PDA

View Full Version : New toy ultracurve pro

spin mobile disco
05-11-2010, 05:40 PM
I just bought myself a new graphic equiliser. I was shopping around looking for a cheap 1u when I came across a Behringer Ultracurve pro DEQ2496
I found it in a local DJ shop and haggled a bit and went out leaving a little lighter in the pocket to the sum of £200 still as these retail for about £80 more than that I wasnt to unhappy.

I have to say what a piece of kit. The things it can do is simply astounding and the main selling point to me was the fact it has a full specrtum analyser built in for live signal manipulation. I also has 64 memories so you can find what is best for a particular room then save for future use. Have look at the spec sheet for this becuase it simply has so much it can do i have barely scratched the surface.

I bought it for tweaking my new rcf speakers and boy does it work. I used the auto tune funtion on it with a mic and straight away showed me the eq curve it would suggest. I accepted and low and behold the bass frequencies it was lacking were back and now sound like im running a sub.
It has twin 31 band eq's built in and have made a real difference to my speakers without sub. I am intersted to see what else it can do but that will have to wait until my next gig but I am expecting good things.
Oh and only weighs at an extra 1.5 kilos in my decks as well.