PDA

View Full Version : Just finished my weekend gigs!

jwpentgroup
29-07-2006, 11:48 PM
This weekend, i've taken a break from my mobile disco business and have stood in for a friend, who is usually the resident at a hotel called 'The Hundred House', near telford.

Anyway, Friday night - arrived, took my laptop and used their in house gear.
Everyone happy - no complaints.

Now tonight - half way through setting up laptop and connecting a few nights - i get taken to the manager.

Where he basically told me to keep the "f***ing volume down", coz' there gonna lose their license.

To which i replyed, if someone would have said something yesterday, i could have done something about it. Where the DJ Booth actually is - you can't hear a thing! And tonight i had complaints of the music being so quite.

I don't feel anyone with managerial skills would have started swearing in the car park at me, nor do i feel anyone should have the right to talk to anyone else with such an attitude.

Shame though really - i was stepping in for a friend, and without me! There would have been no DJ!

Glad the weekend is over.

Have a disco
30-07-2006, 12:31 AM
Think I would have packed up there and then in front of the wazzock manager, you did you best mate you were only covering for a mate, but no one has the right to yell at you I guarantee his face would have changed if you presented him with the booking fee and walked. He would have zipped up in seconds

A1DL
30-07-2006, 12:41 AM
Think I would have packed up there and then in front of the wazzock manager, you did you best mate you were only covering for a mate, but no one has the right to yell at you I guarantee his face would have changed if you presented him with the booking fee and walked. He would have zipped up in seconds

what is a booking fee, Badger? (in this context)