PDA

View Full Version : Smoke/Haze: Placement?

Corabar Entertainment
19-11-2010, 12:39 PM
As the title says, when you use smoke or haze machines, where do you place them?

Down on the floor, off to one side, pointing towards the front of your rig?

Hung from the lighting bar?

Somewhere else?

Do you concern yourself about symmetry on the rig, and run 2?

What's your preference?

Shaun
19-11-2010, 12:44 PM
I place it as far back behind me as possible, with the adjustable front nozzle pointing slightly up. I also place a large floor fan directly behind the haze machine which gives a more evenly dispersed coverage on the dancefloor.

Larry B Entertainment
19-11-2010, 01:08 PM
I used to have mine on one side of the rig pointing out to the dancefloor.

Charlie Brown
19-11-2010, 01:11 PM
I always use a smoke machine (where possible - tonight, It'll be used every 5 minutes.)

For maximum effect, I turn all my other lights off, apart from a really bright strobe. It looks really cool as the smoke disperses and then when the lights return to 'normal' mode (strobe off) it makes everything look "wow".

Just the one, on the floor. When I spray it I wave it around...to the dancefloor, point it up to the light bar etc.

Corabar Entertainment
19-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Just the one, on the floor. When I spray it I wave it around...to the dancefloor, point it up to the light bar etc.
Have I understood this correctly.... you pick it up and carry it/wave it around every 5 minutes? :eek: :daft:

Charlie Brown
19-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Have I understood this correctly.... you pick it up and carry it/wave it around every 5 minutes? :eek: :daft:

:lol:

:sj:

Tonight? Yes!

Wedding? Nah, I'm calmer. ;)

supersound
19-11-2010, 01:25 PM

Ooh errr missus...shes having a funny turn now.

TONYTIGER
19-11-2010, 02:28 PM
As the title says, when you use smoke or haze machines, where do you place them?

Down on the floor, off to one side, pointing towards the front of your rig?

Hung from the lighting bar?

Somewhere else?

Do you concern yourself about symmetry on the rig, and run 2?

What's your preference?

As long as its in the same room you can put it anywhere its not a visual thing,quite often if you have a good machine you can pre haze the room as a decent machine will have a long hang time up to 2 or 3 hours tend to stick mine well out of sight, this advice is for hazers only.

Corabar Entertainment
19-11-2010, 02:41 PM
Yes, but the question was about what YOU do, not what you CAN do!

TONYTIGER
19-11-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes, but the question was about what YOU do, not what you CAN do!

Lost me:confused: I put it anywhere which i thought i had said.

Mark Wild
19-11-2010, 03:06 PM
When I can actually use the bloody thing I just sit it between the speaker tripod and the booth.

Lost me:confused: I put it anywhere which i thought i had said.

Pointing at the till on the bar? lol

TONYTIGER
19-11-2010, 03:12 PM
When I can actually use the bloody thing I just sit it between the speaker tripod and the booth.

Pointing at the till on the bar? lol

lol or anywhere the manager cant find it.