PDA

View Full Version : DJ Cheeky Chaz in the mix!

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Howdy folks,

Following this thread - http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29969 I thought I'd update you on how it went.

I'll pop the videos and pictures on when I get home tonight.

Arrived - the venue was a bit of a hole. Turned out to be a gay club which meant the owners were very flamboyant. (Good thing. Very approachable.)

I hooked up to their loud sound system. My lighting would have put them to shame. In hindsight I should have taken my own booth etc. Two dynmos with broken mirrors and two without bulbs. Four led par cans and a cheap laser shining in my eyes. The smoke machine was Maplins finest but cheapest - terrible.

I couldn't stop laughing. I'd hyped it up so much and worried over nothing. Played some groovy tunes before everyone piled in.

From 8.30 to 11.30 I don't know what happened. I had them in the palm of my hands. If I told them to shout 'Merry Christmas' they did...if I told them to scream...they did...if I told them to go and buy a shot from the bar and drink it collectively...they did. Played a complete mix of tunes, just how I felt at time. I decided 30 seconds before the end of the first track finishing.

I had fun with the temp, for example:

Barbara Streisand:

*Slow tempo* Baaaarrrrrrbbbbaaaaaaarrraaaaaa Stttreeeiisssssannnnd. *Turn the bass right down and speed up the tempo to crazy mode whilst slowly increasing the bass.

Seriously, loved every minute.

My mixer etc was plugged into a wall behind me. Everyone put their bags behind me as there was no cloakroom. On THREE OCCASIONS when people came up to say hi or collect their bags etc they pulled the plug out so all the music went off. The second time was just in the build up to riverside mother...

Overall, I loved every minute of it, I think I impressed everyone - the bouncers were surprised, cheers at the end when I finished with Angles - Robbie.

I had quite a few beers (felt a tad tipsy) and it didn't affect my performance whatsoever - just enhanced it and got me in the party mood.

Thanks for all the help and guidance I was given.

I want to be a club DJ now for EVER. :D :D

Javlingames
21-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Welcome to the dark side!! Give it a few years of club djin for pittance and you will soon be screaming to do a mobile that finishes at midnight and pays almost double!!

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Incoming :sofa:

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Incoming :sofa:

Huh? :confused:

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 10:21 AM
A few points that I just know the usual suspects will pull you up on

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 10:23 AM
A few points that I just know the usual suspects will pull you up on

Ahhh, yes.

Indeed.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so honest? I just say it how it is. :)

Jason
21-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Ahhh, yes.

Indeed.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so honest? I just say it how it is. :)

Of course - stick to the truth.

You had quite a few beers? Nice. How will you cope when you drive to gigs? Will this mean you can't get into the party spirit without getting drunk?

The only other thing is that I wouldn't look after others coats/bags, apart from the mess you'll be in if anything was stolen.. its a distraction (and also caused technical problems) I've done the same in the past (when I did a bit of club work) but... live and learn, hindsight etc.

Otherwise, sounds a great night and congratulations!

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 10:41 AM
See. :sj:

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 10:44 AM
Of course - stick to the truth.

You had quite a few beers? Nice. How will you cope when you drive to gigs? Will this mean you can't get into the party spirit without getting drunk?

The only other thing is that I wouldn't look after others coats/bags, apart from the mess you'll be in if anything was stolen.. its a distraction (and also caused technical problems) I've done the same in the past (when I did a bit of club work) but... live and learn, hindsight etc.

Otherwise, sounds a great night and congratulations!

I agree about the coats - it certainly was a pain.

Beer - I hadn't seen my mates in ages so I wanted to be 'part of it.' It calmed me down too. Obviously, when I'm driving and doing it 'properly' it's a different story.

What I did was for love with £60 cash to see me over the work xmas party etc.

See. :sj:

:lol:

Does that mean you agree/disagree Steve, with what I was doing?

DJ James Lake
21-12-2010, 11:00 AM
What I did was for love with £60 cash to see me over the work xmas party etc.

Can we all start calling you Sid now :) lol

Pe7e
21-12-2010, 11:01 AM
Was it held at the Propaganda bar/club? not a place for the faint hearted.:eek:

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 11:01 AM

:boxer2:

andyw
21-12-2010, 11:57 AM
glad you enjoyed it charlie, the only comment I will make on the drinking thing( and I am not judging you either way on it) is when you have a few drinks ,you will be the last person who see's how it as affected you, so if it did affect your performance you wouldn't know unless someone was honest enough to tell you. :beer1: (sorry 1 not enough for you is it):beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :beer1: :)

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 11:57 AM
Does that mean you agree/disagree Steve, with what I was doing?
If I'd wanted to get involved in the discussion, I already would've Charlie.

How other people here opperate is none of my concern. It's up to you what you do. Personally (& only as you ask), if I wasn't driving I might have a beer or 2 if the clients were folks I know. I certainly wouldn't get "tipsy".

I also wouldn't allow anything to be placed behind where I was working.

Tom Lovick
21-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Sounds like you had a great evening then Charlie?? :p

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 12:16 PM
Was it held at the Propaganda bar/club? not a place for the faint hearted.:eek:

:lol: I know...it wasn't, central bar?

you will be the last person who see's how it as affected you, so if it did affect your performance you wouldn't know unless someone was honest enough to tell you.

Very true! Judging by how well it went, I thought I was in control. :eek: :D

If I'd wanted to get involved in the discussion, I already would've Charlie.

I know. I was just curious. :)

andyw
21-12-2010, 12:31 PM
I know. I was just curious. :)

i'm glad you posted that charlie, because if you thought steve wouldn't say what he was thinking, then the drink would be affecting your judgement badly:)

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 12:55 PM
:moon: http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1763.gif (http://planetsmilies.net)

BeerFunk
21-12-2010, 12:57 PM
at the end when I finished with Angles - Robbie.A lot of Trigonometry students in, were there? :p

I had quite a few beers (felt a tad tipsy) and it didn't affect my performance whatsoever - just enhanced it and got me in the party mood.:Naughty:

That is a bad habit to get into, hopefully you view this as a one-off!

Glad it went well for you though, and it seems the whole 'club' thing was a wild goose chase :)

Excalibur
21-12-2010, 01:09 PM
i'm glad you posted that charlie, because if you thought steve wouldn't say what he was thinking, then the drink would be affecting your judgement badly:)

Steve is hardly the most reticent poster on here. :D He also seems to be picking up some undesirable habits from Penfold. :( :( :D

Charlie, I'm not advising you to be dishonest, nor to be " economical with the verité " . Simply look at what you've written before you post it, and see if you can spot possible "Hot potatoes ". ;) ;)

Corabar Entertainment
21-12-2010, 01:13 PM
...although without telling the whole story, you can't get decent advice ;)

Excalibur
21-12-2010, 01:29 PM
...although without telling the whole story, you can't get decent advice ;)

Acceptable: " Since I wasn't driving, I did in fact avail myself of the two halves of shandy I was offered by mine host.

Not acceptable: " Wow, what a night! The audience were wild, so in order to get down with them, I had a couple of litre bottles of vodka in the booth with me. I was awesome ".

And if Charlie did indeed play Angels as his last track, there's no way I could ever claim entry qualifications, if you get my drift. ;) :o :o :o

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 02:19 PM

I didn't play 'Angels' because I was drunk!

It was probably the best song of the night in regards to everyone singing etc!

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 02:48 PM
Who was serving you alcohol in this venue Charlie? I feel that I must shop them to the relevant authorities for serving somebody under age :sarc:

simonp
21-12-2010, 02:54 PM
Who was serving you alcohol in this venue Charlie? I feel that I must shop them to the relevant authorities for serving somebody under age :sarc:

Ahhh, but if he were having a meal in said establishment, and was with someone of appropriate age, he can drink wine beer or cider :devil:

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Oh For God's Sake!

He was eating while DJing as well!!!!!!!!!!

Has he no standards?!?!?!?!?

Simon, I gather that you know what I'm about to type, judging by the smilie, but for those who don't...... that only applies while they are actually partaking of the said meal.

Solitaire Events Ltd
21-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Ahhh, but if he were having a meal in said establishment, and was with someone of appropriate age, he can drink wine beer or cider :devil:

Not true. You don't need someone of appropriate age. You need to be 16 and the venue need a restaurant license.

Why would he be having a meal in a nightclub when he was working? :daft:

Corabar Steve
21-12-2010, 02:58 PM
That too

simonp
21-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Not true. You don't need someone of appropriate age. You need to be 16 and the venue need a restaurant license.

Apparently under the 2003 Licensing Act it now requires a 16 year old to be acccompanied by someone over 18 in order to drink alcohol with a meal, although this wasn't necessary under the previous Act. If I'm wrong, apologies.

Why would he be having a meal in a nightclub when he was working? :daft:

'Cause he's Charlie Bloomin' Brown - nuff said!!!! :D

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 03:08 PM
A lot of people were under age.

I had Matthew ;) with me.

welby
21-12-2010, 03:11 PM

ouch! :daft:

DJ James Lake
21-12-2010, 04:13 PM
:boxer2:

Sorry couldn't resist :)

Rowleys
21-12-2010, 05:46 PM
videos ??

Corabar Entertainment
21-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Yes... we appear to have another 'gallery' thread without a bleedin' 'gallery'!

Come on Charlie! Piccies / video? asap, or thread gets moved! :p

Tom Lovick
21-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Yep Charlie.

we all want Photos!!! :p :p

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Sorry Angela. :o

You can move it to MDD Chat and I'll add the pictures tomorrow?

...I think its gone past gallery stage. :lol:

Corabar Entertainment
21-12-2010, 09:22 PM
MDD Chat is for non-djing related stuff, so I'll move it to the Mobile Disco Forum :p

Charlie Brown
21-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Cool! :beer1:

Kernow
22-12-2010, 09:21 AM
Turned out to be a gay club

What I did was for love with £60 cash

I had Matthew ;) with me.

intriguing ? ;)

:D :D :D

Charlie Brown
22-12-2010, 09:22 AM
intriguing ;)

Very good! :D :D :D :D :D :D

simonp
22-12-2010, 09:24 AM
intriguing ? ;)

:rofl: very good

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 08:17 PM
Video to follow...

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 08:27 PM

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 08:41 PM
The filming is great. A mate did it. I'll be using it for my site. ;)

YouTube - Nottingham High School Xmas Party

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 08:54 PM
sorry, last few

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 08:55 PM
....:beer1: :beer1:

StarZSoundS
25-12-2010, 09:21 PM
Impressed....

The quality of the pictures are very good...you should use 2 or 3 0f them deffo.Not quite so convinced about the filming and sound quality tho:eek: :eek:

Banging night...Full dance floor...can't argue with that.

You've come along way in a short time:) :) :) :) :)

Charlie Brown
25-12-2010, 09:33 PM
Thanks Martin.

I don't intend on using it for my site....it was another 'funny' joke. :lol:

I'll never be a comedian. Hahah