PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Opinion Profile Panel

simonp
18-10-2010, 10:40 AM
Just after general opinions really - I'm making up a little lighting truss (1.5m long) for the little DJ Console and want to keep it simple. I've just ordered 2 x Martin EXF600's to go either end and was thinking of having two of the ADJ Profile panels (http://www.djkit.com/product.php?id=7008&cat=461) in the centre, controlled by the UMC 3 controller (that's the total lighting for the truss)- I was wanting an opinions on the ADJ Profile Panels - yay or nay?

simonp
18-10-2010, 10:54 AM
Just thinking about it, I may only have room for 1 profile panel in the middle of the 600s!

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2010, 11:35 AM
I am thinking about 2 of those too....

You'll have near enough the same show as me!

simonp
18-10-2010, 12:06 PM
I am thinking about 2 of those too....

You'll have near enough the same show as me!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: I did actually have yours in mind (as I said when I was up at yours) when making up the small rig.

Oooo People say I've changed - whoever said 2 lights don't make a disco :whistle:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2010, 12:08 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: I did actually have yours in mind (as I said when I was up at yours) when making up the small rig.

Oooo People say I've changed - whoever said 2 lights don't make a disco :whistle:

:lol:

That is my big rig! :eek: :D

simonp
18-10-2010, 12:14 PM
:lol:

That is my big rig! :eek: :D

:rofl: I've just ordered the one Profile Panel for now - If it's pants I'll send it back - I think it'll do just the job between the two martins - be perfect for Decembers Soiree with the small console - by eck, I may even get set up and down in half hour :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2010, 12:17 PM
:rofl: I've just ordered the one Profile Panel for now - If it's pants I'll send it back - I think it'll do just the job between the two martins - be perfect for Decembers Soiree with the small console - by eck, I may even get set up and down in half hour :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Unless I put you in a venue with stairs...:D

simonp
18-10-2010, 12:28 PM
Unless I put you in a venue with stairs...:D

:(

Shakermaker Promotions
18-10-2010, 12:32 PM
I looked at some of these just yesterday!
Do us a favour, if you get them,can you post a review and let us know what they are like. I was thinking of getting 2.

simonp
18-10-2010, 12:56 PM
I looked at some of these just yesterday!
Do us a favour, if you get them,can you post a review and let us know what they are like. I was thinking of getting 2.

Will Do Gary - I have ordered the one to start with - hopefully it should be here tomorrow

Solitaire Events Ltd
18-10-2010, 01:13 PM
Video review please please please....:sofa:

simonp
18-10-2010, 01:37 PM

You Asked for it ............................ ;)

Shaun
18-10-2010, 05:00 PM

You Asked for it ............................ ;)

.... *extend finger and point* "Catch you later"

:d

Coming soon to a thread near you. :D

simonp
18-10-2010, 06:25 PM
.... *extend finger and point* "Catch you later"

:d

Coming soon to a thread near you. :D

:rofl: Bob on ..................

simonp
19-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Well, here we go.

I was quite impressed with the overall look of the unit - very clean lines - it all looks very compact and, well - nice!
The LEDs are bloomin' bright when on full blast - small but packs a punch. As well as the 8 static colour choices and the 32 installed macro colours you can create your own because of the RGB colour mixing option in the control panel - useful say if you're wanting to match a Brides colour scheme, create your colour and it'll stay as that colour (in the RGB section until you decide to change it). Also in static mode you can control the strobe from 0 (static) to 10 (fast strobing)
There are then 14 built in programs that do various things (nothing special, but I'n not going to be using the unit for that kind of effect anyhow) - program 23 is a slow colour/merge changer and 24 is a faster version of full colour changer.
It has two brackets on the rear for different types of mounting
The unit is very light, very bright and I'm quite happy with it, espicially for the price £89.
I also bought the Arriba AC130 bag for it to live in - although it's own box and protective edging could easily suffuce.

Here's the requested video, with a special mention for Sean 'Elite' near the end as he wanted the finger :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLXIBYenH80

Shaun
19-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Here's the requested video, with a special mention for Sean 'Elite' near the end as he wanted the finger :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

:Laugh:

Mark Wild
19-10-2010, 02:43 PM
Cracking review that mate :approve: EFX 600 next?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm about to watch the review, but how bright is it compared to my 4 flat pars Pridders? (If you can remember!!)

simonp
19-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Cracking review that mate :approve: EFX 600 next?

Cheers Mark, but don't tempt me with the 600's :lol: besides they'll probably take more than half hour to work out!!

I'm about to watch the review, but how bright is it compared to my 4 flat pars Pridders? (If you can remember!!)

From what I remember, they are as bright if not brighter mate.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-10-2010, 03:56 PM
From what I remember, they are as bright if not brighter mate.

OK, ta.

Thanks for the mention...:muppet: :D

Paul The Party Dj
19-10-2010, 04:17 PM
Mmmmmmmm - not sure what I think now!

First up, thanks for doing the video, I think you covered all the points that should be raised very well. The price, features and output make it great value for money. I'm just not sure if it's too bright and if the programmed patterns are really a good option.

Maybe you could do a second video to the review with it in action at a gig?
What was that ... maybe I could buy my own and stick it where the sun doesn't shine! Well, if you get a chance - pretty please.

Cheers, Paul ;o)

Excalibur
20-10-2010, 08:44 AM
Hmmmmm. Having watched the video, I think it's better suited to my needs than my KAM 800's, and half the price. :( :( :( Ah well.

Dynamic Entertainment
23-10-2010, 05:16 PM
So...how do they compare against the LEDJ Stratos Wash?

If these are better i'll save myself £60 on a pair :)

deltic
23-10-2010, 05:41 PM
4 stratos wash panels coming up for sale me thinks:D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-03-2011, 11:05 PM
Well, I used two of these during December and into the new year, only to find I had problems with both of them. I used them on master and slave and the slave's display didn't work after a while. It also didn't work on it's own either. Using a controller, they would also randomly switch themselves on and off. I know this isn't an isolated problem as Simon told me his did exactly the same.

Lastly, the sound to light doesn't work properly - when the panels receive sound, they work fine, but if there is a quiet moment in the song, the panels then start going mad instead of staying on the colour they are on.

The shop I bought them from took a month to get them back to me repaired and I had to chase via email a couple of times.

I had been speaking to ADJ about the problems and even sent a covering letter to them so they knew what the problems were.

The sound to light problem is shown here. YouTube - SANY0842 You'll see the panel reacting to me banging the desk and then watch it go mad when there's no sound.

This surely can't be right?

DJ Sammy
21-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Darren

Can I ask, did you get these fixed, I have a pair that up until last week were working fine. Now they wont work in master slave, won't respond to a UC3 controller, and both LCD displays switch off aftr a few seconds. They also go mad like yours when there is no sound.

I've emailed DJKit to see what they will do with them as they are under warranty.

Thanks

Sam