PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting reading

James
23-09-2010, 02:04 PM
For example "wow, you done well getting your dj for your wedding for £100, i thought i had a good price @ £160"

http://www.ukbride.co.uk/forum/search.php?PostBackAction=Search&Keywords=DJ&Type=Topics&btnSubmit=Search

Vectis
23-09-2010, 02:05 PM
Come on Charlie ... show 'em the numbers ... :o

Charlie Brown
23-09-2010, 02:20 PM
2 people have clicked on my site from UKbride since I've been signed up.

Spirits High
23-09-2010, 02:26 PM

That's one more than I've had!!

Charlie Brown
23-09-2010, 02:26 PM
That's one more than I've had!!

You're joking?

funkymook
23-09-2010, 02:40 PM

Thats 2 more than me - though I didn't actually sign up! :D

Charlie Brown
23-09-2010, 02:43 PM
Thats 2 more than me - though I didn't actually sign up! :D

:boxer2:

deltic
23-09-2010, 05:40 PM
2 more than me and i did sign up.

even the list of monthly leads is getting shorter.

uk bride waste of time still you live and learn.

with all the help and you favouritism you got charlie you should be inundated with enquiries from ukb

DeckstarDeluxe
23-09-2010, 05:43 PM
I will say however in the thread some of them have spent 450 on a dj and they have said you get what you pay for so thats refreshing!

Dynamic Entertainment
23-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Theres some absolute corker statements being made on there...

I'm not looking forward to finding out our venues DJ cost. The one we were using equipment blew up and he can't afford new stuff- so we are desperate!!

You get what you pay for...and alot of them dont seem to realise that.

simon1969
23-09-2010, 06:41 PM
So no one thought of joining this forum?
And putting people right about prices etc?

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-09-2010, 06:43 PM

You might want to read the whole thread...

Scott and I are 'experts' on there, but we are there to help and assist, not tell brides they should be paying more.

simon1969
23-09-2010, 06:54 PM
You might want to read the whole thread...

Scott and I are 'experts' on there, but we are there to help and assist, not tell brides they should be paying more.

O.K sorry but what do you tell them then?

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-09-2010, 06:59 PM
O.K sorry but what do you tell them then?

I didn't tell them anything.

I repeat...

We are they to help and assist not to tell them to pay more.

simon1969
23-09-2010, 07:22 PM
I didn't tell them anything.

I repeat...

We are they to help and assist not to tell them to pay more.

O.K. your hard work today arn't you?
What do you assist with then or advise?

JTRS
24-09-2010, 07:58 AM

I don't think you can 'put people right about prices' in much the same way that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Darren and Scott could stand there until the end of time telling and advising brides about prices, but some will see them as 'DJ's trying to justify higher prices', some will see them as 'A mouthpiece for the DJ industry' some will realise that they are talking sense and almost everyone will assume they have a vested interest in being the resident experts.

By remaining neutral and answering genuine questions and giving general advice (as opposed to telling people what they should pay and why they should pay it) they are far more likely to enhance the reputation of DJ's in general.

Having read the thread, it is encouraging that a few members of the public have said that 'you get what you pay for and mentioned sensible fees', it is those comments (in my opinion) that will carry far more weight with other brides than any comment a DJ can make.

JTRS

Excalibur
24-09-2010, 08:03 AM
I don't think you can 'put people right about prices' in much the same way that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Darren and Scott could stand there until the end of time telling and advising brides about prices, but some will see them as 'DJ's trying to justify higher prices', some will see them as 'A mouthpiece for the DJ industry' some will realise that they are talking sense and almost everyone will assume they have a vested interest in being the resident experts.

By remaining neutral and answering genuine questions and giving general advice (as opposed to telling people what they should pay and why they should pay it) they are far more likely to enhance the reputation of DJ's in general.

Having read the thread, it is encouraging that a few members of the public have said that 'you get what you pay for and mentioned sensible fees', it is those comments (in my opinion) that will carry far more weight with other brides than any comment a DJ can make.

JTRS

Amen. One of the most sensible and well thought out replies I've seen on here in a long while. :thumbsup:

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Amen. One of the most sensible and well thought out replies I've seen on here in a long while. :thumbsup:

I have to agree.

simon1969
24-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Yes let's hope the word spreads then !!
Didn't think that they would be telling people to pay more, as it doesn't necessarily mean paying more = better quality of service.
Credit me with more grey matter than that!! :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Didn't think that they would be telling people to pay more

If you read your post, that is exactly the way it comes over!

simon1969
24-09-2010, 10:31 AM
If you read your post, that is exactly the way it comes over!

Yes it did didn't it?
Sorry :coat: