PDA

View Full Version : New Design (Hopefully)

Booche
21-11-2010, 02:24 AM
Right so ive been looking for a new design which is easy to navigate round but still got the all the info on there.

So far i have just designed the home page but there is still slight work to be done on there ie: Text, Links.

Again this is in VERY FIRST stage so non of the links work but you get the idea.

I'm looking at making all pages the same layout/design but with the obvious different details on.

I feel my current website is dark, non welcoming, not really disco/entertainment style so hence why im doing this re-design :)

Any comments welcomed :)

Cheers Dave :)

P.s. Link Here: http://www.abstract-entertainments.co.uk/testsite/index.html

simonp
21-11-2010, 02:31 AM
I'm a bit undecided mate - I'm not sure I like the purple/green/blue colour scheme on the header TBH

I do like the Facebook & YouTube links though.

There's something about the 'All Occasions Covered' that doesn't sit right as well, but I can't put my finger on it at the mo.

Booche
21-11-2010, 02:36 AM
Thankyou Simon :)

Yeah the "All occasions covered" shall be altered etc as for the colors in the header i tried it with out AND with the current header of my current website and it didn't look right, i thought the colors went well but if anyone has any ideas/thoughts on what could go there and looks well ill be happy to try it :)

discomobiledj
21-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Nice layout. Make sure you fully check the spelling on your site as you have the word "companys" instead of companies.

On your all occasions you left out funeral wake unless you don't do them!

Corabar Steve
21-11-2010, 09:32 AM
You can fill in your own caption Dave (hint, it's not I want that one)(& I can't put my finger on why I've come to the conclusion that I have)

Dynamic Entertainment
21-11-2010, 09:48 AM
I like it pal....huge improvement.

With regards to the "All Occasions Covered", why not, "Derbysires premier mobile disco for;" then have your various functions listed :)

Booche
21-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Nice layout. Make sure you fully check the spelling on your site as you have the word "companys" instead of companies.

On your all occasions you left out funeral wake unless you don't do them!

Never been asked for one and i dont really think i would do them, but thankyou mate :)

You can fill in your own caption Dave (hint, it's not I want that one)(& I can't put my finger on why I've come to the conclusion that I have)

:eek: Well we cant all like it can we :P

I like it pal....huge improvement.

With regards to the "All Occasions Covered", why not, "Derbysires premier mobile disco for;" then have your various functions listed :)

Cheers Steve, yeah the "All Occasions Covered" bit will be revamped lol :D

Corabar Steve
21-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Without the typo though?

There is a school of thought that says don't make claims you can't substantiate. Maybe "One of Derbyshire's top mobile discos for"... or maybe not. Either way it's more realistic than an unprovable boast at being the top disco in any given area.

Dynamic Entertainment
21-11-2010, 11:14 AM
Any why not....

His website is his shop front at the end of the day and the whole idea of it is to make people believe you are the best in your area. By saying, "Derbyshires OKish disco" isnt gonna fetch the clients in.

Without the typo though?

There is a school of thought that says don't make claims you can't substantiate. Maybe "One of Derbyshire's top mobile discos for"... or maybe not. Either way it's more realistic than an unprovable boast at being the top disco in any given area.

Vectis
21-11-2010, 11:15 AM
You might want to reverse the order of the facebook and youtube buttons... :cool:

Oh, and pretty sure that DJmark logo is being used improperly (http://www.needadisco.com/djmark/certs/20218.php)

Booche
21-11-2010, 11:20 AM
You might want to reverse the order of the facebook and youtube buttons... :cool:

Done :) also not sure if they are staying there as i still need to add a Twitter button so they might end up being on the top right header lol

Need to make the Twitter button to match the other two now,

Mark Wild
21-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Your quite a dab hand at web design, what software do you use, if you don't mind me asking. I like it btw.

Booche
21-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Your quite a dab hand at web design, what software do you use, if you don't mind me asking. I like it btw.

Thankyou mate :) Nothing compared to the guys on here though

As for software i use Dreamweaver and photoshop Cs3,

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I have deleted all off topic posts.

Please think before you start posting and accusing people of things.

Jiggles
21-11-2010, 01:47 PM
The email and web links are white in chrome. Could be down to the bad site coding :eek:

Booche
21-11-2010, 01:59 PM
The email and web links are white in chrome. Could be down to the bad site coding :eek:

Hmmm thats weird as its alright here on chrome and its the first time ive checked it on there :eek:

Will recheck everything but thankyou for letting me know mate :)

Corabar Steve
21-11-2010, 02:24 PM
Any why not....

His website is his shop front at the end of the day and the whole idea of it is to make people believe you are the best in your area. By saying, "Derbyshires OKish disco" isnt gonna fetch the clients in.
Which part of

"One of Derbyshire's top mobile discos.says OKish????

Anyone could say they're the best. Proving it is another matter, & if you're not & you say you are, it's a fraudulent statement

Shaun
21-11-2010, 03:02 PM
Anyone could say they're the best. Proving it is another matter, & if you're not & you say you are, it's a fraudulent statement

I could say I'm Scotland's most superest duperest mobile DJ superstar. The statement could be based on 'my own opinion'. I could leave out the "in my opinion" and just leave the "superset dupersest...." part of the comment on my website. It may be a slight misrepresentation but is it really fraudulent?

For them record.... I am Scotland's most superest duperest mobile DJ superstar. The voices in my head say so!! So there. :P

Corabar Steve
21-11-2010, 03:09 PM
Similar things

Excalibur
21-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Devil's Advocate mode, how would anyone prove you weren't the best? :confused: We're not dealing in facts here, only opinions.

I happen to broadly agree with Steve, but reckon the middle ground of " One of Derbyshire's Premier Discos"might be an acceptable compromise.

I could say I'm Scotland's most superest duperest mobile DJ superstar. The statement could be based on 'my own opinion'. I could leave out the "in my opinion" and just leave the "superset dupersest...." part of the comment on my website. It may be a slight misrepresentation but is it really fraudulent?
Seriously, as indicated above, I don't think it is. I don't beleive it can be categorically and unequivocally disproved. ( For the record Shaun, don't run away with the impression that I think you're even half that good. :p :D :D :D :D )

For them record.... I am Scotland's most superest duperest mobile DJ superstar. The voices in my head say so!! So there. :P

Nurse, he's forgotten his tablets again!! :eek: :eek:

Shaun
21-11-2010, 03:56 PM
:daft: :D

Booche
21-11-2010, 04:04 PM
:ontopic: :sofa: lol

Shaun
21-11-2010, 04:06 PM
:ontopic:

Indeed, and you have every right to ask to get things back on track. :)

Apologies for straying off topic. :o

Booche
21-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Well im fairly happy with how the Home page has turned out so think its time i did the rest of it and got all the links pointing to the correct pages etc :eek:

Just what i need LOADS more work lol

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Did you make it from scratch?

Booche
21-11-2010, 10:23 PM
95% of it yes

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Well I think it's very impressive to say it's not a template!

Booche
21-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Well I think it's very impressive to say it's not a template!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

STOP THE PRESS

Jeez Charlie you mentioned something without being cocky, intrusive or asking questions :eek:

Cheers mate :) i do try :D

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 10:42 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

STOP THE PRESS

Jeez Charlie you mentioned something without being cocky, intrusive or asking questions

:confused:

Am I really that bad?

I'm just honest. What you see is what you get. I dont like people who pussy foot around each other. No hidden agenda if that makes sense?

Jiggles
21-11-2010, 10:48 PM
Charlie I am finding you becoming more and more rude to people on this forum.

yourdj
22-11-2010, 02:43 AM
Looks great. I would put a picture or some graphics or some sort on the front page.
Looks like a business site. :)

Booche
22-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Looks great. I would put a picture or some graphics or some sort on the front page.
Looks like a business site. :)

Any ideas ?

Cheers mate :)

Booche
24-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Well time for a little update, added some more info and made all the links work etc :)

Need to add some content and finish it off

Abstract New Site (www.abstract-entertainments.co.uk/testsite)

P.s. Will try adding some grpahics but i dont want to overpower the site :)

DeckstarDeluxe
24-11-2010, 11:43 PM
They pride themselves in supplying the latest sound and light technology which covers all types of events, both large and small.

Also we work with you to ensure your specific needs right down to music choices are planned in advance so we can offer our customers complete peace of mind

Taken from your site. In one sentence you are talking about the company in the third person and then your refering to the company as we?

The site design is nice and simple, nothing to fancy just the colour scheme isnt that appeal to what I picture brides would "enjoy"

Booche
24-11-2010, 11:48 PM
They pride themselves in supplying the latest sound and light technology which covers all types of events, both large and small.

Also we work with you to ensure your specific needs right down to music choices are planned in advance so we can offer our customers complete peace of mind

Taken from your site. In one sentence you are talking about the company in the third person and then your refering to the company as we?

The site design is nice and simple, nothing to fancy just the colour scheme isnt that appeal to what I picture brides would "enjoy"

Thankyou for your feedback mate :)

I didnt see the wording in that way but thankyou for pointing it out :) and i shall work on that

As for the colors in one way yes i aggree brides may not BUT then again im looking at a OVERALL feel so not just one specific area thats why i have the colors at the top and then its "plainish" on the rest,

Im not keen on the colors at the top myself but i feel it breaks it up abit as i tried it without color and to be honest it looked boring and dull (some might say it still does now)

Will see what i can do tommorow........

Thanks again :)

Booche
27-11-2010, 12:02 AM
Well some more added :)

Nearlly finished just need the last few bits of content on and then it's going live :)

Booche
30-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Ok well its now finished and open to the lions den :eek::sofa:

All comments welcome :)

Mark Wild
30-11-2010, 05:17 PM
What reaction do you think your youtube channel will get when prospective clients click and have a look? Demo of a light in your kitchen, also featuring a tea towel over the sink and your kettle.

Booche
30-11-2010, 05:20 PM
What reaction do you think your youtube channel will get when prospective clients click and have a look? Demo of a light in your kitchen, also featuring a tea towel over the sink and your kettle.

DOH will remove them from utube lol

Thankyou Mark :) :beer1:

Edit: Now Removed ;)

Booche
01-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Anyone else or can this be closed ?