PDA

View Full Version : The New Behringer Speakers

dj_ags
06-08-2006, 10:04 PM
Here is the latest edition to Behringer's speaker range...and it is fair to say that this will hurt some of your eyes lol, especially a certain Mr Thomas who is a big fan of the speaker company they have copied...so here goes!

Apologies in advance Daz :teeth:

Have a disco
06-08-2006, 10:10 PM
not bad looking but I like there carpet range now where the RCF have I seen this design

Danno13
06-08-2006, 10:12 PM
Are these the same ones that have been showing as "avalaiable soon.." since at least january (when i was in the market for speakers) on loads of website??

Never mind, answered my own questions.. these are the ones i was thinking of - http://www.behringer.com/B215/index.cfm?lang=ENG

They don't look too bad, but printing "600watts" on the front is extremley tacky.. and it just inviting the car-audio brigade to come up and tell you how good their car speakers are.. then again, at least the blue LED will impress them :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-08-2006, 10:16 PM
Actually, I don't really think it looks like Mackie - it's only because it's a plastic cab that people think it looks like them.

And I agree with Danno, what exactly is the point of putting a 600w badge on them?

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Between £600-£800 a pair too.

Save a bit more and buy a set of Mackies/RCF or EV.

dj_ags
06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Actually, I don't really think it looks like Mackie - it's only because it's a plastic cab that people think it looks like them.

And I agree with Danno, what exactly is the point of putting a 600w badge on them?

Well i was just going on appearance...obviously used cheaper components to construct them.

For a bit more information, click here (http://www.behringer.com/B412DSP/index.cfm?lang=ENG)

Behringer havn't arranged their recommended retail price yet..but at the price that Daz has posted, i'd have to agree and save up that little bit extra and buy the Mackie SRM-450, which i think these are a "cosmetic" copy of.

Sorry Danno, i was miles away :embarasse

According to the Behringer website, it won't be available until the first quarter of 2007...so watch this space :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-08-2006, 11:31 PM
Behringer havn't arranged their recommended retail price yet..

That's strange, 'cos I found the prices for these on several sites, although I didn't check the availability though.

A1DL
06-08-2006, 11:47 PM
They don't look too bad, but printing "600watts" on the front is extremley tacky..

the fact they're Bellringer makes them tacky, period!

and I see they've replaced the infamous yellow warning triangle with a more discreet black one, hhmmmmm :sad: , at least on their older cabs unsuspecting Joe Public was given a visual warning as to the aural pain they were about to encounter :teeth:

DMX Will
06-08-2006, 11:50 PM
one presumes its active....it screams out "cheesy cabaret singer" to me

Paul James Promotions
06-08-2006, 11:53 PM

Good compression drivers though, made by P-Audio, which i'm sure is a company you've heard of :teeth: :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-08-2006, 11:55 PM

and I see they've replaced the infamous yellow warning triangle with a more discreet black one, hhmmmmm :sad: , at least on their older cabs unsuspecting Joe Public was given a visual warning as to the aural pain they were about to encounter :teeth:

I have to say Tony, that I have a Behringer powered desk I use for karaoke and quizzes etc, and the build quality and overall value for money is excellent, so don't be put off by the name.

Solitaire Events Ltd
06-08-2006, 11:55 PM
one presumes its active....it screams out "cheesy cabaret singer" to me

Meaning?

BeerFunk
06-08-2006, 11:56 PM
So everyone's trashing them (apart from Jamie), despite no-one having heard them yet? :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 12:00 AM
So everyone's trashing them (apart from Jamie), despite no-one having heard them yet? :confused:

Read back.

I didn't trash them, so don't include me in that generalisation thank you.

I just said the badge looked tacky.

BeerFunk
07-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Read back.

I didn't trash them, so don't include me in that generalisation thank you.

I just said the badge looked tacky.
I stand corrected, but it was still a negative comment :)

DMX Will
07-08-2006, 12:15 AM
Meaning?

Meaning what it says, Cheesy cabaret evenings arnt my thing, no alteria motive or slamming.

They might sound beautiful, they just dont have the best look.

Paul James Promotions
07-08-2006, 12:19 AM
they just dont have the best look.

I'd say they look better than most other products to be honest. Better than an ugly Hi-Sys 2 :teeth:

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Meaning what it says, Cheesy cabaret evenings arnt my thing, no alteria motive or slamming.

They might sound beautiful, they just dont have the best look.

I disagree.

They look ok to me.

I have active Mackies and EV speakers, and as far as speakers go, they are fairly sexy... :teeth:

DMX Will
07-08-2006, 12:23 AM
Hmmm, I'd always go for a passive speaker anyway, can't help but feel all-in-ones are more likely to go wrong, and when one bit does, the whole system needs a replace.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 12:27 AM
Hmmm, I'd always go for a passive speaker anyway, can't help but feel all-in-ones are more likely to go wrong, and when one bit does, the whole system needs a replace.

So, when one of my active cabs goes, I have another still going.

When your amp goes, what happens? (you replace with a backup - and active cabs are still going)

And no, if something goes wrong with a Mackie for example, the amp module gets repaired or replaced, so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at?

DMX Will
07-08-2006, 12:40 AM
When your amp goes, what happens? (you replace with a backup - and active cabs are still going)

That is a true factor, unconsidered by myself. Do you use more than one set of active speakers?

And no, if something goes wrong with a Mackie for example, the amp module gets repaired or replaced, so I'm not quite sure what you are getting at?

Also unaware of the ease of changing such modules.

Can you tell im an LX guy? lol

BeerFunk
07-08-2006, 12:41 AM
So, when one of my active cabs goes, I have another still going.

This is true, I think it's just a psychological thing - a mental block. All an active speaker is, is a speaker with the amplifier inside it. Well, technically half an amplifier.

Advantages
Amp and speaker specifically designed to work together (better efficiency)
No 'live' cable runs (low voltage signal only), and less signal loss (more signal loss along a speaker cable than a phono cable)

Disadvantages
Design limitations on amplifiers (confined to small space)
Less flexibility in setup choices (seperate amps can be chained together etc)

Paul James Promotions
07-08-2006, 12:43 AM
Advantages
No 'live' cable runs (low voltage signal only), and less signal loss (more signal loss along a speaker cable than a phono cable)

Do they run from battery then? :teeth: :teeth:

BeerFunk
07-08-2006, 12:46 AM
Do they run from battery then? :teeth: :teeth:
:embarasse Oh yes.... forgot you still have to plug the darn things in!! :embarasse

OK - less 'high voltage' cables are required in an active setup!

Paul James Promotions
07-08-2006, 12:48 AM
OK - less 'high voltage' cables are required in an active setup!

How is that so? You will have at least 2 seperate cables to power individual speakers rather than a single amp supply.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 12:49 AM
Disadvantages
Less flexibility in setup choices (seperate amps can be chained together etc)

As can active speakers.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 12:51 AM
That is a true factor, unconsidered by myself. Do you use more than one set of active speakers?

I use 4 Mackie cabs, but also now have a set of EVSXA100s for backup.

I bought the EVs recently - before that I had passive backups and a separate amp.

BeerFunk
07-08-2006, 12:54 AM
As can active speakers.
Not quite the same though, running two sets of 300W speakers is not equal to running one set of 600W speakers, powered by 2 amps bridged together

DMX Will
07-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Perhaps a hamster wheel inside, that you insert a hamster into the case to start the amp, and eject at the end of the evening for transport purposes? Yes, someone suggest that to mackie

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Not quite the same though, running two sets of 300W speakers is not equal to running one set of 600W speakers, powered by 2 amps bridged together

Explain further with examples please?

BeerFunk
07-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Explain further with examples please?

That was an example - bridging 2 amps in mono mode combines the 2 channels of each amp to give a much higher output (although losing the stereo sound - which doesn't really matter!). You can't bridge active speakers together (or am I going to be corrected for the 3rd/4th time tonight :teeth: )

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-08-2006, 01:17 AM
That was an example - bridging 2 amps in mono mode combines the 2 channels of each amp to give a much higher output (although losing the stereo sound - which doesn't really matter!). You can't bridge active speakers together (or am I going to be corrected for the 3rd/4th time tonight :teeth: )

Not by me!

I've never bridged amps, so therefore wont comment (for a change :teeth: )

DMX Will
07-08-2006, 01:31 AM
yeah bridging amps almost sounds dangerous, how does one go about it?

Paul James Promotions
07-08-2006, 07:36 AM
yeah bridging amps almost sounds dangerous, how does one go about it?

Most modern amplifiers will have a 'bridge' switch on the back. Nothing dangerous about it.

dj_ags
07-08-2006, 07:42 AM
That's strange, 'cos I found the prices for these on several sites, although I didn't check the availability though.

Maybe i should have worded myself a little bit better. The price on their site is set to be arranged.

However, after doing a search on froogle, i have found the cheapest to be just under £300 for one, and just under £600 for a pair - so Daz's prices are correct. Behringer have obviously given retailers their RRP, but i feel that its a bit strange in not doing so on their website. Probably do it nearer the release date in the first few months of 2007.

I'll be intreged to hear a pair when they eventually come out, but we'll have to wait and see.

soundtracker
07-08-2006, 08:35 AM
I'll be intreged to hear a pair when they eventually come out, but we'll have to wait and see.

You'd be what?

dj_ags
07-08-2006, 08:39 AM
I'll rephrase lol as i have actually got the spelling wrong :embarasse

The bottom line of what i was trying to say was that i wouldn't mind hearing a pair of the new Behringer Eurolive B412DSP speakers when they come out in the first quarter of 2007.

DMX Will
07-08-2006, 10:38 AM
Most modern amplifiers will have a 'bridge' switch on the back. Nothing dangerous about it.

I know that....I thought bridging several amps together was what was being suggested :| (hence the dangerous thing)..my bad

Harrison's Discos
07-08-2006, 11:36 PM
:teeth: I have had a bad ecperiance with behringer, im never going to go with them again.

Paul James Promotions
07-08-2006, 11:40 PM
:teeth: I have had a bad ecperiance with behringer, im never going to go with them again.

I have a DJX700 and a DX1000 sitting here, used a handful of times, and faulty :omg: Out of warranty too :(

However, I have used a 1622fx for Karaoke for around 2 years, no problems up to yet.

Harrison's Discos
07-08-2006, 11:43 PM
I have a DJX700 and a DX1000 sitting here, used a handful of times, and faulty :omg: Out of warranty too :(

However, I have used a 1622fx for Karaoke for around 2 years, no problems up to yet.
Sorry i was pulling your leg, i promise i will be serious from now on! :teeth: :D :o :thumbs_up

Paul James Promotions
07-08-2006, 11:46 PM
''<<<bose are the best>>>''

Which Bose speakers do you use then?

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:09 AM
This Does not mean, however that I am not interseted in the music buisness. :teeth: :teeth:
I was supposed to write, I am going to be honest with you, I am not a DJ nor do i run a disco, but i am very interested in speakers, discolights, and cars. If you would like to know what I am going to be doing at colledge, feel free to read my profile. :teeth: :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-08-2006, 12:11 AM
You might wanna learn the basics of forum use too!

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:12 AM
You might wanna learn the basics of forum use too!
You might want to grow up a little. :)

DMX Will
08-08-2006, 12:14 AM
Heated, a 16 year old telling a grown man to "grow up"

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-08-2006, 12:16 AM
You might want to grow up a little. :)

I would be very careful the way you talk to people if I was you.

What has that got to do with anything?

I'm suggesting you learn how to use this forum properly before you start posting all over the shop and not editing posts properly. :)

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:18 AM
:omg: There was no need for that.
I'm not trying to make enemies here, I would like to make friends with people and I have already become good friends with Callum and Scott already. I am sorry if I was rude. :embarasse :)

DMX Will
08-08-2006, 12:19 AM
To ease the tension...i'll say

Im sure it was said in a jokey manner.

I think we should all get on with out lives - lol

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-08-2006, 12:23 AM

There is every need.

You don't come onto a forum and start telling people to grow up after you've only been here a short while and don't know people.

And I think you do need to know how to use the forum before you start posting stuff.

Let's leave it there please.

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:23 AM
I have changed my post above in orange. On page five.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-08-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm not trying to make enemies here, I would like to make friends with people and I have already become good friends with Callum and Scott already. I am sorry if I was rude. :embarasse :)

Apology accepted and if I was a little short with you, then I apologise too.

Let's start again, shall we? :)

Paul James Promotions
08-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Here you go, something to get you started on speakers and how they work....

http://www.yorkville.com/default.asp?p1=23&p2=17&p_id=26

:teeth: :teeth:

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:28 AM
Yes, certainly, i'm sorry but it's my bed time lol. Good night. I'll talk tou you tommorow.

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:29 AM
I'm not stupid by the way, I do generally know a lot about speakers you know.

Paul James Promotions
08-08-2006, 12:31 AM
I'm not stupid by the way, I do generally know a lot about speakers you know.

Sorry, thought you wanted to learn....

Harrison's Discos
08-08-2006, 12:32 AM
Please do not take offence.

Paul James Promotions
08-08-2006, 12:46 AM
What exactly are you wanting to learn then?

magicfm
08-08-2006, 11:05 AM
I sometimes use the Behringer 1520 pro's and I'd give them thumbs up. :thumbs_up
These new ones look the part and if the quality and value for money is like the 1520's well they are worth it.

Must say that the cheapest place to buy behringer is thomann.com.

(_8())