PDA

View Full Version : Bcx

Mayhem 1
06-11-2010, 07:57 AM
Gentlemen:

Next year I am taking the plunge and moving over to Lap Top as my main playout system.

I would very much like to use Myriad (used it on the radio) but it is sooooooo expensive (maybe a thought for later)

I have chosen the BCX system and just wondered if there are any members who uses this system and what your thoughts are??

Looking forward to your replies

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-11-2010, 08:45 AM
I've never heard of either! I just had a look at the BCX and it looks like it is more for radio than mobile. Why not look at software that is specifically for mobile and club Gary?

If you get any problems with the usual suspects, at least there will be other people to help.

Jonathan Ford
06-11-2010, 08:55 AM
I've never heard of either! I just had a look at the BCX and it looks like it is more for radio than mobile. Why not look at software that is specifically for mobile and club Gary?

If you get any problems with the usual suspects, at least there will be other people to help.

I have to agree with Darren, Gary. It's 7-8 years since I last sat in a radio studio, so I can only comment on radio playout systems available at that time. What I will say, is that there is nothing radio playout systems can do that Virtual DJ et al can't....certainly nothing important springs to mind.

The only thing I can possibly think of is the ability to overlay whisper shots, sweepers and idents over the intro/outro. Virtual DJ et al may do that (I'm pretty sure I don't use my software to it's full capacity)....but then again, I'm not sure why that would be desirable playing live.

Gareth
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
We have used Myriad before whilst on the road and to be honest there is no need for anything that complex. I would go for a much more simple solution.

mikeee
06-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I've been playing with BCX for a couple of years at home and like the way it works. Two things, I think it would be easier to use on a touch screen, and it needs to be loaded on to a virgin machine....that was my first mistake :D.
If you have any problems, young Mr Hoffman is always on hand to help.

CRAZY K
06-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Gentlemen:

Next year I am taking the plunge and moving over to Lap Top as my main playout system.

I would very much like to use Myriad (used it on the radio) but it is sooooooo expensive (maybe a thought for later)

I have chosen the BCX system and just wondered if there are any members who uses this system and what your thoughts are??

Looking forward to your replies

Any particular reason why Laptop as opposed to Denon/ Cortex Gary?

Also whats your back up going to be?

regards

DiscoPromotions
06-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Looking at BCX and Myraid systems in detail, IMO they are prefect for radio and production environments, but for on the fly changes it would not suit Mobile/Club DJs as I would find very restrictive.

Mayhem 1
06-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Very interestintg thoughts and comments there chaps and I thank you all for your input.

Will let you know which way I go

jamesh
07-11-2010, 02:56 PM
Yep Myriad is fantastic for radio and the odd outside broadcast but not so great for mobile entertainment requirements.

If you are looking for something that looks and acts alot like myriad but without the price tag look at a software called DARP Automation... it has all the same features and pretty much the same looks as Myriad but these days is open source... Have had it running for a couple of radio stations and for some RSLs over the last few years and don't see the point in changing...

Although i do also own a 3 machine myriad licence as well :D