PDA

View Full Version : HTFR! Hard to find DJ equipment (apparently)

yourdj
04-10-2010, 05:33 PM
I have bought two things from HTFR this year and they have both arrived very late:

We thought you'd like to know that we are awaiting stock from our suppliers for the following items:

The first one (a serato scratch replacement cd - hardly difficult to come across or post for that matter)
took a month and one week to arrive :eek:

The current order (a cover for my sub - ld dave (an english company)) has been over two weeks now and nothing :mad:

Why the hell can they advertise it as not in stock like this!!
http://www.bluearan.co.uk/index.php?category=Lighting&masthead=LED_Lighting&subheadnew=LED__Lighting

It tells you how many are in stock and how long the ones that are not in stock take to get delivered.
Hardly rocket science.

COME ON HTFR - PULL YOUR SOCKS UP. :(

Charlie Brown
04-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Another happy customer. :sj:

Dynamic Entertainment
04-10-2010, 05:53 PM
You seriously wasted your money on on a set of serato discs...especially when the signal can be downloaded, for free, as an mp3 from their website and burned to disc.....

PS....Serato activley encourage you to make copies too!

DJDC
04-10-2010, 07:28 PM
HTFR Freindly bunch but I too have had to wait on most occasions for items there is an increasing amount of 'in stock' but in reality with the suppliers, it is not just HTFR many others don't actually have items in their stock suppliers of ADJ, and prolight kit are strong contenders, I tried to get a twin barrel Acme Dynaroll paid online as they were in stock (not HTFR) to get a call next day cannot get them no longer in stock prolight had not updated their stock list. Ended up with 2 singles.

yourdj
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
You seriously wasted your money on on a set of serato discs...especially when the signal can be downloaded, for free, as an mp3 from their website and burned to disc.....

PS....Serato activley encourage you to make copies too!

I was selling SL1 a year ago and it looks better as a package with a set of new cd's as my one had a crack. got more than I paid for it originally :p

I ended up doing exactly what you said as it did not arrive!

welby
05-10-2010, 11:46 AM
I have been caught out on this "issue" of live stock control - I always phone them up and place the order. If it's not in stock then I go somewhere else. - It's that simple!!

DazzyD
05-10-2010, 06:08 PM
I'm in the process of ordering some lighting kit at the moment - all done over the phone!

yourdj
17-11-2010, 03:36 PM
I have been caught out on this "issue" of live stock control - I always phone them up and place the order. If it's not in stock then I go somewhere else. - It's that simple!!

I'm in the process of ordering some lighting kit at the moment - all done over the phone!

Yep I will call next time.

Guess what! It is being posted today :eek:
Its only a speaker bag for gods sake made by a british company.

1 month 20 days so far.

Shakermaker Promotions
17-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Many moons ago I had a problem with something purchased from HTFR. No problem with delivery time...it arrived the next day but it was the wrong item.
I said at the time that I would never use them again but over the past 2 years I have ordered a few bits from them and no problems at all.

surround sounds
17-11-2010, 03:42 PM
I have ordered all my rcf speakers off there and came next day. Since then i have ordered bags,lights and lasers and never had a problem. I always get free postage as well no matter what it is.

yourdj
17-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I have ordered all my rcf speakers off there and came next day. Since then i have ordered bags,lights and lasers and never had a problem. I always get free postage as well no matter what it is.

I suppose it depends what you buy?

It would be nice however to have a stock count so you know the estimated delivery. blue aran have a good system for this. i do not suppose some companies want to advertise the fact they hold little stock.

Charlie Brown
17-11-2010, 04:25 PM
I suppose it depends what you buy?

Yup - It's all luck.

Jason
17-11-2010, 06:13 PM
This is a common problem, and why I always call before placing an order.
I've called HTFR twice, and items on their website (listed as "in stock" were actually NOT in stock). For this reason, they are far down my list until I hear they tighten up on this.

As times get tighter, I expect this to get worse (not just HTFR) - companies can't afford to hold lots of stock, and are probably stretching their credit limits on their suppliers.

Matty12
17-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I had that same problem with a bulk of clamps which I ordered I waited for 3 weeks and nothing came so I canceled the order and brought them from somewhere ells but I still use them
matthew

Ecstatic Events
17-11-2010, 07:50 PM
I only ever bought vinyl off them. Got on really well with a guy there who added 15% permanent discount to my account. Never had a single problem and I ordered ridiculous amounts from them. I have heard on more than one occasion they are pretty poor with hardware sales...

dj keevers
26-12-2010, 09:59 PM
A quick search on here will show a large number of postings regarding orders from HTFR and there excuses they come up with. My personal experience was a personal phone order for a standard ultimax stand and after 6 weeks of excuses it finally turned up. By the way, that was 6 weeks after there initial delivery date and not the phone order date which was an nearly a week before so actual time from order to delivery 7 weeks.

My advice is give them a wide berth unless its a stunning price or something rare or special

yourdj
26-12-2010, 11:07 PM
The prices are usually cheap as they do not do recorded delivery too which could be an issue if it went walkies as you may have to wait another 6 weeks for small items :D

Gear 4 DJ's have some good deals on at the moment. :)

Charlie Brown
26-12-2010, 11:09 PM
DJ kit all the way or a good shop around on eBay.

Jason
26-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Support a local physical store!

I don't have too much choice here; UDM (enfield - 15 mins away) or DJ Superstore ('Sarfend - 45mins away), but for most items do try to make the effort.
Lots of reported problems from HTFR on other forums, and I tried to purchase something from them (shown as "in stock") in November - but being wise to the reported problems, called to check...

No stock..

I don't have a problem using known dealers on ebay, but prefer to either call, or use their website (after calling..lol)
Ebay, is fine for commodity gear (fuses/branded cables etc) but for sound+lighting, nothing beats a hands on demo.

Jiggles
26-12-2010, 11:39 PM
Only company I have yet to complain about is Thomann. All he rest have had some problems with!

Shaun
27-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Only company I have yet to complain about is Thomann. All he rest have had some problems with!

Don't get me started again on Thomann! :d