View Full Version : New LED RGB Backdrop cloth

WWDJ
19-09-2010, 10:09 PM
http://prolight.co.uk/item/star16/

YouTube - LEDJ Pro 3 x 2M Tri LED Matrix Cloth

This looks cool. No idea on pricing?

Corabar Steve
19-09-2010, 10:16 PM
Can't help thinking of Picadilly Circus or Vegas. Also not keen on the animations the horse, bird, dancers etc.

Charlie Brown
19-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Pretty cool but not suitable for a classy/elegant wedding environment.

Boils down to personal taste. :)

Rowleys
20-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Hate them i think they look ugly lol

djdave01
20-09-2010, 09:15 AM
i like it, be great for 21st's ect.
states on their website that it can do text, but no demo of that on the videos

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I like some of the effects on there, but a not sure what I'd use it for of I did get one!

DJJack
06-10-2010, 08:39 PM
I like it. But not sure about the animiations. There was something like this on the DJKit stand at BPM but it looked alot better than this video.

Corabar Entertainment
06-10-2010, 09:04 PM
That'll be the MADeffects one. (They're one of the advertisers on this forum and have their own sub-forum on here)

Having seen them both 'in the flesh', so to speak, I think the MADeffects one is much nicer - better quality fabric too, but I'm sure others will have differing opinions

flatliners
06-10-2010, 09:08 PM
must say the one on the toplight stand at Bpm looked good

jamesh
06-10-2010, 10:26 PM
I'd personally keep hold of your money a bit longer and then go with the ones we had on display on the Advanced Event Designs stand at BPM instead...

most* of the other effects cloths and video cloths such as the mad effects ones have to run off a SD Card reader and to update the patterns and create your own you have to take the SD card out of the reader and into your laptop and copy the files across to it before putting it back into the reader so the cloth can run - it's then a case of selecting the pattern on the card reader to display on the cloth.

With the A.E.D LED Effects cloths and the A.E.D Video Cloths it connects via the RJ45 network port on your computer/laptop and will run any AVI file and text through the software that it comes with - meaning it's simple to customise the animations to be as bright and loud or as simple and suttle as you want.

The software also runs the milkdrop and winamp style visuals and do sound to light via the computer microphone or any audio file playing on that system at the time...

For those that don't want to run it through a computer and update it live we can provide a SD Card reader...

Cloths come in various sizes starting from 3m x 2m and various pitch (led spacing) sizes from 200mm, 100mm, 75mm, 50mm, 25mm, 20mm 15mm, 10mm and 5mm.

On the stand we had a 200mm pitch effects cloth (the bottom one) and a 25mm pitch Video cloth (top one above stand).

They are a bit more expensive than the ones currently on the market BUT with the addition of being able to create your own custom AVI animations to play in the software, run milkdrop and winamp visuals, write text and update everything live via it's own computer software at your gig it's worth the extra.

Plus they are supported here in the UK - you wont have to send them back another country to get it fixed.

As soon as the new AED website is up and running all the details will be on that along with the info on the new deckstand booth flex and add ons for the current deckstand booth range.