PDA

View Full Version : www.uk-disco.com (who are they)

paulg
29-09-2010, 11:32 AM
I received a text today from a website calling itself www.uk-disco.com which asked if I wanted to add a 'free' listing to their "highly ranked" site.

Does anyone know who these people are? The website has absolutley no information at all about who runs the site and when i rang the text phone number, there was no reply. That in itself makes me wary but, the site also looks like a 5 year old has designed it.

DeckstarDeluxe
29-09-2010, 11:58 AM
I received a text today from a website calling itself www.uk-disco.com (http://www.uk-disco.com) which asked if I wanted to add a 'free' listing to their "highly ranked" site.

Does anyone know who these people are? The website has absolutley no information at all about who runs the site and when i rang the text phone number, there was no reply. That in itself makes me wary but, the site also looks like a 5 year old has designed it.

Then what makes you want to sign up? ;)

Before anyone comments make sure you don't confuse it with http://www.uk-disco.co.uk/

I wouldnt sign up looking at the site.

DJWilson
29-09-2010, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know who these people are?

Registrant:
Discoz.com
PO Box 307
Ruislip
Middlesex, London HA4 9XH
UK

Domain name: UK-DISCO.COM

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 12:14 PM
According to Discoz.com "We're The Largest Organisation of Independent DJ's In The Country" so now we know!

rob1963
29-09-2010, 12:53 PM
I don't really understand why someone wouldn't want to add their details to a free disco listing site, especially one which includes a link to their website, therefore helping to increase their Google search results.

:confused:

Vectis
29-09-2010, 12:55 PM
therefore helping to increase their Google search results.

:confused:

Not necessarily.

More likely they're leveraging your reputation to improve theirs.

Linking to sites with a bad rep can pull yours down ;)

dj keevers
29-09-2010, 01:33 PM
maybe reasonable to add a listing but its a poorly laid out site and may, as vectis warns, lead to your linking harming your search engine rating than improving it

yourdj
29-09-2010, 01:37 PM

Before anyone comments make sure you don't confuse it with http://www.uk-disco.co.uk/

I got a text in the garden centre and thought it was the .co.uk site.

seems OK.

It really annoys me when they put south east and south west (same on this site).
I live in Southampton which is slap bang in the middle. being stupid it confuses me.

why not by county only (although it does do that too). :p

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 01:38 PM
Congratulations on your award Keevers, when was the ceremony, I seem to have missed it?

DeckstarDeluxe
29-09-2010, 01:38 PM
I'm the same Toby being in the north part of Gloucestershire I'm pretty much between midlands and south west

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm the same Toby being in the north part of Gloucestershire I'm pretty much between midlands and south west

and me, I get lumped in with the West Midlands, so get piles of "low-rent" enquiries from Birmingham & South Staffs.

Vectis
29-09-2010, 01:48 PM
At least you get lumped in with somewhere... I've lost count of the number of times IoW isn't even on the list of COUNTIES.... including this site :) (fixed since I had a whinge, incidentally :D)

Corabar Entertainment
29-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Well, we're on the junction of 3 regions, so there! :ner:

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 01:54 PM

Yeah me too, but don't fit comfortably with any of them!:daft:

DeckstarDeluxe
29-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Yeah me too, but don't fit comfortably with any of them!:daft:

In that case have you tried Wales ;)

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 01:57 PM
Only if I can be their Premier Mobile Service! When's the next vote??

rob1963
29-09-2010, 02:01 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought Nikki Grahame had joined the forum!

SC Events
29-09-2010, 02:07 PM

I'm right on the borders of Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. :D

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm right on the borders of Staffordshire, Leicestershire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands. :D

Those are Counties not Regions! :muppet:

Shaun
29-09-2010, 02:15 PM
When I saw the thread title, I thought Nikki Grahame had joined the forum!

Who? :confused:

SC Events
29-09-2010, 02:17 PM
Those are Counties not Regions! :muppet:

I didn't read it properly, I thought Angela said Counties...

I think i'm going to go back to bed...:sick:

soundtracker
29-09-2010, 02:18 PM
Who? :confused:

Big Brother Vacant Blonde prone to screaming "Who is she?"

paulg
30-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Nothing! I don't want or need to be listed on any of these sites - especially ones that look so tatty. I wanted to ring them just to express what an awful looking page it was. Thanks for the info though.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I wanted to ring them just to express what an awful looking page it was.

Why? :confused:

DiscosMobile
03-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Sorry for jumping this thread.. and bumping it up I know how annoying that can be.. I know the owner of discoz.com and uk-disco.com his name I think is Stuart and I had a chat with him a while ago.. Based in South i think so he should know the south east / south west problem.. He seemed an nice guy and gets alot of leads and obviously cant cover them all.. especially well outside his local area. I do think it might be a case of loads of leads rubbish quality because the two I have quoted on did not convert and my price was very fair £200..