PDA

View Full Version : Age is just a number.

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 07:57 AM
OK folks, light blue touch paper and retire! :D :D :D

The subject of age came up in the Gallery thread featuring Tony Tiger. Now most folk will know that I'm over 21, and also that I'm fond of playing on it for comic effect. ( Though I think we had a whooooooooosh moment a day or two ago ;) ;) )

Right, let's set the hare running. How important is age with respect to being a DJ? Should all us Dinosaurs be banned from going within twenty yards of a laptop, until we've undergone an intensive course? Should all the kiddies have to do an extra curricular course in practical electronics and a swift course in the University of Life?

Not all of the following is my earnest belief. Work out the Vermilion Oily Fishes for yourselves. ;) ;) :D :D
Dinosaurs Pro:
1) Been there,seen it, done it, got the t shirt, eaten all the pies ( so the t shirts an XXL)
2) They've usually got a grounding in emergency repairs to venue equipment, playout systems, vehicles and other assorted kit, from when without it, every gig would have ended halfway through.
3) They've got experience of all types of gigs, from funeral wakes to christenings, and all in between. They know what to say, and when.
4) They've spent years honing the gear to their needs and tastes, so they know how it works, and how to set it correctly for every venue and gig.

Dinosaurs Con:
There aren't any. :D :D Oh alright. maybe one or two, if I'm honest. :(
1) Unfamiliarity with the charts. Exclaiming " Who the :Censored:'s that by? I've never heard of it " doesn't improve your chances of packing the dancefloor at that teen party. ;)
2) Unwillingness to accept innovations. Some of the kit is baffling beyond belief. :daft: :daft:

Ingenue Pro:
1) Enthusiasm. It's new and exciting. They're keen and eager. Not comatose yet upright and pressing buttons on autopilot, while waiting for the clock to herald the end of the ordeal.
2)Familiarity with technology. They understand these ipods,ipads, ipings, ipongs blackcurrants, granny smiths, pineapples,oranges and what have you.
3) Familiarity with the charts. Well they would, wouldn't they.

Ingenue Con:
1) A rigid belief that the four hour solid beatmix of 130bpm bangin' choons is exactly what the local Tea Dance at the Darby and Joan needs.
2) A rigid belief that the microphone is closely related to a species of deadly poisonous snake, and must be treated thus.
3) Naivete. Lack of experience.

Food for thought, hopefully. I still reckon I can feel another :whoosh: coming on though. ;)
Thoughts welcomed from young and old alike.

StarZSoundS
01-12-2010, 08:09 AM
OK folks, light blue touch paper and retire! :D :D :D

The subject of age came up in the Gallery thread featuring Tony Tiger. Now most folk will know that I'm over 21, and also that I'm fond of playing on it for comic effect. ( Though I think we had a whooooooooosh moment a day or two ago ;) ;) )

Right, let's set the hare running. How important is age with respect to being a DJ? Should all us Dinosaurs be banned from going within twenty yards of a laptop, until we've undergone an intensive course? Should all the kiddies have to do an extra curricular course in practical electronics and a swift course in the University of Life?

Not all of the following is my earnest belief. Work out the Vermilion Oily Fishes for yourselves. ;) ;) :D :D
Dinosaurs Pro:
1) Been there,seen it, done it, got the t shirt, eaten all the pies ( so the t shirts an XXL)
2) They've usually got a grounding in emergency repairs to venue equipment, playout systems, vehicles and other assorted kit, from when without it, every gig would have ended halfway through.
3) They've got experience of all types of gigs, from funeral wakes to christenings, and all in between. They know what to say, and when.
4) They've spent years honing the gear to their needs and tastes, so they know how it works, and how to set it correctly for every venue and gig.

Dinosaurs Con:
There aren't any. :D :D Oh alright. maybe one or two, if I'm honest. :(
1) Unfamiliarity with the charts. Exclaiming " Who the :Censored:'s that by? I've never heard of it " doesn't improve your chances of packing the dancefloor at that teen party. ;)
2) Unwillingness to accept innovations. Some of the kit is baffling beyond belief. :daft: :daft:

Ingenue Pro:
1) Enthusiasm. It's new and exciting. They're keen and eager. Not comatose yet upright and pressing buttons on autopilot, while waiting for the clock to herald the end of the ordeal.
2)Familiarity with technology. They understand these ipods,ipads, ipings, ipongs blackcurrants, granny smiths, pineapples,oranges and what have you.
3) Familiarity with the charts. Well they would, wouldn't they.

Ingenue Con:
1) A rigid belief that the four hour solid beatmix of 130bpm bangin' choons is exactly what the local Tea Dance at the Darby and Joan needs.
2) A rigid belief that the microphone is closely related to a species of deadly poisonous snake, and must be treated thus.
3) Naivete. Lack of experience.

Food for thought, hopefully. I still reckon I can feel another :whoosh: coming on though. ;)
Thoughts welcomed from young and old alike.

Great Post Peter.....glad you picked up on it!!;) ;)

Could run till Christmas this one.....Christmas 2011!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Now where do I start....Cup Of Tea and Bacon Sandwich first I think!!:) :) :)

STEVE HANLEY
01-12-2010, 08:36 AM
Pete Tong is 50 and he's still widely revered as the god/head honcho/big cheese of dance music on radio 1.

That's good enough for me

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 08:39 AM
Pete Tong is 50 and he's still widely revered as the god/head honcho/big cheese of dance music on radio 1.

That's good enough for me

Who? :confused: :confused: You mean he's actually real? I thought he was just rhyming slang. :confused: :confused: :o :o :o

Javlingames
01-12-2010, 08:42 AM
I dont think age should come into it, especially mobile dj's, i dont see any reason why a 65 year old dj shouldnt work regularly. However not all clients share this view. I have clients who specifically request a young & trendy dj for the events they organise ie young dynamic blue chip companys awards ceromies etc.

DAVESOUNDS SERVICES
01-12-2010, 08:46 AM
Food for thought boys!
My own thoughts ..... Let the young ones bang themselves silly on club "Choonz".. ill stick to my own field of work.
i never aspired to DJ in clubs parties n pubs were
allways my target audience.

I remember saying to my fellow djs
" This RAVE is terrible i hate playing prodidgy!!!"...
( the pub was crammed out and i only had 2 rave cds!)
Plus a cassette of the top 40 pirated from radio 1!
now 20 years on it actually doesnt seem that bad.

Interesting that the party DJs cant keep off the mike
whilst the club ones seem rather shy of it.
as an aside at 52 i certainly wouldnt be DJing still without my
modern comforts ( in order of importance)

1 Large unbreakable flask of tea
2 Laptop n Hard drive
3 Digital Switching Amplifiers (light weight)
4 Plastic Loudspeakers
5 LED lightweieght Lighting effects
6 Roadie Keith (lives with parents allways available for big jobs !!)

I like this new technology it means us old ones can DJ even longer !

DAVE

STEVE HANLEY
01-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Who? :confused: :confused: You mean he's actually real? I thought he was just rhyming slang. :confused: :confused: :o :o :o

Fridays 9PM until 11PM check him out mate. Link below;) ;)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006ww0v

supersound
01-12-2010, 08:59 AM

I can vouch for steve been young at heart.

He even has a wee

Sometimes in the middle of the night(ask Mary lol)

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 09:00 AM

See above. Ta for the link though.

funksoulbrother
01-12-2010, 09:13 AM
Good post Peter,:approve:

I'm just a year behind you, in age.
Looking back to when I first started back in the mid 70's, as a young dj with my mates, we all laughed at a guy who was about 45ish, who used to come into the record/disco shop that I worked in. Now I've gone reached and past the age that he was, I realise that he carried on djing because he still got a huge buzz from entertaining people, and he did it very well.

I carry on, because I still get that buzz, in my head I'm still in my 20's, it's just the packaging that contains it, is a bit battered, knocked about and mishapened. But I can draw from my past experiences good and bad, to help me in do my job.

All credit to Tony Tiger :claphands: , he has a whole wealth of experience and resources that he is able to draw on, and I'm sure that he would be the first to admit that he would not do a gig that was out of his "comfort zone", whether it be music styles or whatever. We all have our comfort zones, I know that I would not be happy doing a drum and bass, goth or heavy rock/metal night as I would not be able to completely satisfy the customers.

With regards to the younger dj's, they are either only starting out on the ladder of being a dj, they have dreams, like we all did, of being the next big thing, they have ambition, youth, health and enthusiam on their side, just as we did when we started. They still have a lot of things to learn and a lot of life to live, which will help them in carrying out the gigs that they do. They have good and bad gigs, taking on jobs that they maybe shouldn't have, that are outside their comfort zone, I know I did. But that is part of the learning curve of not only djing, but life as well.

Even Martin (StarZSounds) still carries on in his relentless ambition of being the next carrier of the "Jimmy Saville" torch..............now then, now then. Sorry Martin, only joking :beer1: :beer1: :) :) :Laugh: :Laugh:

IMHO age is a frame of mind, I don't worry about it.......simples

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Richard, amen to every single word of the above.

StarZSoundS
01-12-2010, 09:33 AM

Even Martin (StarZSounds) still carries on in his relentless ambition of being the next carrier of the "Jimmy Saville" torch..............now then, now then. Sorry Martin, only joking :beer1: :beer1: :) :) :Laugh: :Laugh:

Not exactly Richard.I've had a rich and varied life (so far) and if I was honest if I was any happier I'd burst.

I've done the family bit had loads of Wives who are now still Friends and Children who are now Friends as well as my Children.But prior to this my happiest days were as a Compere and Redcoat at Butlins(four years.....all year round work).Ressurecting my Entertainment interest a few years ago has allowed me to relive those times.I now again look at people enjoying themselves becuase i'm providing the entertainment.....how lucky am I???:) :) :)

Sometimes(only sometimes) the way I do this causes Horror as it is not the modern approach....but I'm not planning to change....because I can't!!!

Jimmy Saville....nar....I can't do what he does.No more than he could do what I do.And I couldn't do what (say) Darren does etc etc....its what makes us ALL unique and special......:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

abracadabradisco
01-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Glad I am still full time dj and children's entertainer at 60 all but a few weeks.
I started in August '68 and still love it with enough work to keep going.

Interesting thread this, and I will repeat some of what Dave put earlier.
1 Large unbreakable flask of tea
2 Laptop n Hard drive
3 Digital Switching Amplifiers (light weight)
4 Plastic Loudspeakers
5 LED lightweieght Lighting effects
6 Roadie Keith (lives with parents allways available for big jobs !!)

For me,
1 Bottle of Apple and Blackcurrant squash
2 Still cd's
3 20kg, 31kg(for adult gigs) and digital switching amp(for kids parties)
4 Plastic speakers RCF725 with 30kg and 46 kg subs(8" for kids parties)
5 MSD movingheads, VR8's and halogen effects+LED parcans
6 Roadie...my son (lives with me)

I am another McFadden + Whitehead guy, Ain't no stoppin' us now.........

With age comes experience but I will admit my son know the present chart material better than I do and I am always pleased to help any new dj's on the scene.

Jonathan Ford
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Good thread, Peter.....tricky one this.

When I started In was barely 18, but often benefited from the wisdom of a guy who'd been at it since the mid-70's, and only hung up the headphones himself three years ago.

I have to say, my gut reaction is that some of the younger guys MUST lack the experience to handle every gig, but are absolutely fine at the vast majority. That's no disrespect, but merely an observation that a guy that has been going for fifteen years will surely have seen more, done more.

In terms of staying up to date, I'm "only" 36, but it is a struggle for me...more of an ordeal related to my work that has to be tolerated than a joy. I don't plan to be working past 40, but, if a guy can still turn out a good show, then I don't see age as a barrier.

Kernow
01-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Good post Peter,:approve:

I'm just a year behind you, in age.

Well I'm an identical age.......... but only for the next four weeks ;) :)

IMHO age is a frame of mind, I don't worry about it.......simples

:agree: 110%

Interestingly (to date) there doesn't seem to have been a rush from the younger members to input into this discussion.
Can we take this as their total acceptance of all that's been said ? ;)
:D

funksoulbrother
01-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Martin, I wasn't having a pop at you,

I think after the short time I've been on this forum, I've managed to form an opinion of the various prolific posters, everyone having their own opinions (quite rightly so). Some people's post threads or replies, that are sometimes taken out of context or they haven't been able to put down in writing exactly what they have wanted to say and it's taken the wrong way. We all do it from time to time, some would say, it could be an age thing?

We are all still learning new things, right up to when we leave this world, and this forum allows us to pass on our useful experiences good and bad to the younger members, in the hope that it may help them avoid the pitfalls that they may encounter.

OMG......here endeth the sermon!!!!

Life is for living and experiencing....enjoy:) :) ;) ;) :D :D

Megamix
01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
lives with parents allways available for big jobs

I might put that on a job description if I need a roadie - Must live with parents for highest availability :D :D :D :D

StarZSoundS
01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Martin, I wasn't having a pop at you,

I think after the short time I've been on this forum, I've managed to form an opinion of the various prolific posters, everyone having their own opinions (quite rightly so). Some people's post threads or replies, that are sometimes taken out of context or they haven't been able to put down in writing exactly what they have wanted to say and it's taken the wrong way. We all do it from time to time, some would say, it could be an age thing?

We are all still learning new things, right up to when we leave this world, and this forum allows us to pass on our useful experiences good and bad to the younger members, in the hope that it may help them avoid the pitfalls that they may encounter.

OMG......here endeth the sermon!!!!

Life is for living and experiencing....enjoy:) :) ;) ;) :D :D

Richard its ok.....we've been cyber-mates for a while now.As I recall when you first joined the Forum you were having run-ins with a number of members....and I helped you to see it from a different view(via PM)....and now look at you.

I'm passionate about what I do.I have managed to put over my point of view and try and help less experienced DJ's in the way that you have.I'm still here after other prolific posters have bitten the dust....not even been sin-binned yet:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You are one of the increasing number of posters who understand!!:) :) :) :)

soundtracker
01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
This experience thing is a tricky one, there are quite a few around here (my area, not the forum!) that have been DJing since the year dot, however a quick conversation soon shows that rather than having "30 years experience" they have in fact, got one years experience 30 times! They are deeply rooted in the past, both in terms of approach, mentality and the music, and funnily enough (not wishing to turn this into a "money thread") tend to operate in the lower echelons of both venue and price.
Obviously I am in the "upper-age" bracket, but honestly feel that this is mainly irrelevant in the mobile market, its all about be willing to listen, learn, adopt and adapt. As Uncle Derek says"There are no rights and no wrongs, just differing opinions!"

yourdj
01-12-2010, 11:16 AM
This is like watching last of the summer wine - but forum style! :D
We are just missing theo loyla now.

http://top-10-list.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Last-of-the-Summer-Wine.jpg

Seriously though, I will be passing some work Tonys way since seeing his Nexo rig.

Not that equipment means allot in wedding Djing but it says something!

Shaun
01-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Age is just a number. I have a very good friend of 59 who is out DJ'ing every week. He's forgot more about music than I'll ever know. He was out there 'rockin' the decks' when I was still in nappies.

soundtracker
01-12-2010, 11:31 AM
This is like watching last of the summer wine - but forum style! :D
We are just missing theo loyla now.

http://top-10-list.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/Last-of-the-Summer-Wine.jpg

Seriously though, I will be passing some work Tonys way since seeing his Nexo rig.

Not that equipment means allot in wedding Djing but it says something!

There's a lesson for you Toby- The scruffy one, is the one not wearing a tie!

funksoulbrother
01-12-2010, 11:57 AM
So true Pete, those that can't adapt, don't progress and grow.:beer1:

Toby, I found your remark slightly insulting, so in your view we don't have a right to make any comments on this thread, but you label us as the last of the summer wine group, thats a bit of a blinkered approach IHMO.:mad:

But in view of that, you would be willing to pass on some work on to Tony, because of his Nexo kit. A bit of a condescending remark, Tony would probably rock the socks off his clients, whether he was using an old FAL disco unit or Nexo kit. That's down to the experience that he has, and you could only dream of having, in your videos.

By the way, baggsy I'm the scruffy one in the photo :) :zip:

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 11:59 AM
Well I'm an identical age.......... but only for the next four weeks ;) :)
Happy early birthday Grandad. :beer1:

Interestingly (to date) there doesn't seem to have been a rush from the younger members to input into this discussion.
Can we take this as their total acceptance of all that's been said ? ;)
:D

Nah mate, they're all out sledging, and throwing snowballs. :D :D :D

yourdj
01-12-2010, 12:07 PM
There's a lesson for you Toby- The scruffy one, is the one not wearing a tie!

He is the clever one however as he is the only one wearing wellies and a decent hat for the country. :)

Kernow
01-12-2010, 01:04 PM
Happy early birthday Grandad. :beer1:

"Out of the mouth of babes & sucklings......." ? ;) :D. Eight-fold as it happens :)
Have been quite heart-wamingly content with the title for the past 11 years.
However this year a niece goes and makes me Great-Uncle for the first time :eek:.Different ballgame entirely, really makes me feel like an elderly Womble ! :(

:D :D :D

soundtracker
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
He is the clever one however as he is the only one wearing wellies and a decent hat for the country. :)

LOL You're obviously not a regular viewer!

Shaun
01-12-2010, 03:41 PM
Sometimes(only sometimes) the way I do this causes Horror as it is not the modern approach....but I'm not planning to change....because I can't!!!

The perceived 'horror' is inside your head only, Martin. I've never once read a post where anyone's indicated you should change. You do what you do, others do what they do. Everyone is happy. It's really that simple.

<sigh>

Anyway, sorry for straying off-topic.

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
The perceived 'horror' is inside your head only, Martin. I've never once read a post where anyone's indicated you should change. You do what you do, others do what they do. Everyone is happy. It's really that simple.

<sigh>

I've not seen one of Martin's pronouncements greeted with universal approbation, as far as I can remember.

Corabar Entertainment
01-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I've not seen one of Martin's pronouncements greeted with universal approbation, as far as I can remember.:confused: Not mutually inclusive, surely?

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
:confused: Not mutually inclusive, surely?

Apologies for being unable to enlighten your darkness, cos your reply has baffled me. :( :( Sorry.

I was trying to tactfully indicate that very few folk leap up and down with glee when the lad posts his pearls of wisdom, and as yet I've not seen everyone in unison declare that they wll be incorporating his ideas in their rig/show.

Corabar Entertainment
01-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Apologies for being unable to enlighten your darkness, cos your reply has baffled me. :( :( Sorry.

I was trying to tactfully indicate that very few folk leap up and down with glee when the lad posts his pearls of wisdom, and as yet I've not seen everyone in unison declare that they wll be incorporating his ideas in their rig/show.
Yes, I realised that Peter. It was my post that was a little bit cryptic, since I didn't quote the other half of the equation!

My point was that the lack of universal approbation did not necessarily equate to 'horror' and demands for Martin to change - a la Shaun's post that you quoted. :)

<sigh>

Actually, very little that is posted receives universal approbation.... it'd be a bloody boring forum if it was! :D

Mark Wild
01-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Age is indeed just a number, it's all about the attitude, the right tunes, at the right gig, at the right time, for the right people. Don't judge a book and all that !

Corabar Entertainment
01-12-2010, 06:39 PM
It all depends on the person!

Some people are old by 25, some people are young at 75.

StarZSoundS
01-12-2010, 06:52 PM
:confused: Not mutually inclusive, surely?

Googled approbation....can work that one out!!

Mutually Inclusive ....lost me.....

It may be time to leave me alone a bit....this must be boring the pants of the other posters cos its beginning to bore me......

I do not post delibrately to wind people up....I know what the consequences are of doing that.What I sometimes like to challenge is the firmly held beliefs of the senior members so that I understand the principles behind them.Darren and Steve will often stick in a sentence that is equipped to stoke things up...why shouldn't I from a junior level do it also???

You have the option of popping me in the SinBin If I offend...as yet you have chosen not too.Revisit the Engagement post...that was done with the best of intentions and only went pear shaped when someone got difficult with me....

Please could we leave it like that ....

I don't want to alienate the regular posters (some if which I am very fond) to end up hating me because of the amount of posts as to wether I am suitable for the Forum or not.My nature is to say what I feel and I am never offended when other people have a different take on things...as long as they stay within the Forum Rules!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NOW PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS....

Time for another Sabbatical ...methinks!!

Back on topic please....no more posts to drag me back in....Good or Bad!!:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

Excalibur
01-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Actually, very little that is posted receives universal approbation.... it'd be a bloody boring forum if it was! :D

Careful what you wish for. ;) There's an ancient Chinese curse: " May you live in interesting times" ;) :D :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
01-12-2010, 07:12 PM
Googled approbation....can work that one out!!

Mutually Inclusive ....lost me.....

It may be time to leave me alone a bit....this must be boring the pants of the other posters cos its beginning to bore me......

I do not post delibrately to wind people up....I know what the consequences are of doing that.What I sometimes like to challenge is the firmly held beliefs of the senior members so that I understand the principles behind them.Darren and Steve will often stick in a sentence that is equipped to stoke things up...why shouldn't I from a junior level do it also???

You have the option of popping me in the SinBin If I offend...as yet you have chosen not too.Revisit the Engagement post...that was done with the best of intentions and only went pear shaped when someone got difficult with me....

Please could we leave it like that ....

I don't want to alienate the regular posters (some if which I am very fond) to end up hating me because of the amount of posts as to wether I am suitable for the Forum or not.My nature is to say what I feel and I am never offended when other people have a different take on things...as long as they stay within the Forum Rules!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NOW PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS....

Time for another Sabbatical ...methinks!!

Back on topic please....no more posts to drag me back in....Good or Bad!!:beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1:

You seem to think the whole world is out to get you or disagree with you.

Leave you alone?????? Leave you alone????? :confused:

No-one forced you to come on here or has forced you to post or drag you back in as you delightfully put it.

I think you need to see a doctor. :daft:

Shaun
01-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Where were we? Age just a number. :)

Corabar Steve
01-12-2010, 07:55 PM
Right, age is just a number. Actually it's a chronological measurement of your existance. (43 going on 18)

yourdj
01-12-2010, 08:48 PM
LOL You're obviously not a regular viewer!

dont have a tv :p

Mark Wild
01-12-2010, 09:14 PM
dont have a tv :p

No, you just dress like one at weekends :p

Excalibur
02-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Come on now children, you've been unusually reticent on this one. Most of you must be having a day off kindergarten because of the snow, so ask Mummy nicely if you may go on the Forum and tell all the Old Gits like Excalibur that he's past it, and should make room for the Young Guns. ;) ;) :D

Move over Grandad, DJ's of Today and Tomorrow coming through. :p

soundtracker
02-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Come on now children, you've been unusually reticent on this one. Most of you must be having a day off kindergarten because of the snow, so ask Mummy nicely if you may go on the Forum and tell all the Old Gits like Excalibur that he's past it, and should make room for the Young Guns. ;) ;) :D

Which is exactly what should happen, but we just keep seeing them off!:D

Excalibur
02-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Which is exactly what should happen, but we just keep seeing them off!:D

So it would appear. Little tinkers, aren't we? :whistle:

StarZSoundS
02-12-2010, 10:35 AM

Though there is some attrition on the Forum(bound to be)....I think youre looking for something that isn't there Peter.There seems to be an acceptance among us that Younger DJ's and Older DJ's have different skills.....

I wonder how the Customers react tho.I'm sure when a Parent books a surprise Party for their 18 year old and the birthday child walks through and spots a Fat,Old Grey :Censored:(like me) at the Decks thay must think....."Mum...what the :Censored: have you done to me"

Similairly...if somebody booked an 80th and got the orange-kid with hair like a floor mop....it must make them cautious!!!

We all seem to win them over tho....:) :) :) :) :)

Megamix
02-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Perceptions - If you're older "he's out of touch", If you're younger "He's playing the wrong sort of music - too modern"

probably best to stay about 30 - I don't recommend getting old.