PDA

View Full Version : Oppps... so...new design then!

Alex
27-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Well after an accident last night, I deleted my website by mistake!
Including all data, articles, mysql ... everything basically!
(Don't ask how...!)

So I've created a NEW site..... (within 6 hours)...... and i would love your views.

It's a completely new design... and NEW logo too ( Which I've been meaning to do for a while now )

The new site:
http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk/site/

Please bear in mind, it is still a MASSIVE work in progress, but for 6 hours work through the night with only caffeine and nicotine to keep me going, I personally think I've done well to rebuild so quickly LOL

So... after looking at the site please let me know what you think of the AESTHETICS!! Not functionality... as I said, it's still being worked on (rapidly!)

Gareth
27-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Well after an accident last night, I deleted my website by mistake!
Including all data, articles, mysql ... everything basically!
(Don't ask how...!)

So I've created a NEW site..... (within 6 hours)...... and i would love your views.

It's a completely new design... and NEW logo too ( Which I've been meaning to do for a while now )

The new site:
http://www.alexentertainment.co.uk/site/

Please bear in mind, it is still a MASSIVE work in progress, but for 6 hours work through the night with only caffeine and nicotine to keep me going, I personally think I've done well to rebuild so quickly LOL

So... after looking at the site please let me know what you think of the AESTHETICS!! Not functionality... as I said, it's still being worked on (rapidly!)

It's quite ironic really - I had a look at your other site yesterday i hope of finding your hosting services!

I think it looks good. It has that 'upper-class, next level' feel about it which is assuring. One design thing though, I would stretch the 'about' section and the left right down to the client logon. Or alternativily have the client logon in that space.

Cheers

discomobiledj
27-11-2010, 08:02 AM
Looks good actually.

Few things tha stick out....

I would justify all the text so it all finishes at the end of the lines rather than sentances ending here and there.

The legal music bit.....

You make it sound like that unless the DJ has got the Produb license then they are cowboy's which is not true!

I really like the background, did you design it yourself?

Spirits High
27-11-2010, 08:07 AM
OMG! You host my site and accidently press delete buttons :eek: :D :D :D

Joking aside mate that is so much more classy and smoother on the eye than the one it replaced. Like it...a lot!

Alex
27-11-2010, 08:16 AM
The legal music bit.....

You make it sound like that unless the DJ has got the Produb license then they are cowboy's which is not true!

I really like the background, did you design it yourself?

Totally agree with ya... it's my old old wording which I've chucked up so I can preview the site :) ... That will be changing, don't worry :D

Background wise, I actually used a background from a template and adjusted the hue's and saturations to change it slightly to match my new colours.

OMG! You host my site and accidently press delete buttons :eek: :D :D :D

Joking aside mate that is so much more classy and smoother on the eye than the one it replaced. Like it...a lot!

Thanks fella :) ... I keep my site hosted with heart internet , but on a different account....so any changes I make on my server don't affect my hosting customer LOL
So don't worry... You're site is perfectly safe :D

It's quite ironic really - I had a look at your other site yesterday i hope of finding your hosting services!

I think it looks good. It has that 'upper-class, next level' feel about it which is assuring. One design thing though, I would stretch the 'about' section and the left right down to the client logon. Or alternativily have the client logon in that space.
Cheers

Thanks for the idea.... still playing with layout, so I'm going to try that in a minute :D

Alex
27-11-2010, 08:40 AM
I defo need to get some new pictures now though :D

Not sure my last profile picture will suit the new style! LOL

Marc J
27-11-2010, 08:44 AM
Whilst I admire your honesty I'm not sure I'd be admitting losing a complete site like that, even if it was my own :eek:

Alex
27-11-2010, 08:48 AM
The reason for the loss was to do with templating... and reinstalling the latest version of Joomla.... Long story, won't go into it here LOL Take too long.

But I do have some back up files on my PC... and also in my cloud storage so I could of repaired it using these (but it would of taken 2 hours to put together again... soooo.. it actually gave me the umph to get up and re-do it LOL :D )

Plus I just like sounding dramatic ;) hehehe

PS: I only ever play with MY sites and my PERSONAL servers .... and never any clients or business servers .... All my clients are also backed up daily automatically on my backup servers so never ANY fear there. :)

Alex
27-11-2010, 08:52 AM
.... I'm not sure on my Lion logo....

Reminds me a bit of a car company... and Lion Eggs! LOL
Might change that ! hmmmmm

scoopd
27-11-2010, 10:48 AM
How about this one:

http://www.soundvideo.co.uk

funkymook
27-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Some sites give you a feeling that you can trust them, others don't (really hard to quantify what it is - might be the colours used, layout, phrasing, combination of all of it) - I think this has that 'trust' factor.

I love the phrase 'Alex Taylor, who has been entertaining since 2001.' has a certain Noel Coward ring to it :D

yourdj
27-11-2010, 11:59 AM
How about this one:http://www.soundvideo.co.uk

Good job its not a mobile disco site. ;)
I suppose thats the problem with Joomla its all free resources :confused:

STEVE HANLEY
27-11-2010, 12:16 PM
[.... I'm not sure on my Lion logo]

Reminds me of Gatecrasher :D :D :D

Charlie Brown
27-11-2010, 12:56 PM
I like it but it screams template? :o

Marc J
27-11-2010, 01:02 PM
I like it but it screams template? :o

Because it is? Post #10 :confused:

Charlie Brown
27-11-2010, 01:11 PM
Because it is? Post #10 :confused:

I know...it "screams it"

Sometimes I can't tell if people are using templates or not - I can tell Alex is. :)

Alex
27-11-2010, 01:20 PM
Ohhh... after seeing someone elses site with the same template (although I have tweaked mine slightly)... I'm starting to think ... EWwww!! LOL

Once I get a chance after tonights gig... I'm going to rebuild the original site me thinks! LOL

Charlie Brown
27-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Ohhh... after seeing someone elses site with the same template (although I have tweaked mine slightly)... I'm starting to think ... EWwww!! LOL

Once I get a chance after tonights gig... I'm going to rebuild the original site me thinkgs again! LOL

Leave it. :sj: