PDA

View Full Version : Pro Dj Should Know Better

Rattz
31-07-2006, 03:23 PM
just spotted this on ebay, don't know if anybody has also seen it but this guy should know better than to sell this, if it was just the set list then sure but...

Set list and cd (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ultimate-Mobile-Disco-Setlist-Weddings-Party_W0QQitemZ290010584170QQihZ019QQcategoryZ9138 4QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Corabar Entertainment
31-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Pirate! Report him! :mad: :mad:

dj andy allwood
31-07-2006, 03:46 PM
i have reported him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rattz
31-07-2006, 04:11 PM
thats one thing, how do ya report someone on ebay, lol

Shaun
31-07-2006, 04:18 PM
thats one thing, how do ya report someone on ebay, lol

Click on the "community link" and then the "Safety Centre" link. You can report from in there.

or just click HERE (http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/contact_us/_base/index.html)

The Listing Policy Breaches is the one your after. Go through the options relating to counterfeits then click on the email option to report it.

Rattz
31-07-2006, 04:25 PM
cheers, that listing had finished but had a look at other items he was selling and there was another listing for it so reported that one. :)

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 04:43 PM
Ha Ha Ha.....Woo Woo

Sorry couldn't control my laughter there... i looked through his feedback and spotted this item he had sold, look at the last thing he states on it (in red above the track listing)

Click Here (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=58583&item=4884177776)

Corabar Entertainment
31-07-2006, 04:56 PM
What the "This is a genuine CD and DVD, I don't sell copies" bit? :omg: :omg:

ian8limelight
31-07-2006, 05:12 PM
i have reported him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good man ..... people like this don't deserve to be called a DJ !! :mad:

dj andy allwood
31-07-2006, 06:05 PM
Good man ..... people like this don't deserve to be called a DJ !! :mad:

yeah i totaly agree here is us paying loads for new cd's cos we want to give our all and then people have the cheek to make cheap copies probably have more music than we do!!! :mad:

Corabar Steve
31-07-2006, 06:10 PM
yeah i totaly agree here is us paying loads for new cd's cos we want to give our all and then people have the cheek to make cheap copies probably have more music than we do!!! :mad:
Speak for yourself :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

I agree with your sentiment though

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 06:17 PM
what i would ask though is how many of us taped the radio 1 charts show when we were younger??

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-07-2006, 06:23 PM
what i would ask though is how many of us taped the radio 1 charts show when we were younger??

Guilty... :embarasse

I didn't use to re-sell them or go out DJing with them though!

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 06:25 PM
unfortuantly not every DJ is like the majority on here though...i bet at least 75% of british DJ's do use pirated music - i knew of one who did and he was a national DJ from a scottish based radio station...

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-07-2006, 06:27 PM
i bet at least 75% of british DJ's do use pirated music

That's a very high guess-timate! :omg:

dj andy allwood
31-07-2006, 06:31 PM
unfortuantly not every DJ is like the majority on here though...i bet at least 75% of british DJ's do use pirated music - i knew of one who did and he was a national DJ from a scottish based radio station...

WAS a national dj? is he not anymore?? :)

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 08:06 PM
no he is dead now

Thames Valley Discos
31-07-2006, 09:51 PM
blimey, killed for useing pirate music, now that is a bit harsh!

BeerFunk
31-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Probably should put this in the other thread (about 'judging' other DJs when you're out), but I make a point of trying to get a look at a DJ's CD collection.

Probably 8 times out of 10, I see either a mixture of copies and originals, or just all copies! :mad:

So I would agree with Lewnics' estimate

CRAZY K
31-07-2006, 10:20 PM
Probably should put this in the other thread (about 'judging' other DJs when you're out), but I make a point of trying to get a look at a DJ's CD collection.

This will be more difficult very shortly when we all go digital!!! :teeth:

CRAZY K

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 10:22 PM
i know a number of DJ's who have all thier tracks on PC and they are illegally downloaded

Have a disco
31-07-2006, 10:39 PM
AFRAID ALL INFO TO PROVE THAT IT IS AN official download. can be got anywhere online just a case of copy and paste the numbers within the properties section of the file sad but true

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-07-2006, 10:40 PM

Probably 8 times out of 10, I see either a mixture of copies and originals, or just all copies! :mad:

So I would agree with Lewnics' estimate

ANd how do you know that they are not legal downloads put on to CDR which is completely legal?

I think people are a bit quick to judge without knowing the facts sometimes.

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 10:42 PM
but aren't the record companies coming up with new idea's in order to have digital licenses attached to the track so it cannot be played on other equiptment, ie if you download to your PC, you wouldn't be able to play it via your laptop, cant see toomany DJ's fancy lugging thier Desktops about.

Also noted that Kazza have just agreed to go legal, (cost them $54m) so perhaps this will serve as a further warning to other p2p file sharing clients who will maybe start to drop the illegal stuff before they get busted

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-07-2006, 10:49 PM
but aren't the record companies coming up with new idea's in order to have digital licenses attached to the track so it cannot be played on other equiptment, ie if you download to your PC, you wouldn't be able to play it via your laptop, cant see toomany DJ's fancy lugging thier Desktops about.

It depends on the licence that you download with the particular track - some sites specify that you can use the track on more than one PC and some don't.

In this case, we were discussing copied CDs, and just about every major download site give you permission to X amount of burns, therefore making a CD which could look like a copy, but be perfectly legal.

Candybeatdiscos
31-07-2006, 10:52 PM
hmmm...well they are shooting themselves in the foot then...do you think they really want to rid piracy as its a well known fact that they realease a few pirate copies in order to stir up interest - just like the console manufactuerers place hacks and fixes into games then release them slightly to generate more interest etc

BeerFunk
31-07-2006, 11:56 PM
ANd how do you know that they are not legal downloads put on to CDR which is completely legal?

I think people are a bit quick to judge without knowing the facts sometimes.
Good point, but it's not likely in most cases

Corabar Entertainment
01-08-2006, 12:10 AM
It is with our DJs.... although it has to be said that these discs are only a very small minority of the total number of discs that they carry

wayne_uk
01-08-2006, 12:19 AM
All of my CD's have printed lables on them, makes it easier to put back into the file system, and i print the track lists out makes it easier to see in the dim light, i use the hanging file type boxes, it works for me, but anyone looking over my shoulder would mistake my whole collection as copy's
have fun
wayne

BeerFunk
01-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I have to admit, if I see a CD-R with something scribbled on it with a marker pen - I assume it's an illegal copy! I know sometimes I would be wrong to take that stance, but in most cases I would be right?

Thames Valley Discos
01-08-2006, 07:00 AM
Lets face it, the record companies have allowed this piracy. Many people have grown up getting free music, and so for them it is difficult to get in the habbit of buying "legal music".
Digital music should have been addressed years ago.
The music in the UK is still over priced, the laws complicated. Untill this is sorted, piracy will always be with us. You hear people like Robbie williams signing a multi million pound record deal. I think it a disgrace. Cut the cost of an Album and the artiste money!! I,m sure most of us would prefer the real item "CD", so we can copy, rather than a digital track downloaded. Make Albums £4.99 or less if you want to make an impact on piracy!

dj andy allwood
01-08-2006, 07:19 AM
a couple of months ago i was given a free cd in a promotion by jack daniels and it was blank lol and it said burn your favorite tracks to this cd lol hmmmm lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-08-2006, 10:17 AM
a couple of months ago i was given a free cd in a promotion by jack daniels and it was blank lol and it said burn your favorite tracks to this cd lol hmmmm lol

Which you can do.

From legal downloads or from your own CDs without fear of being prosecuted by the BPI.....(for domestic use)

Larry B Entertainment
01-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Looks like ebay has woken up and removed it cos its gone.

Corabar Entertainment
01-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Power to the people of MDD! :teeth: :teeth:

dj andy allwood
01-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Power to the people of MDD! :teeth: :teeth:

yeah we are the greatest :)

lightspeed
01-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Well I have a fair amount of CD-R's in my collection but it is 100% legal! I do still buy a lot of my music in Cd format, but i-tunes is very handy especially for teen parties. The songs are released for legal download much earlier than they are in the shops! I used to wait until everything came out in the shops and then go and buy them, but then you have a bunch of 14 year olds moaning at you because you haven't got the pussycat dolls new one! :omg:

I-tunes is no cheaper really as its 79p a track which is about right. Very handy though!

Corabar Entertainment
01-08-2006, 11:22 AM
Same here - exactly how we use it, plus for older tracks that have somehow slipped through the net.