PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Christmas Parties.

ppentertainments
28-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Following a discussion last night.

Anyone noticing a distinct lack of Christmas Party bookings this year ??

Personally I have noticed this, however wedding bookings for December have increased - could be marketing :confused:

At present I have a total of 23 Christmas Parties, 7 weddings and 2 'other' gigs for December. This is in contrast to the 36 xmas parties and 2 weddings last year.

Also NYE - there seems to be a lot of DJ's not booked up, myself included (which I don't mind). Problem is we 'loose' 2 weekends this December.

Anyone else noticing this ??

Dynamic Entertainment
28-10-2010, 09:45 PM
You have a heck of a lot more xmas parties than me Chris. Im lucky to be getting into double figures for confirmed parties this year :(

SC Events
28-10-2010, 09:54 PM
Don't have any Christmas Parties this year, all my events in December are Weddings, 18th's, 21st's etc...

NYE, I am booked and have sorted 3 other DJ's out with bookings and have had even more enquiries.

Twinspin
28-10-2010, 10:09 PM
A lot more than i have.

Ive only got

4th 27th, 31st.

BeerFunk
28-10-2010, 10:43 PM
There will be less to go around this year as a lot of organisations have cancelled them (including the Queen, remember!). I usually do some for one of the local companies, but I don't think I'll bother this year.

flatliners
28-10-2010, 10:44 PM
And a lot more than me

Big Mix Mobile Disco
28-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Yes alot more than me also, so far I have one booking and thats on the 18th.

mikeee
28-10-2010, 11:43 PM
This decline is likely to become the norm....back to the youth clubs and pubs.

TONYTIGER
29-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Very few enquires from firms doing there own Christmas functions,but the local venues who do party nights are fully booked which would seem to be a cheaper option than running there own function.

So i am lucky as i supply these venues with mobiles and also have a 8 week stint doing Disco on ice in Salisbury.

JDB Entertainment
29-10-2010, 01:02 PM
16 Christmas Bookings, 1x 5th Birthday Party & NYE Booked for me.

A drop from last year, but still okay considering there is still a lot of enquiries coming in for December.

Next year is looking good so far though compared to this time last year for me.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-10-2010, 02:49 PM
I had a Hotel go elsewhere that we've supplied to for the last 4 years at very good rates considering they are an hour away. They have had nothing but fantastic service and all the time I get no replies to emails or messages left.

I follow up with feedback to bookings, only to get either nothing or complete nonsense back from them.

Even in the snow we got guys to them and we supplied 'extras' for nothing.

They always told us that the DJs went down well and I had a call from the event organiser who told me "the staff said you were the best DJ they have ever seen at the Hotel".

And all of this? Counts for nothing.

They have gone to someone cheaper.

It annoys me as I have had the 'provisionals' booked in for a couple of months and have chased 4 times in the last 3 weeks only to be told they've gone elsewhere.

Creature
29-10-2010, 03:01 PM
It annoys me as I have had the 'provisionals' booked in for a couple of months and have chased 4 times in the last 3 weeks only to be told they've gone elsewhere.

this has happened a lot to me as well :(

this xmas is diabilical for booking most cancelled 15 bookings between nov 25th - dec 23rd my worst since starting out

have a birthday xmas eve and news years eve

on teh plus side bookings coming in steadily for next year

ppentertainments
29-10-2010, 03:02 PM
There will be less to go around this year as a lot of organisations have cancelled them (including the Queen, remember!).
But she did phone me up to apologise :D :D :D

1878blues
30-10-2010, 11:51 AM
haha share the wealth

Charlie Brown
30-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Worst month this year for me!

3? Including NYE

DeckstarDeluxe
30-10-2010, 02:32 PM
I got one of my venues from last year booking up most of my friday/saturdays. Got one wedding too and I havent taken into account midweek dates for my town centre res either so looking very good for me.

Jonathan Ford
30-10-2010, 02:40 PM
I had a Hotel go elsewhere that we've supplied to for the last 4 years at very good rates considering they are an hour away. They have had nothing but fantastic service and all the time I get no replies to emails or messages left.

I follow up with feedback to bookings, only to get either nothing or complete nonsense back from them.

They always told us that the DJs went down well and I had a call from the event organiser who told me "the staff said you were the best DJ they have ever seen at the Hotel".

I'm in the same position. I've done 15 odd dates at a particular hotel every December for more years than I care to remember, but they haven't booked anything yet this year, despite me asking for the dates for well over a month now. I suspect they're going to use a cheaper option.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm in the same position. I've done 15 odd dates at a particular hotel every December for more years than I care to remember, but they haven't booked anything yet this year, despite me asking for the dates for well over a month now. I suspect they're going to use a cheaper option.

This annoys the hell out of me. They expect the bookings to be covered and yet give no indication of confirmation.

gaza
31-10-2010, 08:39 AM

Daren, it's not just in this business that this sort of thing happens, there is no loyalty.
When i had my small transport business i did work for the same company for 12 years and they could not be more pleased with the service that we provided and they became the countrys top Xerox dealer, then BANG, they stopped using us and starting using cheaper larger company, even though this cheaper company were damaging the odd machine (they even dropped a £20. 000. machine downs some stairs:eek: ) and were not very reliable.
The salesmen kept ringing me up saying that they wanted me to deliver the machines for them, but it was not the salesmen who paid the invoices.

So even though you offer a first class service it seems to count for nothing i am affraid.

CRAZY K
31-10-2010, 09:23 AM

The great British disease strikes again--go for cheapest.

We are not really Xmas/NYE Entertainment ( apparently ) although last year I did a few myself as we had a sudden surge in interest--predictably with even more bad news on the horizon its not happened this year--yeah cost again:eek:

The only positive here is Weddings still seem good business for us.

james24
19-11-2010, 08:40 AM
Ehh, i've registered on this forum to find out why i have such a small numer of events last time. But i see that it happened to everyone...
I'm not a professional DJ, i'm more like a beatboxer, and i make sometimes small shows. This year on christmas time i will have only one show at The Lambert Arms (http://www.squaremeal.co.uk/venues/uk/view/26192/Christmas_at_the_Lambert_Arms).

I do have a normal job and beatboxing is just my hobby that i make a small money on. I thought some day it will be my only job, but now i think it will never happen :/

Do you think this lack of orderes will pass or this is just the end of this kind of business?