PDA

View Full Version : OTSAV vs VDJ

DJ Frankie
29-11-2010, 08:24 PM
Hi All

I have been an avid user of OTS AV now for some years and love the reliability of it but have been recently looking at VDJ purely as I have seen some demos and downloaded the free version and so far It seems impressive.

One of the mains functions I like with ODJ is that you dont have to convert music files like I do with OTS.

I would be interested to hear from any of you guys that use VDJ or use both and to let me know what you think? :beer1:

Frankie

Rowleys
29-11-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't really give anything other then VDJ a chance. It does everything and more.

sandysounds
30-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm an avid VDJ user and my partner uses OTSav....so I'm very familiar with both. VDJ isn't as fickle as OTS and will literally play anything. But there are some features on OTS that I love such as the radio setting when playing background music that puts all tracks to the same level, and the timings which work better than the VDJ ones. When working out a finale its far easier on OTS because you can time it to the last second and finish bang on time, whereas with VDJ its a bit of a lottery (unless theres something I'm missing!). Saying that, I struggle to do karaoke on OTS and much prefer VDJ for that.

Having used both extensively, I would still stick with VDJ.

Solitaire Events Ltd
30-11-2010, 09:34 AM
whereas with VDJ its a bit of a lottery (unless theres something I'm missing!)

You are! Put al the songs in the right hand wait list and it tells you how much time they will take to play. :)

DJ Frankie
30-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Thanks Sandy, appreciate the feedback.

I do love Otsav but the converting of files does take its toll.
I have been having a play with VDJ and I do love it plus I am looking to add a midi controller at some point whether thats ots or vdj.
With VDJ is there a way of storing the files into VDJ instead of having to add them every time on start up?

DJ James Lake
30-11-2010, 12:17 PM
But there are some features on OTS that I love such as the radio setting when playing background music that puts all tracks to the same level

VDJ does the same thing. In your options set the gain to auto

Alex - Cream Ents
07-01-2011, 12:58 PM
You shouldn't have to add the files more than once in to VDJ for tags, BPM and searching. As long as the database file (most likely VDJ will put this on the hard drive / source where your music is stored) is present; VDJ will pick up everything as soon as you start it up.