PDA

View Full Version : Anyone used a courier before?

Corabar Entertainment
31-07-2006, 02:57 PM
I may need to use a courier service in the near future, but I really don't know where to start. To be honest, from doing a quick look around, Royal Mail looks as good an option as any.

Has anyone ever done any research into / used a courier before?

Who have you found to be the best value if you have?

Alex - Cream Ents
31-07-2006, 03:29 PM
We use TNT at work, always turn up when they say they will and nothing's got broken as yet...can't say fairer than that!

Plus I've had several bad experiences with Royal Mail / Parcelforce i.e. losing things, then not being interested, having to chase them for 2 months until my package turned up in a depot in Leeds...

theoloyla
31-07-2006, 03:31 PM
If you can easily get your item and yourself to a post office then it is the best value for money service. If the item is to be collected then DHL is best. In my experiece TNT are not reliable and neither are Parcelline.

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I may need to use a courier service in the near future, but I really don't know where to start. To be honest, from doing a quick look around, Royal Mail looks as good an option as any.

Has anyone ever done any research into / used a courier before?

Who have you found to be the best value if you have?

Where do I start...I've used loads of them!

Parcel to go (http://www.parcel2go.com/)

Parcel Now (http://www.parcelnow.co.uk/)

Parcels 4 Delivery (http://www.p4d.co.uk/)

Parcel to go use DHL and you get a much cheaper price using the website. You're not supposed to send lighting though, so be careful there.

Parcel now are slightly more expensive, but take longer items, eg: stands etc

What are you using the courier for Ang?

Alex - Cream Ents
31-07-2006, 03:48 PM
Its a tricky one with couriers as I'm sure everyone has different experiences and different people have probably been let down my most of them!

A1DL
31-07-2006, 03:52 PM
We use DHL and Hays DX regularly, IMHO they both have their "good" and "bad" points.

DHL are good in that you can book them for same day pickup, whereas DX you have to book at least one day in advance

DX are good in that (touch wood) they have never lost a consignment or delivered late - even when delivering to Scotland, which DHL take an extra day with

Multiple consignments tend to get separated with DHL but not with DX, this tends to happen with receipts rather than outbound freight, quite often we may be expecting say 30 cases and get 21 today and 9 next day

DX are also good in that you can drop off to depot late (up to 8.00 ish) as opposed to 3 hours earlier with DHL

There you go, just our experiences, I'm sure others will have differing opinions

Have a disco
31-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Afraid for most uk stuff we use Parcelforce 48 which is recorded but internationally I use UPS or DHL both are spot on and you can track the parcels online

wensleydale
31-07-2006, 05:40 PM
used parcel 2 go and they were rubbish.
good ol royal mail has never let me down,