PDA

View Full Version : Updated website again

Tom Lovick
25-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Hi all,

Could you please tell me what you like about my website?

www.horizon-events.co.uk

Thanks,

Tom

DJWilson
25-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Personally i'm not a fan of different coloured text on the homepage and also the pictures are oddly laid out on the homepage also.

Tom Lovick
25-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi all,

Could you please tell me what you like about my website?

www.horizon-events.co.uk

Thanks,

Tom

if anyone would/could help me edit the site then please PM me.

Charlie Brown
25-09-2010, 07:27 PM
Horizon Events LTD...LTD?

I don't hate it.

About us page doesn't work.

I'm not sure about the flyer page?

Tom Lovick
25-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Horizon Events LTD...LTD?

I don't hate it.

About us page doesn't work.

I'm not sure about the flyer page?

Charlie.

what do you mean about us page? there isn't one?

Larry B Entertainment
25-09-2010, 11:14 PM
The first thing I noticed is that the content is not justified correctly. Some of the main text and the footer pulls to the right. It just doesn't look tidy. Also consider using higher quality photos and the main logo at the top looks a bit muddled.

Corabar Steve
25-09-2010, 11:49 PM
Charlie.

what do you mean about us page? there isn't one?
There's a link for it on the contact us page. You might want to remove that.

rob1963
25-09-2010, 11:58 PM
The biggest problem for me is that with IE7 in XP the right hand part of the text is cut off on the contact us page, although the other pages are okay.

yourdj
26-09-2010, 12:19 AM
The top bit reminds me of casualty for some reason (the show). I expected the theme tune to come on :)

Not brilliant and I would say getting someone in the know would be a good step. Does the job I'm sure but you will get allot more work with a better layout and some better pictures in there. Sorry :)

Larry B Entertainment
26-09-2010, 10:41 AM
The biggest problem for me is that with IE7 in XP the right hand part of the text is cut off on the contact us page, although the other pages are okay.

Also does the same my end on Opera and Firefox.

Rowleys
26-09-2010, 11:06 AM
I get a white page :| in firefox ?

Dynamic Entertainment
26-09-2010, 07:39 PM
In the UK, Check is actually spelt Cheque.... ;)

Tom Lovick
26-09-2010, 09:41 PM
In the UK, Check is actually spelt Cheque.... ;)

Woops Thanks for that!!

Also I think all the problems everyone else has mentioned have now been fixed.

Charlie Brown
26-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Ltd?

Tom Lovick
26-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Ltd?

Yeah, What about it?? it means Limited, as in a Limited company.

Charlie Brown
26-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah, What about it?? it means Limited, as in a Limited company.

And you are a limited company? :confused:

Tom Lovick
26-09-2010, 09:47 PM
And you are a limited company? :confused:

Yep :) :p :beer1:

Charlie Brown
26-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Yep :) :p :beer1:

Company must be registered at Companies House

Annual accounts must be filed at Companies House

Annual Return must be completed each year to update Companies House with basic details relating to the company.

HMRC must be informed if the Company has any profits or taxable income in a Company year.

Company must complete an annual HMRC corporation tax return and pay the due taxes within nine months of the company year end each year.

Anyone employed by the company must pay income tax and national insurance on their income.

...So you do all of the above? :o

Corabar Entertainment
26-09-2010, 09:54 PM
Charlie: Tom has already confirmed he is limited, and he does list his company registration number on his website. You are sounding rather like the Spanish inquisition on this one!

Tom Lovick
26-09-2010, 09:57 PM
Company must be registered at Companies House

Annual accounts must be filed at Companies House

Annual Return must be completed each year to update Companies House with basic details relating to the company.

HMRC must be informed if the Company has any profits or taxable income in a Company year.

Company must complete an annual HMRC corporation tax return and pay the due taxes within nine months of the company year end each year.

Anyone employed by the company must pay income tax and national insurance on their income.

...So you do all of the above? :o

Um.. well seeing how we have only just got incorporated we haven't had to do any of this yet, but my dad is an accountant so i shall call on him when the time comes to do the above. Thank you.:p

Charlie: Tom has already confirmed he is limited, and he does list his company registration number on his website. You are sounding rather like the Spanish inquisition on this one!

Too right!!!:p :D

Can we get back on topic of what we all think of the website please!?!

Charlie Brown
26-09-2010, 09:58 PM
Um.. well seeing how we have only just got incorporated we haven't had to do any of this yet, but my dad is an accountant so i shall call on him when the time comes to do the above. Thank you.:p

Too right!!!:p :D

Fair enough! I take my hat off to you. :beer1:

You are sounding rather like the Spanish inquisition on this one!

:sj: :D

funkymook
26-09-2010, 10:28 PM
I think most of the text could be tweaked to read better.

For example, on your Services page:

We provide a bespoke and personal service for your concert. This can include sound and lighting for it.

Could be reworded:

We can provide a bespoke and personal service, including sound and lighting, for your concert.

(I'd probably phrase it totally differently, but tried to use as many of your own words in the example).

This, on your singers page, doesn't make much sense:

He has performed a number of jazz piecesincluding 'Moon River' (see below) and the lead role the performance of 'Don't You Want Me Baby' a cover of a similar band from Oxford called 'Out of the Blue'.

The 'anything else you can think of....' in the following doesn't sound professional at all: (and it made me think of hospital theatres - but that's probably just me :D )

We provide a very professional finish to your event when it is held in a theatre, this can include dance shows, amateur productions and anything else you can think of that takes place in a theatre.

Take some time over the text, get it proof read for grammer and sense and I think it will be a nice site :)

Vectis
26-09-2010, 10:31 PM
grammer

I do hope you omitted the 'tongue-in-cheek' smiley accidentally :eek: :D

funkymook
26-09-2010, 10:42 PM
I do hope you omitted the 'tongue-in-cheek' smiley accidentally :eek: :D

Of course I did.........:o :D

Booche
27-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Why do your Facebook and Youtube images have "Follow Solitaire Entertainments Ltd on Facebook" and "View Solitaire Entertainments video clips on YouTube" on the image details, also it gives Darrens website etc ? :eek:

Cheers Dave :)

Vectis
27-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Why do your Facebook and Youtube images have "Follow Solitaire Entertainments Ltd on Facebook" and "View Solitaire Entertainments video clips on YouTube" on the image details, also it gives Darrens website etc ? :eek:

Cheers Dave :)

:flog:

Just a tip to the wise - don't come on MDD asking for comments on your website when you've ripped half of it off of another (quite senior) member without permission :muppet:
:muppet:

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Sheesh....

Vectis
27-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Sheesh....

I trust you're sincerely flattered Daz?

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-09-2010, 12:51 PM
I trust you're sincerely flattered Daz?

Yeah...:zip:

Tom Lovick
27-09-2010, 01:46 PM
Please find the errors listed above are now removed.

Sorry daz.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Please find the errors listed above are now removed.

Sorry daz.

No problem.

Best to think about these things before you do them though.:)

rob1963
27-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Tom,

Nice to see the contact page no longer has half the info cut off.

:thumbsup:

Sorry, but I do agree with Funkymook that much of the text could be worded a lot better.