PDA

View Full Version : Last minute reprieve

soundtracker
09-12-2010, 10:15 AM
Just as I was coming to terms with a Saturday night off, after two cancellations, I get a message to confirm that everything is still o.k for Saturday. Bit of a shock as it wasn't in my event planner or in my diary!! Anyhoo a troll back through my desk jotter (I write down everything that occurs on any particular day) shows that in July I had an enquiry from a Hotel wanting a price for two Christmas parties, 4th & 11th of December, which was given, and I had noted, that they would get back to me! But, not having heard anything assumed I must have been too expensive! Anyway, spoke to Hotel, and she is adamant that she booked me, (which is a bit strange, as I definitely didn't turn up last week! and I definitely haven't issued any paperwork!) So explained it wasn't a problem, and that I would be there. So sorry Mr Cowell, you'll have to do without me again for your final!!:eek: Could have been awkward though!!

Excalibur
09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. They say you were there last week, and you remember not being there. I wonder if I can foresee a "Two DJ's, one gig " scenario thiis weekend. ;) :D :D

soundtracker
09-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. They say you were there last week, and you remember not being there. I wonder if I can foresee a "Two DJ's, one gig " scenario thiis weekend. ;) :D :D

Haha! No they didn't actually mention the previous weeks booking at all surprise surprise, perhaps I'll invoice them anyway and see what happens!;)

Shakermaker Promotions
09-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I had more or less the same situation yesterday....

Mobile rings but I am on the house phone at the time speaking to an enquirer. Check the voicemail afterwards and it's the Deputy Manager from my hotel residency panicking because she thinks she hasn't got a Disco booked for tonight's party. Called her back, calmed her down and told her that I had been booked and I was setting up this morning.

I also told her that my invoice for all of the christmas parties went in last week with the date included.

D'oh!

Charlie Brown
09-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Phew, that could have been a sticky situation. Good job she gave you a bell.

What did she say about the 4th December?

Jonathan Ford
09-12-2010, 11:25 AM
Yesterday must've been the day for it. I had a call last night cancelling me (weather) for a kids party that I wasn't booked for.

soundtracker
09-12-2010, 11:31 AM
Phew, that could have been a sticky situation. Good job she gave you a bell.

What did she say about the 4th December?

I didn't play that card, just came over all magnanimous and happy to sort her out! But at the end of the day, I hadn't done anything wrong, and they are quite aware that I always cover my rear end with the necessary paperwork!

DazzyD
09-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Yesterday must've been the day for it. I had a call last night cancelling me (weather) for a kids party that I wasn't booked for.

I had this a few months ago. I got an email with a list of party song requests on it from a client I'd never heard of. I emailed her back saying I thought she'd emailed the wrong company but she was adamant the booking had been made. Anyway, I rang her up to discuss this "booking" only to be told that the daughter had changed her mind and no longer wanted a disco for her birthday!!

Very odd!

spin mobile disco
12-12-2010, 06:13 PM
Yes i have also had a similar phone call a month or so ago. Oh is that richard?
No I reply you must have the wrong number.
No I booked a disco with richard.
Yes I reply I am a disco but have no richard working here or ever have.
Oh but your a disco right and i booked one so it must be with you
hmmm I think. What date are you booked for and what venue?
Oh this sat.urday dont know the venue. Hmmmm alarms ringing more like a big clanger.
Do you have a contract
No
I am sorry you have the wrong company.
So is that Richard?
No its not
Dial tone

Sigh