PDA

View Full Version : BPM - the aftermath.

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-10-2010, 09:23 PM
So, who did you meet? What were you impressed with or not impressed with? Any new products that took your eye?

I had a ball. Great to meet a few new faces and meet Shaun at last! :beer1:

New products that caught my eye - Denon MC6000 - looks fantastic. I had quite a long chat with Gary from Denon about it and it looks very good indeed. (£700 though!) Other things that caught my eye were the Ultimax adjustable stand and the star cloth frame, which I will probably be ordering.

Quote of the day from Toby (Your DJ) to Corabar Steve.

" You're not as mad, bad and dangerous to know, as I thought you'd be" :D

Fat git of the day Neil "28 oz of meat mixed grill" Deckstar Deluxe.
A close second Scott "I couldn't manage the last sausage" Cameron.

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 09:27 PM
Peter "It's only a fiver" Fisher

Corabar Entertainment
04-10-2010, 09:31 PM
A close second Scott "I couldn't manage the last sausage" Cameron.Shortly followed by Neil announcing to everyone that I was eyeing up and wanted his meat! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Lee "who's the other gay then?" Gordon

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 09:41 PM
I think it's time for a few pics. Look for a gallery thread once I've had time to swap PCs

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Corabar Steve walking into the main arena, just as the So Solid Crew were finishing their performance....

"Got anything decent mate"

:thumbsup:

Lee
04-10-2010, 09:42 PM
Lee "who's the other gay then?" Gordon

I had a few by then and wasnt paying attention lol :daft:

Excalibur
04-10-2010, 09:47 PM
Peter "It's only a fiver" Fisher
And would have cost more in time, effort and aggravation to recover, yerronner. ;) :D :D

Shortly followed by Neil announcing to everyone that I was eyeing up and wanted his meat! :eek: :eek: :eek:

And that was one of the cleaner double entendres of the night! :eek: ;) ;)

I kept expecting Finbarr Saunders to turn up. ;) :D :D

Booche
04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
I must admit that Toby made us all chuckle when he met Tom ;)

I wont repeat what he said but majority that were at the bar at the time will understand lol

Cheers Dave :)

Corabar Entertainment
04-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Shaun doing his impersonation of Daz in Reflex by unbuttoning his shirt and playing with his nipples.

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 09:51 PM
Shaun doing his impersonation of Daz in Reflex by unbuttoning his shirt and playing with his nipples.
Photographic evidence exists

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Photographic evidence exists

Ew...

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Corabar Steve walking into the main arena, just as the So Solid Crew were finishing their performance....

"Got anything decent mate"

:thumbsup:
Ithangyew :sj:

Gave the security woman a good laugh

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Ithangyew :sj:

Gave the security woman a good laugh

She obviously doesn't get out much...:D

flatliners
04-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Wasnt impressed with myself. but it was a fantastic night all the guys that came to reflex were spot on.
But Corabar Steve was a bit to handy with the camera god knows what pics are going to be posted on the forum.
A great trip back with steve and mary.
Roll on next year

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Wasnt impressed with myself.

Don't put yourself down Shaun. :lol:

flatliners
04-10-2010, 10:06 PM
I am crazy when i am drunk well it was more my dancing i wasnt impressed with

soundmaster mobile disco
04-10-2010, 10:07 PM
Just got back home from bpm and have to say i loved,looking forward to doing it all again next year.It was great to see all you guys from here,I enjoyed the night out at reflex80s bar,(Made a nice change from the bpm style music on offer).

I was surprised at how many different products the ultimax brand produces.Had a good conversation with andy,discussing his articale in bpm about the diffenence style in laptop djs.Finished up buying another double trusslite bar plus vertical poles and a set of wheels from ultimax.

Both Alan and myself felt that there was not so much on offer today,The main arena did not have much to interest us today apart from the dancers at the end while brian mole did his set.

Still it was a big expense for us coming down for the 3 days but feel it was well worth every penny.

Look forward to viewing angela & Steves photos

STEVE HANLEY
04-10-2010, 10:13 PM
The horrendous drive down was made all the sweeter for awesome people we met on this forum last night..and a great party in Reflex to boot.

Will post some pics up in this thread tomorrow night:beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I have to say that Steve and Mary, Shaun Flatliners, Gary Soundmaster and Shaun Elite, have my utmost respect for coming all that way.

Top effort.

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
It was a good decision to get cabs so that everyone got a chance to have a drink. (good to see the "non drinkers" handled themselves admirably & didn't make fools of themselves (unlike the rest of us))

Corabar Entertainment
04-10-2010, 10:16 PM
I have to say that Steve and Mary, Shaun Flatliners, Gary Soundmaster and Shaun Elite, have my utmost respect for coming all that way.

Top effort.:agree:

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 10:17 PM
I am crazy when i am drunk well it was more my dancing i wasnt impressed with
:sj:

STEVE HANLEY
04-10-2010, 10:22 PM

Top effort.

Was well worth it Darren. Those who couldn't make it missed a superb time.

Roll on the next one

STEVE HANLEY
04-10-2010, 10:26 PM
:sj:

Yes you're right Shaun. We weren't that impressed either:D :D :D :D

Tom
04-10-2010, 10:36 PM
I must admit that Toby made us all chuckle when he met Tom ;)

I wont repeat what he said but majority that were at the bar at the time will understand lol

Cheers Dave :)

Hahaha lol

It was a good decision to get cabs so that everyone got a chance to have a drink. (good to see the "non drinkers" handled themselves admirably & didn't make fools of themselves (unlike the rest of us))

Glad I decided to have a drink that night. Was well gone tipsy but made sure I didnt act a fool. lol. Good times though. :D :D :D

flatliners
04-10-2010, 10:51 PM
Did you really have to put that pic up

Corabar Steve
04-10-2010, 11:20 PM
You just wait until you see the next one of you in the Gallery thread.

rob1963
04-10-2010, 11:36 PM
Glad I decided to have a drink that night. Was well gone tipsy

I though you were teetotal, Tom...or am I mixing you up with someone else?

:confused:

DeckstarDeluxe
05-10-2010, 12:16 AM
I have barely recovered.

Ended up sleeping on james and adams hotel room floor. Put it this way we had breakfast before going to bed....

Charlie Brown
05-10-2010, 02:36 AM
I though you were teetotal, Tom...or am I mixing you up with someone else?

:confused:

I thought so too but I reckon he pushed the boat out for the Dj extravaganza of the year. :sj:

Pe7e
05-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Other things that caught my eye were the Ultimax adjustable stand and the star cloth frame, which I will probably be ordering.

Is that a new addition to the ultimax range? Do you have a link?

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Is that a new addition to the ultimax range? Do you have a link?

I haven't looked, but they said they were coming out in about 3 weeks.

rob1963
05-10-2010, 09:39 AM
I though you were teetotal, Tom

I thought so too but I reckon he pushed the boat out for the Dj extravaganza of the year. :sj:

In which case he's NOT teetotal!

:D

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2010, 09:54 AM
In which case he's NOT teetotal!

:DAdd the words 'any more' on to the end of that sentence, and it just about sums it up :D

rob1963
05-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Add the words 'any more' on to the end of that sentence, and it just about sums it up :D

:Laugh:

Corabar Steve
05-10-2010, 10:06 AM
We seem to be a disruptive influence on teetotalers

Shaun
05-10-2010, 10:58 AM
Really was a fun night. Highlight for me was finally getting to meet Darren, Angela and Steve. They've only been going on at me for 4 years to get my butt down to the meetup.

GOOD TIMES
* Finally meeting everyone

* Flatliners having a half hour monologue with my brother about how the optics were so clean and dust free on the lighting in 'reflex', despite my brother not being a DJ and not really knowing what he was talking about!

* Seeing that Reflex had hired Peter's moustache for their flyer advertising

* Daz's large whisky's

* Bumping into Alex the next morning at BPM, and whispering to him "are you sober yet?" before carrying on walking. Next thing I know he's caught up with me shouting "I'M SORRY" and about-turning and running back to his stand. Gotta love a man that parties so hard and gets so drunk that he apologises 'just in case he offended anyone'..lol.

BAD TIMES
* Me being a light-weight and heading off early (see below).

* Daz's large whisky's

* Ripping open my shirt and tweaking my nipples (again....Daz's fault for those large whisky's)

* Chatting to Steve and Angela the next day whilst hungover, and telling them I was off to buy some custom fitted in ear microphones. Till my brother pointed out I meant in-ear monitors. No wonder I got a strange look.

I've no idea how so many of you carried on the party till 5am, I was wrecked by 1am. Did I mention it was Daz's fault? :d

Anyway, I had a blast! Cheers everyone. :cheers:

Mark Wild
05-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Looks like you had a corker, still gutted I missed it.

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2010, 11:13 AM
Shaun... your post has just had me in fits of giggles here! :Laugh:

Corabar Steve
05-10-2010, 11:17 AM
The thing is, (certainly in the pub, where I blieve the first whisky was bought) the size of th glasses they were using a single looked lonely in there on it's own

Penfold42
05-10-2010, 11:30 AM
I had a good time so thanks peeps, needed that.
Good to see everyone make the effort.

Eating early helped
....even found a kebab shop after Reflex!! Whoop, Whoop!! :D

Thanks for the beers afterwards Peter.

Shaun
05-10-2010, 11:31 AM
The thing is, (certainly in the pub, where I blieve the first whisky was bought) the size of th glasses they were using a single looked lonely in there on it's own

Worrying that a single shot of whisky will be lonely all by itself in a tall glass is no reason to add more........but I'll certainly go along with it. :d

I ended up with a half pint of straight whisky at one point. Good times!

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2010, 11:51 AM
....even found a kebab shop after Reflex!! Whoop, Whoop!! :D...and then proceeded to moon at us up on the first floor reception from the street below! :eek: Cheers for that Tony!

(The cars going past on the road must have had a REAL eyeful! :lol: )

Shaun
05-10-2010, 11:52 AM
...and then proceeded to moon at us up on the first floor reception from the street below! :eek: Cheers for that Tony! :lol:

:lol:

Penfold42
05-10-2010, 11:55 AM
...and then proceeded to moon at us up on the first floor reception from the street below! :eek: Cheers for that Tony!

(The cars going past on the road must have had a REAL eyeful! :lol: )

Did I??? :o

Good job i had a shower......:D :D :D :D :D :D

Corabar Entertainment
05-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Did I??? :o ROFL!

SC Events
05-10-2010, 12:18 PM
It was more than a 'moon' Angela, he trousers were round his ankles hahaha :D :D :D

...Not the prettiest site in the world!!! :p

jamesh
05-10-2010, 12:25 PM
All i can say is Ugggg!

Fantastic weekend... I feel like i've been hit by a bus then had the said bus reverse back over me followed by a steam roller just to make sure they'd got me!

Wouldn't have changed it for the world though!

I thought stand G20 was fantastic... ;) Lots of great products including the deckstand booth pro and the micro deckstand booth but i especially liked the new Deckstand Booth flex... :muppet: :D :D :D :muppet:

Sorry i can't do a bigger review than that of the show or night out right now but i'm going to crawl back off to bed - trying to catch up on the couple of hours a night i managed to grab over the weekend :daft:

flatliners
05-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Really was a fun night. Highlight for me was finally getting to meet Darren, Angela and Steve. They've only been going on at me for 4 years to get my butt down to the meetup.

GOOD TIMES

* Flatliners having a half hour monologue with my brother about how the optics were so clean and dust free on the lighting in 'reflex', despite my brother not being a DJ and not really knowing what he was talking about!

* Daz's large whisky's

* Bumping into Alex the next morning at BPM, and whispering to him "are you sober yet?" before carrying on walking. Next thing I know he's caught up with me shouting "I'M SORRY" and about-turning and running back to his stand. Gotta love a man that parties so hard and gets so drunk that he apologises 'just in case he offended anyone'..lol.

BAD TIMES

* Daz's large whisky's

* Ripping open my shirt and tweaking my nipples (again....Daz's fault for those large whisky's)

* Chatting to Steve and Angela the next day whilst hungover, and telling them I was off to buy some custom fitted in ear microphones. Till my brother pointed out I meant in-ear monitors. No wonder I got a strange look.

I've no idea how so many of you carried on the party till 5am, I was wrecked by 1am. Did I mention it was Daz's fault? :d

I do talk **** when i am drunk good job i didn't start talking about football

Shaun
05-10-2010, 01:08 PM
I do talk **** when i am drunk good job i didn't start talking about football

It was all good fun, and was nice to meet you....and not a bit of "txt talk" in sight. :D

flatliners
05-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Was going to mention about the text speak but the alcohol told me not to.

Alex
05-10-2010, 02:06 PM
The alcohol told me not to do loads of things.... but I did anyway LOL

Really great night :).... we seriously need to do that again sometime soon!!!
Perhaps a london meet up?? hehehehe

Shaun... your post was fantastic :) I almost broke my chair because i threw myself backwards with giggling :)

I don't remember much, but the pictures Steve posting on facebook are bring back memories..... and flashbacks!
** i'm still finding glitter and I don't know where it's coming from! ooohhh errr **

Corabar Steve
05-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Why do you think I stayed very clear of those hats?

Shaun
05-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Good Times
My brother, Jim, going up to have a go on some decks, reaching out for the platter and doing some scratching movements back and forth. He got the shock of his life when he realised that it was connected to some speakers. The funny thing is that (despite never having touched a deck in his life) the scratching technique sounded excellent. I'm sure a saw I few guys round us giving an approving nod. :d

The swagger he had walking away from that stand afterwards was priceless. :D

flatliners
05-10-2010, 03:31 PM
At least when the music stopped we didn't have to pack up any equipment

jamesh
05-10-2010, 04:24 PM
I had to :( lol

Excalibur
06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
Hahaha lol

Glad I decided to have a drink that night. Was well gone tipsy but made sure I didnt act a fool. lol. Good times though. :D :D :D
Wait for my piccies mate. ;) :D :D

We seem to be a disruptive influence on teetotalers
You're not a very good one on drunks, either. ;) :D :D

Looks like you had a corker, still gutted I missed it.
No excuses next year mate, your name's on the list.

GOOD TIMES

BAD TIMES

* Daz's large whisky's

Yeah, but the royalty cheque seems strangely absent. :( :(

Shaun, you're a legend.

Tom
07-10-2010, 06:40 PM
Wait for my piccies mate. ;) :D :D

:sofa:

OllieJames
07-10-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm so annoyed I couldn't go in the end :( :( :( Will have to make it next year!

yourdj
07-10-2010, 10:20 PM
:sofa:

Ah That tom!

The Warp Tish Man :D

Just worked it out. We should have talked cars - just sold an impreza. :)
i did not talk to many people as the time just disappeared before I had the chance!!

Excalibur
08-10-2010, 07:35 PM
Ah That tom!

i did not talk to many people as the time just disappeared before I had the chance!!

It did indeed, young man. ;) I couldn't believe when the dj switched off, and I saw 1am on my watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

DeckstarDeluxe
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Speaking of which.....

DJ wasnt fab was he?

Guy last year was really good

Excalibur
08-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Speaking of which.....

DJ wasnt fab was he?

He was the only thing over the whole weekend that made me feel good. ;) :o :o :o

( Apart from the Mild )

Corabar Steve
09-10-2010, 01:13 AM
I'd forgoten the mild. That was a bit of a result. Under £2 a pint

Tom
09-10-2010, 08:46 AM
Ah That tom!

Hahahaha lol.

Ahh nice. Could of done but knowing me, we would of been there all night instead of dancing. lol.

Excalibur
09-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I'd forgoten the mild. That was a bit of a result. Under £2 a pint

Watch and learn, Glasshopper, watch and learn. ;) :D :D

The best drink of Sunday, irrespective of price.

yourdj
10-10-2010, 07:31 AM
Speaking of which.....

DJ wasnt fab was he?

Did not even notice. Only some dismal tracks, but it is a themed bar so you have to expect it. Only thing i saw is the funky looking bar across the road was heaving! Probably more expensive however.

Corabar Steve
10-10-2010, 08:39 AM
Did not even notice. Only some dismal tracks, but it is a themed bar so you have to expect it. Only thing i saw is the funky looking bar across the road was heaving! Probably more expensive however.
& boring as hell. We've been there previous years & ended up in reflex.

SC Events
10-10-2010, 05:17 PM
...I've found my pictures from BPM, but only from the show :P

Will upload to Facebook as they are too big for the forum's file size limits.

DeckstarDeluxe
10-10-2010, 05:19 PM
...I've found my pictures from BPM, but only from the show :P

Well dont be shy princess get them on here! :daft:

yourdj
11-10-2010, 12:22 AM
It did indeed, young man.

Thats actually how you speak in real life :)

Almost like a Disney wizard type character (take off the beard and glasses).

http://blog.nola.com/michaelkleinschrodt/2008/06/large_SwordScene.jpg

Just what I was expecting. ;) Love the T shirt!!

Excalibur
11-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Thats actually how you speak in real life :)

Almost like a Disney wizard type character (take off the beard and glasses).
!!

I've got the glasses, Toby. ;) The beard, I'm working on. :D :D :D :D Nice to meet you at Reflex.

OK serious time. I've still got some funny tales of BPM, but they may have to wait. Actually, I'll just slot in one tale. Penfold arranged taxis for us, and enlisted the services of an absolute gem.
"Anyone local? ", he says. "No mate. Yorkies, Yellowbellies and all poinyt west".
"Just me from Brum then, " he says. At this point I chirp up, " Ooh look. You picked us up outside the Prince of Wales, and here we are now going past the Prince of Wales!!!! ":eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Our hero was at pains to point out the existence of two similarly titled hostelries, and that he wasn't taking us on a circular tour. :D :D :D

May I urge anyone considering visiting BPM to go simply to meet those of the MDD crew who go. I met a few this year I had not done before, in particular Martin ( funkymook) and Gary ( Soundmaster. ) Lovely folk, both of them. Not forgetting Shaun ( Flatliners) of course.

May I also everyone to try their hardest to attend the post show soiree involving Reflex and other venues. A night of revelations ( keep it hidden next time, Eh Tony. ;) ), general good humour, and revelry. I can't remember five hours going by so fast.

Reflex: well, all tales about the shabbiness were obviously a red herring, cos it was more than acceptable. ( Until Darren wrenched the back off the seating) . Fantastic to meet Steve Hanley, and Mary, I must contact then again. Lovely lovely folk. And of course the legend that is Shaun ( Elite). A true Party Animal. Penfold, cos you can't keep him out of anything, thanks for arranging the taxis mate, well done. Nice to have a chat with Steve and Angela ( Corabar) and of course Darren. If I've forgotten anyone, I sincerely apologise, but the brain cells die off quickly at my age.

I must say how impressed I was with Scott (SJS) and Neil ( Deckstar). I had not met them before, and I thought they were two truly splendid young lads, and I look forward to meeting them again.

This is one of the great reasons for attending any of our get togethers, you see the real person, without the keyboard adding confusions.

See you all next year. :beer1: :beer1:

funkymook
11-10-2010, 02:30 PM
It was great meeting you all there, and I'll definitely try for an overnighter next year.

Sorry I've been absent - got home after BPM and we had a serious illness in the family, everything is under control now though.

I tried all the controllers on offer and decided most were overpriced for what I needed (just basic deck control) and couldn't justify spending £400+ to send midi messages however well built they were. So ended up getting a cheap Hercules unit that works fine for me.

Just noticed my MDD subscription got reversed due to lack of funds (I haven't kept an eye on the account I use for all my online purchases) - will get that sorted in the next few days.