PDA

View Full Version : Bad end to 2010...

DazzyD
31-12-2010, 08:58 PM
Well, it's beaten me! This flippin' flu has had me confined to bed for the last 3 days and so heavilly sedated that my head now feels like it's full of happy gas but I've had to pull out of my gig for tonight.

I went down with flu over christmas but this has since been complicated with an ear infection which has messed up my balance meaning I couldn't even stand up for more than a few seconds and sinusitis which has resulted in the worst pressure headaches I've ever had. The doctor prescribed a mix of strong pain relief, antibiotics and sedatives which has pretty much knocked me out since Wednesday night - I've just come down from bed in the last hour!

Luckily, I told Kev, who I was meant to be working the Comedy Club NYE party for tonight, about being ill early so he's managed to get in a replacement DJ. Missing the show has really got me gutted, though, as this would have been my dream gig for tonight. Oh, well. These things happen, I suppose.

Anyway, I hope all the DJs working tonight are having fun and safe nights. And those who aren't working are still enjoying themselves whatever they are doing. I'll be staying up to welcome the new year in with my glass of hot milk!!

deltic
31-12-2010, 09:02 PM
hope you get well soon maty

my lot are still eating at the moment,thank god for hotel wi-fi

all the best for 2011

secretDISCO
01-01-2011, 10:56 AM
Get well soon ......what a bummer!!!!!!!

sleah
01-01-2011, 01:56 PM
an ear infection which has messed up my balance meaning I couldn't even stand up for more than a few seconds

Sounds like a dose of Labyrinthitis:(

I've suffered 3 massive attacks of viral labyrinthitis over four years, which has at worst taken me off work for 3 months, it has left permanent damage (Known as BPPV) which comes and goes and causes dizzy spells when I least want them, especially at gigs:mad:

mike8863
01-01-2011, 02:16 PM
hope you feel better soon

STEVE HANLEY
01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Get well soon mate

Tom Lovick
01-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Get Well soon Mate!!

abracadabradisco
01-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Awful to have this, hope you are better soon.

DazzyD
01-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks for all your comments. I woke up this morning feeling a little better. Then I took my meds, was violently sick and been back in bed since! :eek:

Get well soon mate

Steve, if I'm no better towards the end of next week I'll give you bell. I have a child's 5th birthday party (2 hours) on next Sunday afternoon that I was thinking if I couldn't do then you and Mary would be the perfect solution. The client has seen me before and wants to book me so I hope I recover quickly. If not, then I'll give you a bell. It's not mega money but for a couple of hours in Silksworth on a Sunday afternoon it's not too bad.

STEVE HANLEY
01-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Thanks for all your comments. I woke up this morning feeling a little better. Then I took my meds, was violently sick and been back in bed since! :eek:

Steve, if I'm no better towards the end of next week I'll give you bell. I have a child's 5th birthday party (2 hours) on next Sunday afternoon that I was thinking if I couldn't do then you and Mary would be the perfect solution. The client has seen me before and wants to book me so I hope I recover quickly. If not, then I'll give you a bell. It's not mega money but for a couple of hours in Silksworth on a Sunday afternoon it's not too bad.

No probs Daz anything to help you out mate

DazzyD
01-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Steve. Like I said I'm hoping - nay praying! - to pull round enough to do this one. But I was also praying I'd be fine for last night and I lost that one!

Twinspin
02-01-2011, 12:42 AM
I hope everythings ok. Ive had the same wrong with me this Christmas. I havent enjoyed Christmas at all this year for that very reason.

Ive had to work as well 23rd/24th/27th/31st/1st christmas week. I havent been able to get the gigs covered so. Its not been great at all. I still dont feel great now.

I havent got nothing booked in now for a while. So might just give me chance to get over it.

Andy Goodtimes
02-01-2011, 02:26 AM
So far I have been lucky, kind of hovering in and out of flu, head cold and sore throat, the hotels are so hot inside and then loading up in the early hours its so cold and everytime I get a bit better it comes back again, got tonight and tomorrow night to get through then 3 nights off till Friday so hopefully long enough to get rid of it altogether.

Thing is that our job is one of those that you struggle with when you don't feel 100%, very hard to smile and create a party atmosphere when all you want to do is go home to bed. Obviously it was pretty bad for you to miss a job on NY and I hope you are starting to feel a bit better by now.

NKR
02-01-2011, 10:00 AM
Sorry to hear that dude. I struggled through my NYE gig with the sweats and a chest infection. Lost my voice before midnight and had to use my fingers to show the count down to Kev out front so he could count it down.

I haven't got flu though so I feel for you. Get better soon.

Excalibur
02-01-2011, 10:11 AM
Sorry to hear that dude. I struggled through my NYE gig with the sweats and a chest infection. Lost my voice before midnight and had to use my fingers to show the count down to Kev out front so he could count it down.

I haven't got flu though so I feel for you. Get better soon.

Well done. I worry when I'm asking the far side of the room how many raffle prizes are left on the table, and they signal two!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

Darren mate, sorry to hear you're not well, it's not funny. All the best for a speedy recovery, it seems that nearly everybody has had some sort of sniffle or malady recently.

DazzyD
02-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Morning all and, again, thanks for the comments.

The antibiotics seem to be working as the pressure headaches seem to be about a tenth of what they were Wednesday night. Still there but it no longer feels like my left eye is about to explode. My sense of balance has just about fully returned so it looks like the ear infection is losing out to the meds also. Still no voice but that's been par for the course in recent months anyway.

Hope everyone else who are feeling ill get well soon. My advice is to remember it's not just flu going around so if you self-treat for flu and things seem to be getting worse see a doctor. I first saw a doctor on Wednesday who said it's just flu so keep taking paracetamol and resting (although I had been for nearly a week!). The day after, I saw a different doctor who actually took the time to look me over and diagnosed the sinusitis and ear infection and then prescribed some meds. I'm thinking of making a complaint about the first doctor as he didn't even take the time to look at me and check me out. The NHS, eh?

NKR
02-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Still ill and I have another gig tonight, which I am not looking forward to. Would rather be going to bed early.