PDA

View Full Version : Kids parties for mixed abilities

Dj Diddy Davies
06-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help...

I have a party coming up for a group of disabled "kids" (most are teenagers) and i'm looking for some games etc. that i can do with them. Some are in wheelchairs, some partially sited and others with various degrees of ability.

I've done a party for them before, but this time they want to go on a bit longer and i could do with a few more games etc. that can involve them.

They like dancing and i do the usual party dances with them as well as a few games, but it's finding stuff they can do (even if it's groups at a time).

Any ideas?

Steve.

Corabar Steve
06-01-2011, 04:25 PM
Just as a preemptive strike, if I see any sick jokes in this thread I will ban whoever posted them.

Let's keep it on topic.

hammy
06-01-2011, 04:33 PM
have sent you an email,obviously due to disability some of them you cant do but it was easier just to copy and paste,hope they help

Dj Diddy Davies
06-01-2011, 04:51 PM
Just as a preemptive strike, if I see any sick jokes in this thread I will ban whoever posted them.

Let's keep it on topic.

Thanks for that Steve.

Thank you for the PM Hammy, excellent list!. I've had a v. quick scan through and seen some that could be adapted.

I'd thought of...
Pass the hat, they sit in a circle, facing the back of the person to their right. You have hats for everyone, less one. Music starts, take hat of person in front and keep going. When music stops person with hat is out. Carers could help those struggling.
Barnyard, give a note to chosen child (or whisper to them) with name of an animal. Child acts out the animal, others guess.

They've done things like pass the parcel and musical bumps (that was hard to judge with some in wheelchairs!) and loved it. A few dances like Superman, Hokey Cokey etc. and i'm not too far off.

But i'd like some more ideas...

Thanks

Steve.

Corabar Entertainment
06-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Imitating pop stars?

(Play sections of songs from very distinctive pop stars, and get everyone to do their best impersonation of the star strutting on stage. We've done it at kids parties very successfully and should adapt to your situation OK.)

Dj Diddy Davies
06-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Imitating pop stars?

(Play sections of songs from very distinctive pop stars, and get everyone to do their best impersonation of the star strutting on stage. We've done it at kids parties very successfully and should adapt to your situation OK.)

Excellent idea Angela, i've got some inflatable guitars that i use for kids parties where they all sing along and play to something like Mama Mia. But i like your twist on it! That'll definitely cross over.

Many thanks

Steve.