PDA

View Full Version : Roadies / Trainees, etc

Corabar Entertainment
10-08-2006, 11:37 PM
As we get quite a lot of guests on the site - some of whom may be aspiring DJs, I thought I'd start a thread to find out how many of you would be prepared to take on a trainee, and in what circumstances (kind of like a 'junior job centre' for DJs! :omg: )

eg - we would gladly take on trainees, and we'd even pay them (not a lot, but a little!) but for that we would like them to do a bit of roadie-ing and to have a driving licence.... reason being, once they had been out with the experienced DJs and capable of taking on jobs on their own, we would like to offer them a job (if they're any good,of course!), and they need to have a vehicle for that. However, if someone wanted to come out and learn the ropes without being paid, we would gladly do that as well! :teeth:

What about the rest of you?

(I declare the MDD job centre open.... god bless her and all who sail in her!) :teeth: :teeth:

LeapCreative
10-08-2006, 11:47 PM
Im sure we'd find room for a trainee/roadie. God knows my current roadies couldnt get any worse, so yeah, some new blood would be great.

We've got 3 disco's, and theres usually 2 out of 3 booked every weekend, so theres plenty of opportunity. Anyone reading who fancies a trip out to a gig, feel free to PM me, or my email's on the profile.

Only conditions would be:
Well presented, willing to work, willing to learn and ready to jump in when help is needed

Lee

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:00 AM
This is the sort of thing I would be interested in doing with other mobile discos, giving them a hand, to see how they run their roadshow, its a shame everyone is so far away :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-08-2006, 12:02 AM
This is the sort of thing I would be interested in doing with other mobile discos, giving them a hand, to see how they run their roadshow, its a shame everyone is so far away :(

Where are you in Sussex Will?

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:03 AM
The East Grinstead/Crawley/Haywards Heath way

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-08-2006, 12:07 AM
Only an hour or so from me - do you drive?:teeth:

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:08 AM
I drive :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-08-2006, 12:15 AM
When you're free, come and watch the pro's work.

Or if not, come out with me....

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:18 AM
lol! I may just do that! Although I have just google local-ed it, and it might be too much of a treck for me at the moment, considering I'm a new driver (2 months ish)

Im going to give it some thought tho, Cheers Darren :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-08-2006, 12:21 AM
You can come and sort my DMX controller out too, that I've had in a case for a year or so....

It looks very nice anyway!

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:25 AM
You can come and sort my DMX controller out too, that I've had in a case for a year or so....

It looks very nice anyway!

lol whats up with it?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-08-2006, 12:27 AM
lol whats up with it?

It's not programmed.. :embarasse :teeth:

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:31 AM
It's not programmed.. :embarasse :teeth:
:omg: How do you manage or does Darren multi task and also play Light Jocky?

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-08-2006, 12:46 AM
:omg: How do you manage or does Darren multi task and also play Light Jocky?

Master and slave and a switch panel is how I manage!

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 12:46 AM
oh so an unused dmx controller, I'm sure we could sort you out

Paul James Promotions
11-08-2006, 01:09 AM
£150 plus expenses and accomodation for an evening of programming :thumbs_up :D:D:D

DMX Will
11-08-2006, 01:30 AM
£150 plus expenses and accomodation for an evening of programming :thumbs_up :D:D:D

any takers? lol

Candybeatdiscos
11-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah i could do with a roadie..ideally you would be able to drive, collect DJ's stay with them, take them home. Decent rates of pay, be smartly dressed, have an active interest in learning how to DJ and start collecting CD's etc

click the link in my signature and give me a call...Ideally you also need to live in west fife area

Jiggles
11-08-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah i could do with a roadie..ideally you would be able to drive, collect DJ's stay with them, take them home. Decent rates of pay, be smartly dressed, have an active interest in learning how to DJ and start collecting CD's etc

click the link in my signature and give me a call...Ideally you also need to live in west fife area

If you only lived nere me like Dunbar or somewere like that. I would become your roadie :sad:

CRAZY K
11-08-2006, 10:28 AM
Angela, im always happy for people to come out with me although I do more Barn Dances than Discos.

Probably useful to learn microphone techniques and working cold with an audience---yes I could do with learning that :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Same equipment though and just as heavy :sad:

I did try this a few months ago but unfortunately the guy did a "no show"

Only enthusiastic dedicated people who are going to turn up need apply. :teeth:

We are an equal opportunities employer--we dont care if you are male, female, gay, straight, white etc.--just as long as you can lift a Peavey sub bass cabinet up a flight of stairs in the pouring rain, blazing sun etc.
SEVERAL TIMES!

Based here in Northants travelling the UK!

CRAZY K

theoloyla
11-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Learning from others experience has always been a good idea for those who WANT to learn.

BeerFunk
11-08-2006, 11:33 AM
I would be keen to go out with another disco one night, but I seem kind of isolated on this forum, with Jamie from LastminuteDJs the only one within an hour of me

Candybeatdiscos
11-08-2006, 01:45 PM
beerfunk your only 45 mins from me :)

dj steady
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
As we get quite a lot of guests on the site - some of whom may be aspiring DJs, I thought I'd start a thread to find out how many of you would be prepared to take on a trainee, and in what circumstances (kind of like a 'junior job centre' for DJs! :omg: )

eg - we would gladly take on trainees, and we'd even pay them (not a lot, but a little!) but for that we would like them to do a bit of roadie-ing and to have a driving licence.... reason being, once they had been out with the experienced DJs and capable of taking on jobs on their own, we would like to offer them a job (if they're any good,of course!), and they need to have a vehicle for that. However, if someone wanted to come out and learn the ropes without being paid, we would gladly do that as well! :teeth:

What about the rest of you?

(I declare the MDD job centre open.... god bless her and all who sail in her!) :teeth: :teeth:
i already have a roadie/trainee dj my 14 year old son Paul.....pay him to help and teach him the ropes...he already has some equiptment in the loft when he is ready to go.....

Have a disco
11-08-2006, 11:44 PM
I could kill for a wannabe roadie just not enough kids interested all want an easylife around here

BeerFunk
11-08-2006, 11:52 PM
beerfunk your only 45 mins from me :)
I don't have a private plane!

It takes 45 minutes to get to the bridge!

Candybeatdiscos
12-08-2006, 06:16 AM
I don't have a private plane!

It takes 45 minutes to get to the bridge!

ok yout 47 mins from me as the bridge is only 2 mins from me

BeerFunk
12-08-2006, 11:11 AM
ok yout 47 mins from me as the bridge is only 2 mins from me
Ah well, I might give you a shout sometime, although I am not keen on driving long distances, expecially when I'm tired! :sad:

Not so long ago I had to pick someone up after a gig from Eyemouth - never again, I said! :omg:

Candybeatdiscos
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
well i may have a gig at Duns castle thanks to Shaun at elite (Fingers crossed they call me) so we can meet up then perhaps