PDA

View Full Version : Seriously - How much?

Richie
22-09-2010, 11:45 AM
I quoted for a website the other day which was to be a site similiar to the webuyanycar. com site.

It was to have a form on the front page with dynamic drop downs where you select make of car and then it shows possible models. This was to be done using jQuery so there would be no page refresh.

The site would have a backend where he could add new makes and models and edit them for the form.

When a client submits the form, the site owner is sent a notification email and the query is placed in the database where the site owner can administer all the submissions. For example add the quotes (a sort of lead interface).

So we quoted just over a grand for all the work involved including any artwork required.

Just had an email from him today saying he has another quote that includes all the site build as well as hosting for £99

He has asked me why our price is so high and can we justify why. :bang:

Corabar Entertainment
22-09-2010, 11:47 AM
Does it remind you of your DJing days then Richie? :p :p :D

Richie
22-09-2010, 12:01 PM
Back then I would have undercut them by £39 :)

Corabar Entertainment
22-09-2010, 12:06 PM
:lol:

... but then again, back in those days, the average charge was £10.50, wasn't it?

Shaun
22-09-2010, 01:16 PM
Try-kickers. Better off without them!

Gareth
22-09-2010, 01:34 PM

Like a rugby player?! :p :D

sleah
22-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Just had an email from him today saying he has another quote that includes all the site build as well as hosting for £99
Methinks he has missunderstood what the lower quote is for. I guess they mean the hosting includes online software to build your own site, something like Joomla.

Marc J
25-09-2010, 04:12 PM

I agree, a close shave. Count yourself lucky they went elsewhere. I hope you didn't waste too much time on it!