Help

I’m after the zombie dance sound track from the thriller video

also Tina turner “rolling down the river” cannot seem to find them anywhere

James
19-09-2010, 01:53 PM
The tina turner track is called proud mary, not sure about the other one

Ryu
19-09-2010, 06:12 PM
The 'zombie dance soundtrack' from the thriller video is just the full length mix of 'Thriller' isn't it?

simon1969
19-09-2010, 06:50 PM
The 'zombie dance soundtrack' from the thriller video is just the full length mix of 'Thriller' isn't it?

Yes it is might be an extended version on the video though been a while since I watched it!!

Corabar Steve
19-09-2010, 07:57 PM
How long have you been DJing?

simon1969
19-09-2010, 09:08 PM

Who you asking?
Video version is longer and more instrumental than album version just checked !!!!!

Corabar Steve
19-09-2010, 09:36 PM
Boomer

DazzyD
19-09-2010, 11:20 PM
I think the fact that the zombie dance music forms part of the music video for the song Thriller should give it away a little.

As for getting the name of a Tina Turner track wrong, I still get folk coming up saying "Can you play Simply The Best?". My reply is always "Sorry, haven't got a song called 'Simply' The Best". They usually go away looking confused!

Slightly off topic but who was first with Proud Mary - was it TT or Creedence Clearwater Revival? I've never worked that one out. :confused:

James
20-09-2010, 12:56 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proud_Mary

Mark Wild
20-09-2010, 12:59 PM
As for getting the name of a Tina Turner track wrong, I still get folk coming up saying "Can you play Simply The Best?". My reply is always "Sorry, haven't got a song called 'Simply' The Best". They usually go away looking confused!

No wonder :confused:

BeerFunk
20-09-2010, 01:10 PM
As for getting the name of a Tina Turner track wrong, I still get folk coming up saying "Can you play Simply The Best?". My reply is always "Sorry, haven't got a song called 'Simply' The Best". They usually go away looking confused!That's a bit condescending is it not? It's an easy mistake to make.

DeckstarDeluxe
20-09-2010, 01:13 PM
That's a bit condescending is it not? It's an easy mistake to make.

Yes making the punters feel like an idiot isnt a great way to speak to clients.

Yes their general knowledge of songs/music isnt as good as ours because if it was then you wouldnt be a good DJ.

Like when someone requests apple bottom jeans. We know what song that is and why they've got it mixed up but no way would I say something along the lines of what you said.

Megamix
20-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Like when someone requests apple bottom jeans.
yeah, just how 'Low' can they get...I'll get me coat

DeckstarDeluxe
20-09-2010, 01:19 PM
yeah, just how 'Low' can they get...I'll get me coat

Think your flo Riding your luck there......

boomer
20-09-2010, 04:33 PM

I started approx 1978 and stopped around 1994 and have just started up again

simonp
20-09-2010, 04:45 PM

:agree: 100%

Back to the OP re: Zombie Dance - or the extended middle 8 (as I call it) in Thriller. Easy way to create it is loop the original full length version (on Thriller or HIStory1) at 4.14 for 16 beats (4 bars), and then stick that in earlier in the song on it's own loop where it appears in the video (can't remember off the top of my head, but was probably after the second chorus) ;)

BeerFunk
20-09-2010, 05:20 PM
:agree: 100%

Back to the OP re: Zombie Dance - or the extended middle 8 (as I call it) in Thriller. Easy way to create it is loop the original full length version (on Thriller or HIStory1) at 4.14 for 16 beats (4 bars), and then stick that in earlier in the song on it's own loop where it appears in the video (can't remember off the top of my head, but was probably after the second chorus) ;)Interesting.. there are loads of remixes which do exactly that, it is a superb disco groove!

The only problem with looping those 16 beats that you mentioned, is that there are vocals on the last 2 beats, so you'd maybe have to loop an 8 beat section :)

boomer
20-09-2010, 06:50 PM
The thriller track is for a charity dance /fashion show the girls are doing the thriller dance routine at the moment they are practicing via the movie on a ipod and on a pa system the sound quality is not that good

I just thought somewhere their may be a decent recording of the sound track to help them out

Thanks for the tina turner title

Corabar Steve
20-09-2010, 07:47 PM
That's a bit condescending is it not? It's an easy mistake to make.True, but it does make you wonder how much they actually like the song in question, if they don't know the title.

I started approx 1978 and stopped around 1994 and have just started up again
& you didn't know Proud Mary, shame on you :sj:

Back to the OP re: Zombie Dance - or the extended middle 8 (as I call it) in Thriller. Easy way to create it is loop the original full length version (on Thriller or HIStory1) at 4.14 for 16 beats (4 bars), and then stick that in earlier in the song on it's own loop where it appears in the video (can't remember off the top of my head, but was probably after the second chorus) ;) I was thinking something along those lines although not in as much detail

Interesting.. there are loads of remixes which do exactly that, it is a superb disco groove!True

DazzyD
21-09-2010, 05:41 AM

It's a karaoke scenario. I absolutely hate that song. You get that way when you've heard it sang so badly for the thousandth time. It's my second least favourite track just in behind I will survive!

James, thanks for the link. Very informative. I really should become friends with the Wiki world!

James
21-09-2010, 02:49 PM
No worries, i'm scratching my head as to what the 'apple bottom jeans' song is

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-09-2010, 02:53 PM
No worries, i'm scratching my head as to what the 'apple bottom jeans' song is

Low

James
21-09-2010, 02:55 PM
ahhh that'll be why then, i don't listen/play hardly anything of the (ahem) so called r&b

it's r&b jim but not as we know it