out of a sale in the process..

Charlie Brown
14-09-2010, 08:34 PM
I would buy it off you...but not at that price.

DJ Tony McQue
23-09-2010, 08:15 AM
Last orders at £500 delivered. That is £300 less than I paid a month ago and it is still under warranty, boxed and in 'as new' condition.

DJ Tony McQue
23-09-2010, 11:12 AM
Now sold.