PDA

View Full Version : Technical Support Website :)

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 01:01 AM
Hello,

Over the last couple of days I have been updating my school's technical support website for the Performing arts department.

They asked me to go away and see what I could come up with as they didn't know what they wanted the website to look like.

Please feel free to check it out online at :

http://cheshamparkcommunitycollegete... onfruit.com/# (http://cheshamparkcommunitycollegetechnicalsupportteam.mo onfruit.com/#)

Once the website is finished, I will be purchasing a domain name for it.

Comments welcome.

Many Thanks,

Tom

Gareth
10-10-2010, 01:26 AM
Do you really have that sort of equipment - like the Mac 250s??

Shaun
10-10-2010, 01:31 AM
Tom, please take the time to ensure you're posting in the most relevant forum section.

Thread moved.

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 01:33 AM
Do you really have that sort of equipment - like the Mac 250s??

The school don't personally own them but we hire them in from a lighting company if our events or external events require them.

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 01:34 AM
Tom, please take the time to ensure you're posting in the most relevant forum section.

Thread moved.

Sorry Shaun.

Shaun
10-10-2010, 01:39 AM
Sorry Shaun.

No problem. :beer1:

Charlie Brown
10-10-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't really get what it's all about?

Explain? :o

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 12:30 PM
I don't really get what it's all about?

Explain? :o

At our school, we have clients come in from other schools and places and they hire our drama studio and most of the time, they ask the school weather we can provide technical support for their event.

I have created this website to show the clients what we can offer them and they can book our technical support team + services via the new website.

Shaun
10-10-2010, 01:26 PM
At our school, we have clients come in from other schools and places and they hire our drama studio and most of the time, they ask the school weather we can provide technical support for their event.

I have created this website to show the clients what we can offer them and they can book our technical support team + services via the new website.

What does the weather have to do with it?

Charlie Brown
10-10-2010, 01:30 PM

I'll give you ten pounds every time somebody makes a booking through the site. :)

DJWilson
10-10-2010, 02:33 PM
World's longest web domain?!?!?

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 05:22 PM
What does the weather have to do with it?

Sorry, I knew what I wanted to say but I used the incorrect word to put my point across.

I'll give you ten pounds every time somebody makes a booking through the site. :)

I am liking this :)

World's longest web domain?!?!?

I will be buying a domain name which will be alot shorter. The current domain is the one the website designer supplied when I signed up.

DJWilson
10-10-2010, 05:25 PM
I am liking this :)

He was saying he'd be suprised if people did book via the website.

Charlie Brown
10-10-2010, 05:26 PM

Indeed.

I don't think one person will.

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 06:50 PM

I will be promoting the Technical Support Team via website, business cards, flyers and by doing events and hopefully getting repeat bookings.

Indeed.

I don't think one person will.

I reckon I will get bookings via the website or email.

Jiggles
10-10-2010, 07:04 PM
The site give me no information on the halls / studios sizes, power points ie if they have x 13A, y 16A, z 32A lay outs and such. These are ALL important to outside production companies. I think you need to go back and think about what you want on the site over all. atm its just look at what equipment we own/ can get you! which tbh is useless.

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 07:32 PM
The site give me no information on the halls / studios sizes, power points ie if they have x 13A, y 16A, z 32A lay outs and such. These are ALL important to outside production companies. I think you need to go back and think about what you want on the site over all. atm its just look at what equipment we own/ can get you! which tbh is useless.

If you go onto the Equipment (Lighting page) and scroll down to the bottom of the page with the arrows provided on the left hand of the page, you will be able to find out that information.

Charlie Brown
10-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Just a bit of a boring site Tom.

Lists of lights etc is pointless.

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 07:44 PM
Just a bit of a boring site Tom.

Lists of lights etc is pointless.

Thank you for sharing your opinion about the website.

I think there is some quite important but revalent information on the website and I think it will come in use when clients book the Technical Support Team for their event.

Jiggles
10-10-2010, 07:46 PM
If you go onto the Equipment (Lighting page) and scroll down to the bottom of the page with the arrows provided on the left hand of the page, you will be able to find out that information.

All that information should be on its own page available from the main menu. Its like the most important and key information you hold. See I never looked at that part of the page because I got bored of the list of equipment! The whole site needs to be re worked I'm sorry to say!

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 07:54 PM
All that information should be on its own page available from the main menu. Its like the most important and key information you hold. See I never looked at that part of the page because I got bored of the list of equipment! The whole site needs to be re worked I'm sorry to say!

Thank you, I have re-arranged it now.

Please tell me if it is still wrong.

Corabar Entertainment
10-10-2010, 07:59 PM
..the one the website designer supplied when I signed up.Now I'm confused... I thought YOU were doing this site. :confused:

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 08:01 PM
Now I'm confused... I thought YOU were doing this site. :confused:

I am designing the site but I am using a free piece of software to design it on, which I called the website designer for some reason.

Jiggles
10-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Thank you, I have re-arranged it now.

Please tell me if it is still wrong.

Thats better but also include things like wall sockets and any thing like three phase power, 16a 32a and 64a connections, 13a sockets and so forth. Some times outside companies bring there own dimmers and they need like 3 phase 32a connectors!

DynamoTom
10-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Thats better but also include things like wall sockets and any thing like three phase power, 16a 32a and 64a connections, 13a sockets and so forth. Some times outside companies bring there own dimmers and they need like 3 phase 32a connectors!

Yes, I will add that kind of information when I am back into school on tuesday.

Shaun
11-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Thank you for sharing your opinion about the website.

I think there is some quite important butrevalent information on the website and I think it will come in use when clients book the Technical Support Team for their event.

What's a revalent?

DynamoTom
11-10-2010, 05:02 AM
What's a revalent?

I was meant to put relevant, Sorry.

Chris1984
11-10-2010, 06:09 AM

you mean 63a

Jiggles
11-10-2010, 07:24 AM
you mean 63a

Sorry yes! Moment of madness there for some reason. :o

Larry B Entertainment
11-10-2010, 07:37 AM

I agree. Often outside production companies will bring their own kit and are only interested in what power you can provide and if they will be able to fit it in the hall.