PDA

View Full Version : New toy!

NKR
08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Hello

Just thought I would share that I have finally won on ebay a Senny SKP100 G2 - yeah baby happy bunny.

In anticipation I have also purchased a Shure 55SH to finish off Kevs swing look. Now lets hope the SKP talks to my G2 box when it arrives and hey presto, radio classic 50's mic. Well worth £250 of investment - we'll see!!

Anyway a pointless post, but hey ho the whole thing has made me happy.

I will review it once I have tried it all out.

:D

Charlie Brown
08-11-2010, 10:45 PM
Isn't this what Dermot uses on the X Factor?

NKR
08-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Isn't this what Dermot uses on the X Factor?

What a Shure 55SH? - wouldn't have though so. I think he has the new standard G3 transmitter with the shark fin on the bottom.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I have also purchased a Shure 55SH to finish off Kevs swing look.

I love the look of those mics. They are very very cool. :thumbsup:

DazzyD
08-11-2010, 11:32 PM
I agree. I was thinking of getting one for a rock 'n' roll show we were putting together for a charity event. It got cancelled but it's still an item on my want list!

NKR
09-11-2010, 05:57 AM
I will let you know how get on with it. They have the 55sh which has a cardiod pick up pattern - some people don't get on with them. Shure now do a 55SH upgrade with a super cardiod pick up pattern, but its a lot more money.

The skp100 is always going to come in useful turning any mic into a radio mic. Always helpful when doing those X Factor style talent contests we do as they can use their own mic and I can just plug the transmitter straight onto the bottom of it.

Jonny Boy
09-11-2010, 10:33 AM
The transmitter is a great idea - the SKP100 G2 does look like it'd a bit bulky tho'... look forward to hearing input via Kev...looks to me like is might spoil the balance of the mic in one's hand....
(we Divas worry about this kinda thing!) ;-)

I use similiar - the Samson AX1 which (IMO) is a bit more streamlined...but I suppose it's horses for courses...

Utterly agree that the SH55 is a lovely look, especially for swing/rockabilly etc styles... although a £$£$£ wedge to upgrade to supercardoid (ie AFAIK the same quality as a Beta 58.)

Look forward to Kev's field report! :-)

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Hiya NKR!
Theyre a brilliant bit of kit and its uses are only linited by your imagination!
I use mine ( often ) to link in wirelesly to the houses PA
to send PA / GALA speech and music to another remote area
even to drive a feed from a GALA field up to a local radio stations uplink truck so they could use my feed "on air"
also to drive a remote active system
YOULL CERTAINLY ENJOY ITS USES
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/DAVESOUNDS/senkit07.jpg

Hope you enjoy it mines the old G1 (9v) version

OH I FORGOT you can stick it into your fave microphone to make it wireless too!
Dave

CHEERS

NKR
09-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Before I read down was going to say thats a G1. Got a spare G1 receiver unit in the rack, which the G2's do talk to.

The Shure arrived today from DV247 its a big old unit, but it is a thing of beauty and although the SKP may turn out to be be quite bulky, it will actually balance the top heavy Shure 55.

I really can't wait to sound check it as it is very, very, very, very cool.

It can also be stand mounted and as I have also invested in a trigger stand he can squeeze the handle, pull the top half out and got all swing Freddy Mercury with a half stand on a 50's mic. Could work????????

Anyway the SKP will be here tomorrow as stuck at local sorting office as no one here to sign for it today.

I will report as soon as its been tested. May field record it if I get chance.

Oh ad amendum - The switch is in a quite awkward position for hand held operation. Will report how we get on with that. Anyway I don't care it just looks the nuts and will be excellent for compere work. Very cool!