PDA

View Full Version : Really Really Hacked off............

Mayhem 1
04-11-2010, 08:20 PM
:Censored: :Censored:

Gentlemen:

I have just come back from the latest meeting regarding the big Children in Need mega party and we have been told that the stage company has now desided that they want £700.00 for the stage (and that is with a minor deduction for charity!!!)

This is really crazy because it is going to severley reduce our final figure that we give.

So, I would like to ask if any forum members can pass me any contacts of where we can go to get a stage for this event?

Any help or suggestions guys???

If any company can help us we would obviously give them space for advert banners etc.

Corabar Entertainment
04-11-2010, 08:30 PM
Garry - might be an idea if you can give a few more details for this (eg: When, where, what size / height / type of stage are you looking for?)

I'm sure there are plenty of us on here who do / know of people who do staging, but it's whether or not they will be able to do what you want / need. :)

Mayhem 1
04-11-2010, 08:41 PM
Hiya Angela many thanks for the reply and here is the requirements:

When:- Friday 19th November 2010
Where:- Spiceball Leisure Centre, Banbury, Oxon.
Height = 4' - With = 16' - Depth = 12'

Charlie Brown
04-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Sorry about this!

Hope you get it sorted!

Perhaps in the wanted/suppliers section?

Alex
04-11-2010, 10:22 PM
Mayhem....

Check out 'expression events' in southampton!
I've used them a few times and they are pretty good.
The do national coverage as well I believe.

The guys name is Tim and he's worked wonders for me in the past. He might be able to help you out.

mikeee
04-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Garry, Call me tomorrow, um today, after 10.00pm, I just might be able to help :D

Mayhem 1
05-11-2010, 06:28 AM
Many thanks Alex and Mike

Will call later today

Shaun
05-11-2010, 09:31 AM
I'm not sure why you're so hacked off to be honest. The stage company is in business, and by your own admittance they've already offered a small discount for the stage hire......which is more of a discount than I offer when charities contact me. Business is business. We all have to put food on the table and pay the bills.

woody2
05-11-2010, 10:03 AM
I'm not sure why you're so hacked off to be honest. The stage company is in business, and by your own admittance they've already offered a small discount for the stage hire......which is more of a discount than I offer when charities contact me. Business is business. We all have to put food on the table and pay the bills.

for 6 sections of steel deck it seems a tad expensive:confused: keep it under 1 meter in height and pick it up should reduce cost

Creature
05-11-2010, 10:23 AM
for 6 sections of steel deck it seems a tad expensive

Does it

have you seen what it costs to keep a small truck on the road these days

and with Health and safety saying they must use at least 2 people for the job, even tho it could be safely done with one.

probally the guys will have to stay either at the booking or in B&B as its cheeper that driving all the way home - then there's their overtime for sunday working

then there's the insurance on the equipment

all of a sudden you can see why the costs are so high, at that price they probally only making 100.00 - 150.00 profit not a lot for for any company and theres probally those on here who wouldnt go out for that profit taking up a full weekend.

as an weekend event organisor I find that price very competative.

I know we all want to raise as much as possible for any charity we are supporting, but others have said here others are making a living out of it. (Unlike most on here)

They have offered a discount - dont see why you are mad. especially as if you only just enquired about hireing the stage when your event is a few weeks away ! if you dont like the quote try elswhere, i suspect tho you wont get it much cheeper, unless someone on here may be able to help out.

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-11-2010, 10:51 AM

Yep, I have to agree with Shaun. Charities must realise there are costs involved and have planned for them.

Paul James Promotions
05-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Might be able to help you with this Gary, PM sent.

CRAZY K
05-11-2010, 12:21 PM
Yep, I have to agree with Shaun. Charities must realise there are costs involved and have planned for them.

But dont you find Darren that most enquiries from them appear to be on the lines of we are all here to do them a favour.

Thats my experience.

I support one local charity and thats it:(

Re the post it does sound as though there is some scope to reduce the cost a bit for Gary although if it really is a two man job its not going to be cheap.

As Steve points out storing staging is not something you can do in the spare bedroom;) and H and S is another nightmare.

woody2
05-11-2010, 01:45 PM
Does it

have you seen what it costs to keep a small truck on the road these days

yes i own 3 7.5hgvs and 1 44 ton artic:D

hire a van and go and pick some up from hawthorns;)

http://www.hawthorns.uk.com/hire/index.asp?item=941

Mayhem 1
05-11-2010, 06:14 PM
Ok guys many thanks for all the advice and offers of help the replies have been great.

We are now sorted with a stage

Many thanks again :beer1:

mikeee
05-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Glad it's all sorted ;)

Mayhem 1
06-11-2010, 07:46 AM
Thanks Mike. I hope you keep well and healthy.:beer1: