28-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Groan.......

Daryll
28-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Sorry Darren , it`s the first time I have seen this

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-12-2010, 07:28 PM
Sorry Darren , it`s the first time I have seen this

No, I wasn't having a moan at you Daryll - I have just seen it on Facebook. Why these people keep playing their silly games is beyond me.

Daryll
28-12-2010, 07:30 PM
OK , no problem :D :D

leelive
28-12-2010, 07:36 PM
looks like an association for national DJs. I won't be joining - I only cover Scotland.

Andy Goodtimes
28-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Best not say too much or I'll be getting banned, I reckon silly games is about right on the button.

Spelling leaves a bit to be desired too, as if DJs haven't got enough trouble trying to get the public to respect us and then something like this comes along that just makes us look like a load of to55ers...sorry hope that's not too much OTT, I just wish these clowns would realise that they do more harm than good to our industry.

We have some very good organisations such as this one...MDD, WDJA, NADJ, MDJF, AMPDJ and SEDA so why try to copy, surely their skills...if any would be better put to use working with the ones we already have.

JTRS
28-12-2010, 10:02 PM
We have some very good organisations such as this one...MDD, WDJA, NADJ, MDJF, AMPDJ and SEDA so why try to copy, surely their skills....

Err profit I would suggest is their motivation

JTRS

Jason
28-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Err profit I would suggest is their motivation

JTRS

Well, some of those ARE "for profit".
Tonight is the first time I've seen this website, and it is stated to be "non-profit" if you actually read further than the 1st page.

The National DJ Association is a not for profit organisation offering genuine benefits to DJs
Soure: http://nationaldjassociation.com/index.php/component/content/article/34-national-dj-association-news/46-national-dj-association-for-professonal-djs-and-mobile-discos.html

There is room for more organisations but I do think the NDJA acronym on the homepage is confusing and not helpful.

It does look to be early days, no constitution or documented aims of the association so its difficult to draw any conclusions at the moment without more information.
I could see a contact form, so I assume they will answer questions?

Disco Leisure UK
29-12-2010, 05:16 AM
I am sure I have seen this site a while back and it was still under construction and I am pretty sure its from a company who were offering cheap £10million PLI too??

Andy Goodtimes
29-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Its certainly alike and with other sites too....Oh FFS you don't have to be an ace detective to do some digging and work it out.

If it is an Association where is the constatution...does an Association not have to have one and display it?

I know that this forum is ran by people that want to keep it clear of controversy and I respect that and think it is one of the things that does help to make it a decent place to be...So, just imagine for a moment that you are a normal member of the public...let's say a carpet fitter, you do ok and have a bit of cash stashed, your daughter is getting married and wants the fairytale Wedding, you have decided that because you love your daughter and want to make her happy you are going to spend some of your very hard earned cash on giving her the Wedding she is dreaming of. Like most folk who work hard for what you have you are going to take a bit of time and trouble over choosing the various service providers that you are going to use and like most members of the public you have heard some horror stories about mobile DJs so you are going to take particular care when choosing a DJ.

Need I really say more...you stumble over this site so does your perseption of mobile DJs go up or down?

dj keevers
29-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Seems to me that insurance companies have been devastated by the inclusive PLI in the NADJ benefits, and in South Wales, they are all a hard working bunch of lads who want to help others and pass on their experience and spare available contacts. Although i have been chronically ill this year, there support and info has been invaluable.

Andy Goodtimes
29-12-2010, 11:17 AM
Well to be perfectly honest it just goes to show that the prices charged by the major insurers of DJs from previous years such as Music Guard and E&L have maybe been a little high so good on the like of NADJ and AMPDJ for being able to source cheaper policies and offer them to their members.

this whole thing of internet names and passing off etc. is a little too complex and open to interpretation for my liking...I mean where do you draw the line? WDJA was hit by this and successfully proved a case of abusive registration and passing off, now we have one very much like AMPDJ and this one which is very much like NADJ. Some might say that nationaldjassociation is far enough away but in view of the history and the general closeness of the DJ communitty I'm not so sure. If I were on the NADJ committee I would at least be looking for some legal guidance.

I know some of the Wales NADJ bunch and would agree with you, big Mark especially was one of the nicest people I have met when attending DJ gatherings...also that lad who is originally from the south, something Finch...Paul I think.

Jason
29-12-2010, 01:35 PM
Well to be perfectly honest it just goes to show that the prices charged by the major insurers of DJs from previous years such as Music Guard and E&L have maybe been a little high so good on the like of NADJ and AMPDJ for being able to source cheaper policies and offer them to their members.

I agree Andy - I paid ~£90 for DJ Guard (with equipment cover), then DJ@, and are now with the cheapest UK provider - djpli.com at £29.99

Competition is a good thing. I know SEDA are looking into PLI (I couldn't attend the last meet-up, so don't know the current status).
Ultimately, if djpli.com, NADJ, AmpDJ, DJGuard MU and possibly SEDA co-exist with their PLI offerings, there is little reason for DJ's not to have PLI - there is enough choice, with a wide spread of benefits and prices.

On the there is very little info (content) on this new site, and it does look like early days - they are inviting applicants for the committee, and I would expect the resulting committee would agree on the constitution and aims of the association.

At this point, the association should ideally be its own legal entity with the domain name being transferred across (as with SEDA and NADJ)