PDA

View Full Version : Been out of the loop for a wee while....

DeckstarDeluxe
14-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Got a last minute booking come through today (don't ask)

Anywho been awhile since I've done a kids party and wanted to see what the must plays are at the moment. Doing two parties in the same venue one for 4-7 and then 8-10.

I've heard of camp rock? is that something kids of this age range would enjoy? They've also got a theme of twilight which I'm gonna have to research too.

Suggestions please

Charlie Brown
14-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I did an 8 years old birthday the other week.

Still be silly and mess around on the mic. They like to think they're grown up etc but really they enjoy being silly.

Musical bumps? Get them to clap their hands in the air and shout POO before sitting down.

Top 40 will be fine with a bit of Steps, S Club 7 etc.

JTRS
14-10-2010, 01:23 PM
Twilight as I am sure you know is that series of Vampire films based on the books by Stephanie Meyer (spelling?). I'm not aware of any popular chart music associated directly with the film itself, but if it's a Twilight theme then I'd be tempted to have some spooky halloween type music with me, especially Thriller as all the kids seem to love that at these type of parties.

HSM has kind of run it's course now, Miley Cyrus is also on the wane (but Hoedown Throwdown still seems to work), anything from Glee seems to have a good impact

Hope that helps

JTRS

DeckstarDeluxe
14-10-2010, 01:30 PM
Thanks JTRS and to Mr Mayhem for your call.

Just to say again its now how to conduct a kids party I'm worried about, its purely the fact I've not kept up with whats hot with kids for awhile.

I've got glee stuff but nothing from twilight or camp rock as of yet.....

diydisco
24-11-2010, 01:15 PM
i wouldnt worry about camp rock, providing you have some high school musical

most popular track is "what time is it" and "you are the music in me" the faster version

dont forget the classics, ymca, grease, conga, amarillo, hey baby, witchdoctor