PDA

View Full Version : Snow Machine

digitaldj
17-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Just bought myself a little "snow" machine to use at the end of the night for Christmas songs. Or as I like to call it a foam machine with attached sock.

Anyway. Haven't got to try it out yet as it came sealed in the box minus remote and manual!

However did use a different remote to make sure it turns on and Wow. It sounds like a hoover! I had no idea these things where so noisy. I thought the fan noise from the lighting was loud (minus music) But this is like a hoover.

Spirits High
17-11-2010, 02:25 PM
It sounds like a hoover! I had no idea these things where so noisy. I thought the fan noise from the lighting was loud (minus music) But this is like a hoover.

There was one at the DFB demo night and that sounded like a hoover aswell. I take it that that's the way they are.

Booche
17-11-2010, 02:44 PM
There was one at the DFB demo night and that sounded like a hoover aswell. I take it that that's the way they are.

lol yeah the one that no-one knew about till they ended up being covered lol :eek:

Charlie Brown
17-11-2010, 02:51 PM
I thought the fan noise from the lighting was loud (minus music) But this is like a hoover.

Yes...but what's like?

I've always wanted one.

digitaldj
17-11-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm waiting on the manual and proper remote arriving later. Then I'll have a trial. If anything I'll use it in the house at christmas out of a top window when we have guests arriving.

I have a 40th party for an Aunt at weekend so I'll have a gig trial then without to much risk if it goes pete tong as its friends and family lol

A few friends are having big christmas house parties as well and they've asked me to provide the music for.

digitaldj
17-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Great. Just called the store and I'll have to take it back tomorrow because they want the receipt which of course I handed to the Mrs for safe keeping and she's at work.

Trial tomorrow then

TONYTIGER
17-11-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes...but what's like?

I've always wanted one.

Terrible things as said very noisy very messy stains your cloths,have two in hire stock never go out.

digitaldj
18-11-2010, 11:43 AM
Turned on. Very Noisy. Not fine enough foam to look like snow and looks like it will make a real mess. I'm hoping theres a way to make the foam finer.

Charlie Brown
18-11-2010, 11:45 AM
I wouldn't bother & just take it back.

digitaldj
18-11-2010, 12:14 PM
I really can't be bothered driving another 40 miles again. I'll just keep it and use it if requested and also I'll still use it in the house at Christmas

Booche
18-11-2010, 12:39 PM
Couldn't you tie the outlet nozzle abit tighter (with a cable tie/string) to get less coming out to make it less dense ?

digitaldj
18-11-2010, 02:18 PM
I'll give that a go see what happens

Charlie Brown
18-11-2010, 02:52 PM
I'll give that a go see what happens

:sj:

UltraBeat Entertainment
18-11-2010, 04:20 PM
I bought one of the medium sized Snow machines over a year ago. I've only used it twice:(.

The machines produce a really good snow affect but they need to be put up high (which can be challenging in some venues) unless it just looks like a cheap foam machine.

Every Snow machine I've used (3/4 different machines) have been very noisy, I think this is because they need a powerful fan to push the fluid through the Cone/Sock.

Nightowl Discotheques
12-12-2010, 09:34 AM
allways drain the fluid and run it dry otherwise it sets in the pump output feed pipe however if that happens soak the pipe in hot water & clean it....

Alchemy
01-01-2011, 06:37 PM
Turned on. Very Noisy. Not fine enough foam to look like snow and looks like it will make a real mess. I'm hoping theres a way to make the foam finer.

My ADJ Snow Flurry also sounds like a Hoover, but I never use it indoors as it makes the floor dangerously slippery. Outside it's not so bad. It also has a setting for small and large flakes. I only use it once a year (NYE) so it does the job.

big beat discos
01-01-2011, 08:02 PM
i own a huge soundlab machine its loud but very powerfull and effective...kids love them but they have to be watched as floors get slippy mop advisable lol..:)