PDA

View Full Version : balloon modeling what should I make

Matty12
06-11-2010, 01:39 PM
hi there,
am starting to train for balloon modeling
at the moment I am you-zing Qualatex balloons
I have trained quite allot however want do the children ask for (what should I make) when were making the balloons what things do I need to make for them
I can make

dogs
cats
swords
hats
flowers
bee's
humming bird

I would like your advice on want will be asked for want animals, plants, etc etc, want I would need to make.
matthew

Tonsk
06-11-2010, 02:18 PM
To be honest, I make balloons at kids and adult parties for children parties, but keep em simple.

The more intricate and time consuming, it's a guarantee that everyone will want one..

Keep em simple.

Also, I found that the 260S balloons are cheaper and longer than the 260Q.

diydisco
24-11-2010, 01:10 PM
for me its mainly swords, even for the girls, they soon love to fight with them!

Matty12
24-11-2010, 03:24 PM
thanks what other things as well
matthew

Corabar Entertainment
24-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Matthew: you KNOW that sentences start with capital letters and end with a full stop, and you KNOW that your name should have a capital letter.

If you don't make an effort, people will stop making the effort to try and understand / help you.

Matty12
24-11-2010, 03:44 PM
Sorry I'm really tired today I've had some scans today.:( :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-11-2010, 08:14 PM
Sorry I'm really tired today I've had some scans today.:( :)

I suggest not coming on the forum and resting properly then. Come back when you are fresh. :)

Matty12
24-11-2010, 09:10 PM
:) Thanks I will, I'm going to the Doctors tomorrow to see if there is anything which will help me sleep because I'm having some trouble..:)

Mayhem 1
25-11-2010, 06:49 AM
I always find it best to keep it simple especially if you are doing it during your actual show.

You will always get a child ask for something that is impossible to make on the spot like Buzz Lightyear or an alien (these take some serious preperation)

Just something quick and add some funny banter and the job is a good un'

Matty12
25-11-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks

paulg
25-11-2010, 11:05 AM
yep, keep em simple:

swords are the quickest and most boys are happy with them. Hats too are quick. Snakes are the quickest!

Dogs, cats, giraffes - all basically the same. My dogs and cats are identical except when you give them to a child make either a woofing or barking sound.

Rabbits and kangeroos are pretty quick too (mine look like cross bred kangerabbits).

Tip: if you get an awkward one who wants a buzz lightyear or similar, blow up a balloon (don't tie it off) and ask them to hold it. Just before they do, let go and it will go whizzing across the room. Send them to find it and it get's them out of your hair. The other children love the trick too!

Matty12
25-11-2010, 11:38 AM
How do you do a rabbit which looks like a rabbit I've haven't spotted any on utube which looks like a ribbit have you spotted one.
by the way Thanks!:daft: :p :D :zip:

milo
27-02-2011, 11:32 PM
Take a look at the album on my Facebook Page (just type milo the entertainer) I have loads of simple designs on there and will help you out if you get stuck :o) Also check out www.balloonchat.co.uk – Graham runs workshops across the country. BTW Sempertex balloons are longer, stronger and cheaper :o)

milo
27-02-2011, 11:33 PM
How do you do a rabbit which looks like a rabbit I've haven't spotted any on utube which looks like a ribbit have you spotted one.
by the way Thanks!:daft: :p :D :zip:

I do a nice rabbit with two grey, a bit of pink and a bit of white:)

supersound
28-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I always find it best to keep it simple especially if you are doing it during your actual show.

You will always get a child ask for something that is impossible to make on the spot like Buzz Lightyear or an alien (these take some serious preperation)

Just something quick and add some funny banter and the job is a good un'

Just do a dog and tell the child that it was Buzz lightyear but got zapped into a dog by an alien?

paul

Matty12
28-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Take a look at the album on my Facebook Page (just type milo the entertainer) I have loads of simple designs on there and will help you out if you get stuck :o) Also check out www.balloonchat.co.uk – Graham runs workshops across the country. BTW Sempertex balloons are longer, stronger and cheaper :o)

Thanks!!!:)

I do a nice rabbit with two grey, a bit of pink and a bit of white:)

Thanks!!:)