PDA

View Full Version : What would you do?

Charlie Brown
01-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Next September I have a wedding. I met the couple beforehand and they agreed to go ahead.

My prices next year are £349.

I issued them with a booking pack which stated £402.50. By mistake I had charged them the same as a couple next December.

They sent me a deposit, signed the pack and not grumbled.

Would you tell them the pricing is wrong or leave it as it is?

I've all ready made my mind up and I'll tell you at the end of the thread.

wensleydale
01-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Tell them.
Karma and all that.

Vectis
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
Tell them.

I mean, come on, a 17 year old oop north charging more than £50 for a wedding - outrageous! :p

Mark Wild
01-10-2010, 02:17 PM
I'd contact them stating I'd made a mistake, apologise and send out paperwork with the correct originally quoted price.

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Never mind Karma - it's the only honest thing to do.

funkymook
01-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Well as you've now published the fact on the internet I'd definitely let them know :D

In fact I'd do that anyway as I feel it's the right thing to do.

Mark Wild
01-10-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm surprised you've had to ask this tbh, the OP basically says "Shall I just rob them as it seems they haven't noticed I've overcharged them by £52.50"

Excalibur
01-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Tell them.

I mean, come on, a 17 year old oop north charging more than £50 for a wedding - outrageous! :p

Err, Vectis, you may be smart at some things, but you're useless at Geography. Charlie lives in the affluent South, that's why he charges so much. :p :D :D

Charlie, refund time.

Charlie Brown
01-10-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm surprised you've had to ask this tbh, the OP basically says "Shall I just rob them as it seems they haven't noticed I've overcharged them by £52.50"

I've all ready made my mind up and I'll tell you at the end of the thread.

Last night I was checking through my forms to see who hadn't returned them & one of them was the couple in question.

I noticed the mistake I'd made and rang them straight away (thinking I'd put them off, which is why they hadn't returned the form)

I left a voice mail explaining the error I had made at about 6.00pm.

The form arrived this morning. :beer1:

Mark Wild
01-10-2010, 03:02 PM
Ah ! I think I get it, you were just seeing if any other forum members would be dishonest and overcharge the couple?

Charlie Brown
01-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Ah ! I think I get it, you were just seeing if any other forum members would be dishonest and overcharge the couple?

Yeah, kind of.

I bet different trades like a builders wouldn't rectify the error if the client is happy to pay it.

Perhaps a sweeping statement but a true one. Especially in Nottingham

Corabar Entertainment
01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Perhaps a sweeping statement but a true one. Especially in NottinghamSpeaking from your vast experience of employing builders in Nottingham, of course! :p

DazzyD
01-10-2010, 03:22 PM
If you're honest with people, they'll think better of you which may just come back to reward you later in life!

By this I mean they are more likely to remember your good deed next time they need a DJ!

Larry B Entertainment
01-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Well as you've now published the fact on the internet I'd definitely let them know :D

In fact I'd do that anyway as I feel it's the right thing to do.

I would second that. Now it is public you have no choice Charlie but to tell them the mistake.

So come on then, what did you decide to do ?

Charlie Brown
01-10-2010, 04:07 PM
So come on then, what did you decide to do ?....

Last night I was checking through my forms to see who hadn't returned them & one of them was the couple in question.

I noticed the mistake I'd made and rang them straight away (thinking I'd put them off, which is why they hadn't returned the form)

I left a voice mail explaining the error I had made at about 6.00pm.

The form arrived this morning. :beer1:

Excalibur
01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah, kind of.

I bet different trades like a builders wouldn't rectify the error if the client is happy to pay it.

Perhaps a sweeping statement but a true one. Especially in Nottingham
Dangerous territory Charlie. :Naughty: Guess what forms a very large part of my day job. ;) You won't need to phone a friend.

Speaking from your vast experience of employing builders in Nottingham, of course! :p
Dunno about employing the blighters, I'd like to do something different. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) I've had experience of rectifying the mess left by some of the :Censored: :cowboy:s. :mad: :mad: :mad:

abracadabradisco
01-10-2010, 09:46 PM
I have always found it pays to be honest with clients, everyone in fact.
I had a cancellation today for a dinner dance 9th October. The cancellation fee was paid by bank transfer after I told the client about it as he had not seen the contract which was signed by another member of the T/A. I also said 'I will return the fee if I get other work for the 9th' and he immediately said 'You will be the first person we contact for the next function and I look forward to meeting you, thankyou very much'.

spin mobile disco
02-10-2010, 10:37 PM
I have made mistakes on contracts never to the clients loss so far. Normally me forgetting they wanted something extra and charging accordingly. Then nearer the time I realise should have charged them more. But as its my mistake I have always honoured them thus far.

Charlie Brown
02-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Dangerous territory Charlie. :Naughty: Guess what forms a very large part of my day job. ;) You won't need to phone a friend.

Ahh, I wasn't aware! :D

Mums had her fair share of cowboy builders though, hence my statement.

Vectis
02-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Mums had her fair share of cowboy builders though, hence my statement.

:eek: You might want to re-phrase that ;) :daft:

Charlie Brown
02-10-2010, 10:52 PM
:eek: You might want to re-phrase that ;) :daft:

I wrote a comment and deleted it.

I think we'll leave it at that. :sj: