PDA

View Full Version : New Year - New Website

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Hi All,

An updated template and stripped back pages. Thoughts on how easy it is to access the information you would want as a potential client please.

Want it to be as easy as possible to get the info & enquire.

Happy to receive enquiries if you want to try out the system - just put your name as MDD or something.

Other suggestions welcome

Hope you all had a good NYE & start to 2011

www.thexfadersdj.co.uk (http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk)

Cheers
Tom

DJWilson
01-01-2011, 03:26 PM
I don't like how each page get's overtaken by an 'old browser' message.

Also you have a bottom left section 'social networks'. But only 1 network, so it should say 'social network'.

Ps. Not a fan of ads on disco websites.

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 04:16 PM
I don't like how each page get's overtaken by an 'old browser' message.

Also you have a bottom left section 'social networks'. But only 1 network, so it should say 'social network'.

Ps. Not a fan of ads on disco websites.

What browser are you viewing it on out of interest? Having some issues with Internet Explorer.?

Regards to ads, i dont think it detracts from the site? And if someones click them then its a little bit of income here and there.

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 04:51 PM
yay fixed the Twitter image. Hopefully that works on all browsers now. Fine on Chrome, Firefox & Internet Explorer.

In relation to old browser message... i dont get that on any of my browsers so im not sure how that comes about.
Any help?

tom

DJWilson
01-01-2011, 05:12 PM
I can see the Twitter logo now.

It says im on IE6, even though im running on IE8, the latest stable version.

Charlie Brown
01-01-2011, 05:23 PM
I really really like that. :approve:

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 07:00 PM

Ok i shall get to work on a fix. Any other errors you have found?

Glad you like it Charlie

Tom

ronedjs
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Just sent a enquiry on you site. Looks good to me, very clean and easy to use.

One small though
"Note: After further discussion with you regarding your event your initial free quote price may be altered to reflect further changes."

this is on the auto response message. It sounds to be that once you contact me the price will automatically go up. If i was you i would take it out and when you phone the customer up with the quote just explain about optional extras (if you have them) and then tell them about your service and if they want to add on items then re-quote.

Appart from that it looks very good.

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Just sent a enquiry on you site. Looks good to me, very clean and easy to use.

One small though
"Note: After further discussion with you regarding your event your initial free quote price may be altered to reflect further changes."

this is on the auto response message. It sounds to be that once you contact me the price will automatically go up. If i was you i would take it out and when you phone the customer up with the quote just explain about optional extras (if you have them) and then tell them about your service and if they want to add on items then re-quote.

Appart from that it looks very good.

Thanks very much. I did think about that when writing the message and wasnt sure at what stage to mention about the quotation may be increased after further discussion so will take that out of the autoreply.

We do have optional extras so that will make more sense to upsell the other services.

Thanks again

Tom

leelive
01-01-2011, 10:03 PM
I just noticed an ERROR.
From the home page I clicked on this image
http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk/images/stories/variousimages.jpg
and it lead me to the gallery page... but it came up NOT FOUND.
Same with the Enquiry link on the home page
http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk/enquiry-form.html
Lee

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 10:06 PM
I just noticed an ERROR.
From the home page I clicked on this image
http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk/images/stories/variousimages.jpg
and it lead me to the gallery page... but it came up NOT FOUND.
Same with the Enquiry link on the home page
http://www.thexfadersdj.co.uk/enquiry-form.html
Lee

Thank Lee,

Now rectified. Refresh and try again :)

Tom

thex-faders
01-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Also Elliott (RoneDJs) thanks for using the enquiry form.

We have though about event planner but we don't really take on a great deal of bookings to require a dedicated booking system etc. When we start really investing into the business and taking on more bookings then yes its definitely an option.

Tom

simonp
01-01-2011, 11:01 PM
"Testemonials" sounds like a 'fly' disease !!!

discomobiledj
02-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Not sure on the pictures you have on the about page as you both look about 12!

Agree on the Google Ads. I know they are a money making tool but I was offered the services of 5 other dj's.

On your 18th / 21st Birthdays - Something Extra? paragraph you have spelt professional as proffessional.

The facebook logo doesn't work on the Proms page. It also says you've worked with numerous schools etc, why don't you list them?

On the contact form what happens if I don't know the postcode of the venue?

As Simon said above, you might want to change your testemonials!

hammy
02-01-2011, 10:37 AM

same here, but its also telling me I.E 6 that im using is out of date

just tried looking at a gallery pic and got " Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentRAW::addCustomTag() in /home/thexfade/public_html/plugins/system/jw_ultimatePNGFix.php on line 87"

thex-faders
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM

just tried looking at a gallery pic and got " Fatal error: Call to undefined method JDocumentRAW::addCustomTag() in /home/thexfade/public_html/plugins/system/jw_ultimatePNGFix.php on line 87"

Any chance you can send me a screen shot? Then i can see if its a component or a template problem.

Have made changes based on the other comments re photo on About Us is now gone. Will replace with some nice set up shots.

Twitter & Facebook should now load - some dodgy html coding was the cause.

I am in two minds about google ads. Will tailor them away from Dj services so that is doesnt offer other djs!

Testimonials changes to client feedback - sounds better i think?

Thanks again all
Tom

thex-faders
02-01-2011, 05:06 PM

Gallery should now be fixed.

Still unsure about the browser version problem. Need to look at some coding.
Thanks

DJWilson
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
It's part of the Joomla system.