PDA

View Full Version : Bad situation to be in

Mayhem 1
08-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Gentlenen:

I did a 6th party yesterday afternoon along with my daughter helper and was part of a package that also had a magician who is not only brill he is also a close personal friend of mine.

The times for the event were:

2:00pm - 2:45pm = Me
2:45pm - 3:10pm = Food & Cake
3:10pm - 4:10pm = Magician
2:10pm - 5:00pm = Me

Very fair timings and we were set for a good fun time

Everything was going fine until the magician came on.

Tammy and myself got seated to watch his slot in the event and after 20mins the mum came up to me and whispered into my ear "can you guys please go back on as I am pulling him, due to the children getting bored"!!

I did not really know what to say to her but she was the client so I said I would, so she then wrote out a note telling him to end and put it onto his magic stand thing.

He had a look at the note during one of his tricks and you could see that he was not happy but he ended as requested.

We came back on and while Tammy was organising the birthday cake I had a quick word with the magician and asked if he was ok and he said that he did not know what was going on as the children were riveted in what he was doing.

We finished the show as requested but I felt terrible for my buddy as he is really good magician.

Not a situation I want to be in again in a hurry that is for sure.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
08-11-2010, 06:59 AM
I suppose to be fair to expect the kids to sit for one hour was a bit hopeful
maybe 2 half hour spots first and then after food
am sure he tried his best

cheers

TONYTIGER
08-11-2010, 07:02 AM
Gentlenen:

I did a 6th party yesterday afternoon along with my daughter helper and was part of a package that also had a magician who is not only brill he is also a close personal friend of mine.

The times for the event were:

2:00pm - 2:45pm = Me
2:45pm - 3:10pm = Food & Cake
3:10pm - 4:10pm = Magician
2:10pm - 5:00pm = Me

Very fair timings and we were set for a good fun time

Everything was going fine until the magician came on.

Tammy and myself got seated to watch his slot in the event and after 20mins the mum came up to me and whispered into my ear "can you guys please go back on as I am pulling him, due to the children getting bored"!!

I did not really know what to say to her but she was the client so I said I would, so she then wrote out a note telling him to end and put it onto his magic stand thing.

He had a look at the note during one of his tricks and you could see that he was not happy but he ended as requested.

We came back on and while Tammy was organising the birthday cake I had a quick word with the magician and asked if he was ok and he said that he did not know what was going on as the children were riveted in what he was doing.

We finished the show as requested but I felt terrible for my buddy as he is really good magician.

Not a situation I want to be in again in a hurry that is for sure.

If anybody would know it would be you were the kids bored in your opinion and was the mum justified in pulling your mate.

Mayhem 1
08-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Morning Chaps, hope you are well.

DAVESOUNDS:- His act in a 1 x hour show mate and the children were really into it.

TONYTIGER:- In my pesonal opinion opinion he certainly did try his best in fact some of the tricks he did were amazing. And was the mum justified in pulling him? - I don't think so.

diydisco
24-11-2010, 01:09 PM
the problem with this is you are left with 90 minutes of solid disco for the young kids, which is normally a right slog! Most of my parties are 2 hours long, but that tends to include the first 15 minutes of kids still arriving and a 20 minute break for food in the middle!