PDA

View Full Version : Who is currently 'in' for the Under 14s?

Megamix
28-10-2010, 12:36 PM
I don't usually do a lot of music for the youngsters but Halloween is an exception.

I have the following short list of acts with more than one hit as 'acceptably in' for the younger crowd. Do you feel this is a true reflection?

JLS
Lady Gaga
Katy Perry
Alexandra Burke
Taio Cruz
Tinie Tempah
Professor Green
Rihanna
Cheryl Cole
Saturdays
Sugababes

thomas
28-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Pretty much, I would loose Rihanna though, most are getting a bit annoyed with her due to being over played.

Few more:

Roll Deep,
Flo RIda
Usher
Katy B (Sorta)
Magnetic Man
Justin Bieber (Depending)
Enrique
Duck Sauce
Mike Posner

HTH

yourdj
28-10-2010, 02:25 PM
I would get all the chart and most popular in the last year or two.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

Megamix
28-10-2010, 02:39 PM

I've got a fair few of the hits but only want to play the post popular for a few kiddies before the adult stuff

yourdj
28-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I've got a fair few of the hits but only want to play the post popular for a few kiddies before the adult stuff

I would ask them what they want? If you have not got it there must be something they have. Thats what i often do. :)

If it inappropriate then just tell them you cant play it because of that. kids are not a stupid as people think.
They will probably want thriller and time warp etc. im sure you can get away with playing all of that stuff twice on halloween.

simonp
30-10-2010, 04:06 PM

And I'd listen to Thomas (who posted above you) as he's a lot nearer the age range :p

yourdj
30-10-2010, 05:12 PM
And I'd listen to Thomas (who posted above you) as he's a lot nearer the age range :p

thats why I posted a link to the radio one chart.
I use that every week. If you have all of that your sorted.