PDA

View Full Version : Jobless

Candybeatdiscos
25-07-2006, 08:19 PM
I handed my notice in at my day job two weeks ago, the boss came up to me today after i slept in and asked if i wanted to leave earlier than my finish date ( Ihad given 6 weeks notice) so i said well you pay me till AUg 25th, and i will leave tomorrow...still waiting on his answer...

But does anyone in the fife area know of any decent paying day jobs going?

Shaun
25-07-2006, 09:05 PM

Decent paying jobs in Fife?. Do we live in the same Fife? :D

funkymike
25-07-2006, 09:53 PM
I hear mc donalds are hiring

Thames Valley Discos
25-07-2006, 10:01 PM
I handed my notice in at my day job two weeks ago, the boss came up to me today after i slept in and asked if i wanted to leave earlier than my finish date ( Ihad given 6 weeks notice) so i said well you pay me till AUg 25th, and i will leave tomorrow...still waiting on his answer...

why not take up dj,ing :)

funkymike
25-07-2006, 10:07 PM
why not take up dj,ing :)

Why, its short hrs, free drinks, loadsa ladies, ciggerates and love bites

oh 200 pound ish for 3 hr work

Thames Valley Discos
25-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Why, its short hrs, free drinks, loadsa ladies, ciggerates and love bites

oh 200 pound ish for 3 hr work
Please read again, you are too hot! :) "why not take up dj,ing"

dj_ags
25-07-2006, 10:12 PM
You could possibly go down the self employed route, opting to setup a business involving PAT Testing, etc.

You could also go around local exhibition centres asking if they need any help erecting stages, etc for fourthcoming exhibitions.

You could go around most places handing in your CV, asking what vacancies they have. This is what i am currently doing at the moment as i need something to do over the LONG school break...but to no avail as of yet :mad:

Good luck with it mate, and i hope that you will be back in work asap :)

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 10:44 AM

Well got my answer last wednesday - got suspended for infringing the IT Policy - gotta go into work today for a fact finding investigation, then they will decide wether or not i will be disciplined - they made a few major errors though and i have decided to make use of my union fees...woo hoo...gonna have fun

Corabar Entertainment
31-07-2006, 11:00 AM
got suspended for infringing the IT Policy Gonna tell us what you allegedly did? :eek: :D

Shaun
31-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Yes..please tell :D

joburgo
31-07-2006, 01:02 PM
pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :omg:

Corabar Entertainment
31-07-2006, 01:12 PM
We're a nosey bunch, aren't we? :D

Shaun
31-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I prefer to phrase it as inquisitive. It sounds less "nosey" :D

Alex - Cream Ents
31-07-2006, 03:33 PM
It was probably visiting mobile disco forums whilst at work!

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 04:55 PM
yeah....i train the guy next to me and have on loads of occasions got on at him for leaving his pc unlocked - so to teach him a lesson i emailled a T/L (NOTHING DODGY OR DISRESPECTFUL ETC) and they suspended me, even though i have done this to the same t/l and other managers etc regulary for past 4 or 5 months to try and teach this guy a wee lesson...

anyway attended a fact finding investigation today - now need to wait to see if a full blown disciplinery will be put in motion - spoke to union who represented me today and have stated that it seems very poor reason to suspen me and thinks there is something else going on - unknown what tho

Have a disco
31-07-2006, 05:14 PM
seems you were doing the company a favour in regards to its IT security problem data protection act and all that stuff throw it backin there faces notify them that you were instructed to do it as to keep security tight by other managers fight fire with fire

Corabar Entertainment
31-07-2006, 05:28 PM
.... notify them that you were instructed to do it as to keep security tight by other managers... but if he wasn't told to, telling porkies ain't gonna help his case! :omg: (As soon as no 'Managers' could be brought in as witnesses, it would be fairly obvious it wasn't the case, and they may decide that if he is exaggerating the truth on one thing........!)

I do agree with your main point though Badger - about it sounding like Lewnics was doing them a favour!

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 06:20 PM
yeah i wont lie about it - i wasn't instructed to do it but tried to help the guy protect his own backside and that of the companies customers, bloody nora...i was leaving the company anyway - i might just blow the whistle on all the screw ups they make, specially since they are are public company and owned by the people