PDA

View Full Version : Royal Wedding Pricing

yourdj
21-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes man another pricing thread wooo :o

A tad different though and I would say a once or twice a century pricing post so there :cool:

whats you price for the weekend (which will be a one off bank holiday too) or day of the marriage.

I am sure as raising the prices as it will be more popular than NYE I recon for wedding bookings.

Pretty sure the venues will do the same. :)
My price is NYE pricing £685 with some optional extras to do with the wedding - have not worked them out yet.

http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/11/17/1225954/703539-britain-royal-wedding.jpg

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Haven't thought about it and didn't realise/expect the price will go up!?

yourdj
21-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Haven't thought about it and didn't realise/expect the price will go up!?

Only occured to me today and my prices will definitely go up. :),

Just had an optional extra idea:

blokes - stick on ears and bald head things http://www.festivaloffun.com/earsnoses/giant-ears.jpghttp://fancydressheaven.co.uk/bmz_cache/3/356e38196c472fed5e0bda71b70efd67.image.300x450.jpg
Girls - grey wigs, glasses and an old blue granny dress

JUST A THOUGHT. :D

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Well if that's the case I'll pop mine up to £499.

yourdj
21-11-2010, 06:52 PM

I always go £485 or even £495 - sounds better than 99.

Corabar Entertainment
21-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I think it's appalling that anyone would even think about raising their prices just because the date coincides with a royal wedding.

There certainly won't be any change in the pricing here.

yourdj
21-11-2010, 07:17 PM
I think it's appalling that anyone would even think about raising their prices just because the date coincides with a royal wedding.

So whats the difference between charging more for christmas, NYE, halloween etc.
I see it as supply and demand for them why not for this event, which lets face it will be the biggest (and happiest) celebration of the year.
I am not too fussed personally but millions of others will be.

I do know where your coming from however.

Ecstatic Events
21-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Normal pricing here too, you sound like you're only in it for a fast buck Toby. Tut Tut!

I'm not saying you ARE, but that's the way this post come across :)

Charlie Brown
21-11-2010, 07:28 PM
I see it as supply and demand for them why not for this event, which lets face it will be the biggest (and happiest) celebration of the year.

:agree:

Demand costs. I guess it's like the millennium.

Shaun
21-11-2010, 07:37 PM
:agree:

Demand costs. I guess it's like the millennium.

I didn't charge any extra over and beyond 'double rate' for the millennium.

I won't be charging any more on the date of the Royal wedding. Just another day as far as I'm concerned. :)

Danno13
21-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Same price as any other date for me.

yourdj
21-11-2010, 08:10 PM
I didn't charge any extra over and beyond 'double rate' for the millennium.

I won't be charging any more on the date of the Royal wedding. Just another day as far as I'm concerned. :)

Of corse it is your a foreigner :D although they do spend allot of time in Balmoral.

You wait till all the hype kicks off and your phones off the hook for wedding bookings for that date/weekend. :p

Having said that the wedding may not have any guests as they will all be watching TV or in london.

Normal pricing here too, you sound like you're only in it for a fast buck Toby. Tut Tut!

I'm not saying you ARE, but that's the way this post come across :)

Im the first to not think of money too much and I often do some gigs for far less than i would normally if its either easy or last min and I have nothing else to do.

I just think It will be a good and popular weekend and maybe I could offer some added extras which may link in with the day. I always increase my prices at popular times such as bank hols and this is a bank hol.

Paul The Party Dj
21-11-2010, 08:23 PM
For anyone who has booked their weeding for the same day it will be a nightmare - worse than the Cup Final with your home town team playing. Many people will be glued to their TV all day.

It'll probably be a midweek wedding - so does that mean you'll be reducing your rate Toby ;o)

Cheers, Paul ;o)

ian8limelight
21-11-2010, 08:26 PM
For anyone who has booked their weeding for the same day it will be a nightmare - worse than the Cup Final with your home town team playing. Many people will be glued to their TV all day.

It'll probably be a midweek wedding - so does that mean you'll be reducing your rate Toby ;o)

Cheers, Paul ;o)

Agreed, same price as usual. What about all those couples who have planned their wedding date before the Royal Wedding date and we have already quoted ?

DeckstarDeluxe
21-11-2010, 08:28 PM

Thank you! My thoughts too.

Corabar Steve
21-11-2010, 08:28 PM
For anyone who has booked their weeding for the same day it will be a nightmare
I don't see why. Although it's a bit far in advance to plan your gardening.

abracadabradisco
21-11-2010, 08:33 PM
I see it as charging a couple for their wedding, not the royal wedding.

Just because they get married on the same day as a royal wedding why should they pay more.

BeerFunk
21-11-2010, 08:48 PM
Business is business, you quote a price and the client either agrees to it or they don't. I don't see how that's appalling, and I wouldn't judge others about it.

If it is true that couples will try to get married on the same day, then that is going to create an increase in demand for that particular date. If you're a solo operator, you can only take on booking on that date, so you might as well maximise your revenue.

DazzyD
21-11-2010, 09:15 PM

I totally misread the O/P. I genuinely thought Toby was asking to quote the Royal Wedding! ("Yes, your Royal Highness, we can do the five hour evening reception for a bargain £60. Seeing as it's you, mind, I wouldn't do it this cheap for anyone else!").

Seriously, though, I can see where Toby is coming from. If there is a lot of couples wanting to get married the same day then the laws of supply and demand would inevitable push prices up. However, from my business point of view, my prices are my prices and will remain the same.

yourdj
22-11-2010, 02:41 AM
it's a bit far in advance to plan your gardening.

Damn got in there before me. :doh:

leelive
22-11-2010, 08:31 AM
£0.00
I made an offer [posted on varies wedding sites] at 11:30am on the day of the news of their engagement that I will DJ for FREE (excluding travel costs) for the lucky couple that books me before the date is announced. [new bookings only]
Lee Live
www.lee-live.com

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 08:37 AM
£0.00
I made an offer [posted on varies wedding sites] at 11:30am on the day of the news of their engagement that I will DJ for FREE (excluding travel costs) for the lucky couple that books me before the date is announced. [new bookings only]
Lee Live
www.lee-live.com

Why!? :confused:

Marketing? Advertising?

Shakermaker Promotions
22-11-2010, 08:41 AM
Now, I've only just looked in on this thread. I must have read it wrong because going on the title, I thought it was asking what you would charge William and Kate to do their evening disco....if they were even considering having one? They will more than likely have live music and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if there was an all dayer gig already in the pipeline.

But it seems that this thread isn't asking that!

I have to agree with Mike (Ecstatic Events)....It's outrageous in my opinion that someone would suddenly charge extra (as if it's NYE) and is just doing it for the wrong reasons.

If Richard Branson called me up and said "Could you do me a Disco for 100 guests at my mansion", I would still charge the same (yes HONESTLY) as I would anyone else and not try to get extra out of him just because he has loads of money. That's just wrong in my opinion and doesn't make you look very good at all.

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 08:47 AM
If Richard Branson called me up and said "Could you do me a Disco for 100 guests at my mansion", I would still charge the same (yes HONESTLY) as I would anyone else and not try to get extra out of him just because he has loads of money. That's just wrong in my opinion and doesn't make you look very good at all.

So would I...but that's different.

Just because he called you doesn't mean there is national demand for that date whereas with their wedding day - demand for our services will be greater causing an inflation in prices.

It's simple economics. It's not outrageous - people will either pay it or they won't!

Shaun & others often comment on how they like to stay at home with their family on xmas eve and for them to be tempted to be pulled away, they would have to be a paid a large sum. What about those who want to stay at home and watch the ceremony with their family? Some people may want to have a family day and watch it together?

..Does that make sense. I'm not very good at explaining things by text. :o

leelive
22-11-2010, 08:52 AM
Why!? :confused:

Marketing? Advertising?

I always aim to do one or two free gigs each year. One for promotional purposes and one just because it is nice to give something back. This would fall into both categories....

Lee

Shakermaker Promotions
22-11-2010, 08:54 AM
Charlie, what you have written is understandable but I don't agree with it at all.

It's a Royal Wedding...What has it got to do with us in the first place? Do you think that it's fair on a customer, charging them a lot more than you normally would because there is a Royal Wedding? As I said, I think it's outrageous.

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 08:58 AM
Cause it's fair!

No one is putting a gun against their head...they will either book me or decide to go with someone else. :)

Demand costs!

I'd like to have the day/night off and watch it all on the TV. The live music they have lined up will be great.

Shakermaker Promotions
22-11-2010, 09:03 AM
What is fair Charlie?

Say for example, you charge £250.00 normally for a function from 7.30pm - Midnight, are you saying that you could boost that up another £100.00 or more just because there is a Royal Wedding on?

If you want to watch it on the TV then watch it...simple!

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 09:09 AM
What is fair Charlie?

Say for example, you charge £250.00 normally for a function from 7.30pm - Midnight, are you saying that you could boost that up another £100.00 or more just because there is a Royal Wedding on?

If you want to watch it on the TV then watch it...simple!

It will be a special day. The Prime Minister is planning a national bank holiday so Britain can celebrate with the happy couple. Everything is due to go up. Supermarkets are predicted to make millions over their wedding weekend.

There will be high demand for the date. Those who wish to avoid the date can. Others who want to get married on the same date as our future king are going to have to pay for it! :)

Shakermaker Promotions
22-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I think you have it wrong mate.
I can't really say anymore than that.

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Supermarkets are predicted to make millions over their wedding weekend. ...and how would you feel if the supermarkets doubled their prices that week?

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 10:05 AM
...and how would you feel if the supermarkets doubled their prices that week?

It's completely different!

:lol:

Paul The Party Dj
22-11-2010, 10:09 AM
:o Steve / Toby / everybody ... in my defence I do love a bit of gardening!

I wonder if anyone has the domain www.weedingdj.co.uk - may be a new niche.

I'll get my coat

Cheers, Paul ;o)

CRAZY K
22-11-2010, 10:51 AM

You would be involved with massively increased time unloading and setting up at the venue which would be some high profile difficult to access location complete with high security and the problems that brings.

We had this last year with an American Film Producer in Hampstead--A Listed American Film Stars attending his Hoe Down --heres a clue --first name Johnny-- surname starts with D;) Caribbean is a nice holiday destination but apparently theres lots of Pirates there.

The Band had an absolute nightmare just getting into the place--then theres the massive trek to set up== normal price--no way;)

Re the Royal Weeding Day--normal prices--;)

If its early May I will be on Holiday out the UK--what a massive bonus that would be.;)

Shakermaker Promotions
22-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Yes, but if that were the case then I would add the awkward access etc into the price like I would do any 'normal' job. I wouldn't just up the price because he happens to have a few quid just as I wouldn't do because there's a couple of royals getting hitched.

CRAZY K
22-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Yes, but if that were the case then I would add the awkward access etc into the price like I would do any 'normal' job. I wouldn't just up the price because he happens to have a few quid just as I wouldn't do because there's a couple of royals getting hitched.

;) I know your a very reasonable guy Gary.

jc light and sound
22-11-2010, 12:40 PM

That would be a decrease then.

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 12:49 PM
That would be a decrease then.

How would it? :confused:

I charge £150 less normally

mark karaoke
22-11-2010, 01:42 PM
i live about 5 miles from the raf base that william is based at and he lives very close too,have done a few gigs there ---- so if i get a call to cover a wedding at the officers mess on that day,my price structure may well go for a burton ----- can't see it somehow though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Shaun
22-11-2010, 01:52 PM
i live about 5 miles from the raf base that william is based at and he lives very close too,have done a few gigs there ---- so if i get a call to cover a wedding at the officers mess on that day,my price structure may well go for a burton

In my opinion that's just greedy!

:d Just kidding, mate. :d

yourdj
22-11-2010, 03:27 PM
:hijack: 9793
:o Steve / Toby / everybody ... in my defence I do love a bit of gardening!

I wonder if anyone has the domain www.weedingdj.co.uk - may be a new niche.

I'll get my coat

Cheers, Paul ;o)

:hijack:

MagicMusic
22-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I think that some on here are overestimating the interest in the wedding.

Apathetic, is about the only way I can describe my feelings towards it.

No price change here.

funkymook
22-11-2010, 04:17 PM
I feel sorry for any Bride that's booked the same date before it's announced - talk about stealing your thunder!

Ecstatic Events
22-11-2010, 04:29 PM
YouTube - Royal Engagement Facebook Fail

yourdj
22-11-2010, 04:58 PM

Naa. i recon it will be massive :p bigger than the olympics the following year (in a shorter space of time obviously).
As usual I am probably wrong but if I am not just for the record you heard it here first folks. :muppet:

I'm not too bothered either but the whole world seems to love the royal family for some reason. :p (not the TV show)

Shaun
22-11-2010, 05:14 PM
YouTube - Royal Engagement Facebook Fail (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIgdnlOSlps&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

LOL. Very good. I must try this facebook malarkey! :ph34r:

yourdj
22-11-2010, 05:24 PM
LOL. Very good. I must try this facebook malarkey! :ph34r:

Its actually not bad I have been doing that, twitter, youtube and myspace all day and quite enjoyed it. thought it was about time. :p

DeckstarDeluxe
22-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes Shaun, thanks to facebook i sampled the delights of Toby's video for his girlfriends birthday.......

Shaun
22-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Its actually not bad I have been doing that, twitter, youtube and myspace all day and quite enjoyed it. thought it was about time. :p

I was being facetious. :d

Been there, tried it, deleted it.....life is good once again. :D

Shaun
22-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Yes Shaun, thanks to facebook i sampled the delights of Toby's video for his girlfriends birthday.......

If there was ever an advert against social networking that surely is it.

p.s. I saw it too, he posted it on the forum but it was removed for breaking one of the rules.

Corabar Entertainment
22-11-2010, 05:44 PM
p.s. I saw it too, he posted it on the forum but it was removed for breaking one of the rules.3 times!

Shaun
22-11-2010, 05:52 PM
He's from Hampshire, we have to make some allowances for that. :d

jc light and sound
22-11-2010, 09:39 PM
How would it? :confused:

I charge £150 less normally

you may i dont.:)

Charlie Brown
22-11-2010, 09:54 PM
you may i dont.:)

Ahhh...I see! :approve:

yourdj
22-11-2010, 10:22 PM

Sorry for that :o It took some effort at least she liked it. :)

3 times!

Yes did not think about the swear word I am afraid :p

He's from Hampshire, we have to make some allowances for that. :d

Hampshire is very nice if you steer clear of Southampton and Portsmouth. Far too busy!

DazzyD
22-11-2010, 11:12 PM

Apathetic, is about the only way I can describe my feelings towards it.

I totally agree. I think some people here are blowing it up out of proportion. One of the posts even suggests the evening reception will be televised. In 35 years I've seen a few Royal Weddings and I don't remember the coverage ever extending that far. The build up and the ceremony was about it. You'll be suggesting they televise the wedding night nuptuals and honeymoon next!

I think more and more people are becoming disillusioned with the Royal family anyway and lot of people just couldn't give a monkeys. (including me - I don't even know what Will's other half is called! :eek: )

funkymook
22-11-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't even know what Will's other half is called! :eek: )

Princess?

yourdj
23-11-2010, 07:05 PM
Damn already booked for the Sat which cant be bad. :)

Done this page. Not too much of a price increase.
I was never talking about doubling my prices, just a 10-20% increase.
I think there may be a demand for whole day celebrations - not just weddings.
That may mean lots of audio visual hire, pre event meets etc.

Cool logo huuh? I have more chance of being a queen :shrug: which is probably 0%.

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/IMAGES/royal-wedding-mobile-disco-.jpg

http://www.yourdj.co.uk/Royal-marriage-mobile-wedding-disco.html

-

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-11-2010, 07:35 PM
I have more chance of being a queen

Perhaps you've been hanging round Alex too long? :sj:

yourdj
23-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Perhaps you've been hanging round Alex too long? :sj:

:eek: :)