PDA

View Full Version : Elcot Park Hotel - Newbury, Berkshire

Shakermaker Promotions
13-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi,

Anyone been to this one before. I had an enquiry last year which never came off but have had one today from a wedding that I did the other week and it's for next April. They definitely want me but it's a Ramada Jarvis hotel like the one I was in last night and I am wondering if they have the same sound set up etc?

I could call them (and probably will) bit would like to know some information from anyone that may have been there.

Thanks in advance.
G

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-09-2010, 11:00 PM
What would you like to know - I'm on the recommended list there and do all their Christmas functions.

Paul The Party Dj
14-09-2010, 06:06 AM
I was there earlier this year, did a Wedding in the 2 rooms on the lower level by the pool complex - Balmoral and Blenheim rooms I think. There were no sound limiters or door alarms as far as I could tell, and the Function Manager was fantastic.

The only downside for me was access which was via a steep service road and when the van was parked it was at such an angle that if I backed down all the gear would have slid out when I opened the doors. Then there were one or two steps in. So, not a bad load in/out either.

Good venue, good team, Gary's got a good one there.

Cheers, Paul

Shakermaker Promotions
14-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info Paul, much appreciated.
Darren, what kind of set up do you put in there?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Paul is right, but the room you are normally in is the Windsor, which is opposite the other 2. When he describes the slope, he is not joking - it is pretty severe, so take a roadie if you can and also a trolley to get to the room, which isn't far, but a trolley helps.

They are very friendly there - the wedding co-ordinator is Peter Browning and he is very friendly, but has quite a dry sense of humour.

Whenever I have worked there, I have used 2 tops and a sub, but the sub probably isn't necessary as the room are fairly small and split apart slightly.

Lighting - I use my usual set up of a few pars and couple of Martin EFX's which is more than enough.

Ring me if you need any other info Gary.

Shakermaker Promotions
14-09-2010, 10:45 AM
Thanks Darren. What is it like for providing Uplighting?
I am going to try and sell it as an extra. I always say that the Uplighting is dependent on a venue visit to see if it is viable so it's more than likely that I will visit them. I am just waiting on full information from the enquirer though.

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-09-2010, 11:21 AM
If you are in the Windsor, there are only 2 walls you can put it round as the bar is along one side and the other leads to the other room.

Shakermaker Promotions
14-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Cheers mate!