PDA

View Full Version : Trunkwell House, Reading

Shakermaker Promotions
28-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Hi all,

I have a wedding confirmed for April next year and wondered if anyone had been there before (Darren or the Berkshire guys maybe?).

Can you give me some information on access, sound limiters etc

Thanks in advance
Gary

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-09-2010, 10:02 AM
I thought Trunkwell only allowed their own DJs and that it was quite a closed shop.

I worked there quite a lot years ago and they have their own massive marquee. I'm not sure about access, but it is ground level and I seem to remember using a trolley to get in, but it was a long time ago.

VisualDJMax has worked there recently I believe.

Shakermaker Promotions
28-09-2010, 10:06 AM
This job has come in via another wedding I did last year and I was recommended by DJ Frankie for both that and this one. The customer has asked about DJ's and has been told that it's fine to use me as long as I have £5Million PLI at least.

There are apparently 200 guests for this one. I will check the venue out.

Thanks Darren.

visualdjmax
28-09-2010, 12:17 PM
Hello! I actually got married there about 6 years ago and worked there recently. Right where do I start. It's a great venue but the management are very much (our way of the highway) the biggest thing will be sound. They have big sound issues there! Darren is right it is a closed shop normally up there because of the sound issues from the residents. As far as I am aware there is no limiter (I last worked there about a year ago). They ask you to play on the side of the dancefloor facing down the marquee looks a bit weird. You can get access via the garden which is flat but with Gravel!!!!!!!! Oh the resident DJ might still have his kit sat up as well! The amount of times I have asked for it to be taken out, but it is always still there when I arrive. So make sure you ask for it to be removed! Anything else just let me know? MAX

Shakermaker Promotions
28-09-2010, 12:32 PM
Many thanks mate.
Sounds like a pain in the backside to be honest. I will take all of that on board.

visualdjmax
28-09-2010, 12:54 PM
Many thanks mate.
Sounds like a pain in the backside to be honest. I will take all of that on board.

Its alright once you are set up and in. It's a big marquee. They have a really weird blue (yes blue) starcloth!!!!!!:eek: I would just double check that the end client has cleared it with the venue that you are able to go in. Nice place though.

Shakermaker Promotions
29-09-2010, 10:59 AM
I've just spoken to the customer and she said that she had been told by the venue that they wouldn't have the facility to do background music as the resident DJ's equipment would be cleared away?

Obviously things have changed up there. I said I would make a visit to the venue nearer the time anyway but to also state to them that (if it isn't the case) the area is cleared of any other equipment.