PDA

View Full Version : Help with van graphics :)

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 05:07 PM
Hiya guys.

Having a bit of trouble with the layout for the vans graphics. I think the side is ok...but the backs killing me. :o

All comments appreciated ;)

Thanks

Steve

:beer1:

NKR
07-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Why not put the log across the whole back window section as its mirrored out anyway.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Never thought of that :)

yourdj
07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
Why not put the log across the whole back window section as its mirrored out anyway.

Yep you could use white vinal and effective blank out the window too so no thieves can look inside and the logo can span the whole width.

I would make the number 50 % smaller and put it where the logo is now or offer a mobile/email aswell.
Most people will store or use thier mobile and 0800 costs money on mobs whereas phoning a landline or mobile no will not.

Make it black possibly to match the web address. :)

Also get some decent wheel trims (£15 from motor world) :D

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 07:44 PM
Yep you could use white vinal and effective blank out the window too so no thieves can look inside and the logo can span the whole width.

I would make the number 50 % smaller and put it where the logo is now or offer a mobile/email aswell.
Most people will store or use thier mobile and 0800 costs money on mobs whereas phoning a landline or mobile no will not.

Make it black possibly to match the web address. :)

Also get some decent wheel trims (£15 from motor world) :D

I dont market my mobile.... (but i see where your coming from...however im still not putting it up ;)

Wheel trims....the wheels are not designed for trims...and actually wouldnt fit. They are standard Berlingo van wheels with the Citroen branded centre covers.

I would rather keep the finish thats over the windows as it allows you to see in (only just) and therefore possible theives arnt busting the locks to descover that there isnt anything in...

But if i have to i will go for the while. Incidentally, can you see out of it as its still handy being able to look out of the back window ;)

yourdj
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I had a berlingo and now a partner and both trims (plastic hubcaps) have fitted?

No it will be 100% non see through unless you had the mirrored type print.
I assume you do not have a bulk head? I am super paranoid and have made my van impenetrable without some serious effort including a kryptonite lock, bulkhead, blanks for windows. :D Never had a problem reversing or driving, just use the side mirrors.

This is why I have not sign written mine. Yours looks good though.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 08:27 PM
I would love to just be able to use the mirrors...but some of my venues really are in the sticks and often you have to reverse 600 odd yards down a very narrow track. Its do-able just with mirrors...but easier with a back window :)

If you search berlingo on google, you'll find that all the pictures either have alloy wheels or the standard steel wheels like on mine.

The bulkhead is a half height 12mm marine ply type, and there is bar protectors behind each seat.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Back no 2

Shaun
07-01-2011, 08:42 PM
I like the latest one. If it were me I'd make the logo smaller on the back.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 08:55 PM
I like the latest one. If it were me I'd make the logo smaller on the back.

Better?

Hows the sides looking?

Vectis
07-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I don't think the 'optical illusion' which is the downhill effect works too well when you blow it up to van size. My eyes say it's wonky even though my brain says it isn't :(

Oh, and you want to get that mud off the number plate :D

Shaun
07-01-2011, 09:18 PM
Yep, better. Sides look good. :)

Johnny P
07-01-2011, 09:20 PM
Black out that citroen logo as well

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't think the 'optical illusion' which is the downhill effect works too well when you blow it up to van size. My eyes say it's wonky even though my brain says it isn't :(

Oh, and you want to get that mud off the number plate :D

Yeah, its annoying with the van "styling" lines being like that...but cant really be helped.

Shaun
07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
I think it'll look better without the white outline around "dynamic". I'd also make the telephone number the same shade of blue as your other text.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 09:39 PM
I think it'll look better without the white outline around "dynamic". I'd also make the telephone number the same shade of blue as your other text.

Thanks for taking the white line out of the file pal ;)

Hows this....

Shaun
07-01-2011, 09:41 PM
Thanks for taking the white line out of the file pal ;)

Sack the designer. It should have been removed before sending it to you the first time!!

:o

Hows this....

Yep, I like that better.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Sack the designer. It should have been removed before sending it to you the first time!!

:o

Yep, I like that better.

lol.

Anything you would add/do different?

Shaun
07-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Hmmmm. I'm not too keen on the number being split on the rear of the van. I would probably just go for making it smaller to keep it on one line.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Hmmmm. I'm not too keen on the number being split on the rear of the van. I would probably just go for making it smaller to keep it on one line.

...? :)

NKR
07-01-2011, 10:01 PM

Ahh logo over windows. Looks good:D

Shaun
07-01-2011, 10:03 PM

:thumbsup:

Shaun
07-01-2011, 10:22 PM
How about the swish from your logo along the front?

Maybe a little too much, but just throwing some ideas at you. :beer1:

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 10:39 PM
How about the swish from your logo along the front?

Maybe a little too much, but just throwing some ideas at you. :beer1:

will it look right from the otherside though?

Can you send me through that line as a eps file please Shaun?

I like it, but will play around with it on the other side of the van as im not sure if it will look right on the other side as the line will be going in both directions :)

If you get what i mean...

Shaun
07-01-2011, 10:45 PM
will it look right from the otherside though?

Can you send me through that line as a eps file please Shaun?

I like it, but will play around with it on the other side of the van as im not sure if it will look right on the other side as the line will be going in both directions :)

If you get what i mean...

I know what you mean. Ther printing company can reverse the line but it will still be in the opposite direction form the logo.

I'll send over the EPS for you.

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I know what you mean. Ther printing company can reverse the line but it will still be in the opposite direction form the logo.

I'll send over the EPS for you.

Thanks Shaun :)

Shaun
07-01-2011, 10:52 PM
THe other alternative is to remove the swish line on the side panel logo. Then you won't have the issue about the reversed line on the other side?

You could even have the line running along the length of the van?

Vectis
07-01-2011, 11:01 PM
THe other alternative is to remove the swish line on the side panel logo. Then you won't have the issue about the reversed line on the other side?

You could even have the line running along the length of the van?

Which also removes the optical illusion :cool:

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2011, 11:03 PM
Which also removes the optical illusion :cool:

Until the vans loaded.... Ive figured out why the styling is as it is...its so everything looks level when the vans carrying load.

Shaun...dont know. I like it but dont. It kind of reminds me of go faster stripes...or flames :sofa: :)

Shaun
07-01-2011, 11:04 PM
Until the vans loaded.... Ive figured out why the styling is as it is...its so everything looks level when the vans carrying load.

Shaun...dont know. I like it but dont. It kind of reminds me of go faster stripes...or flames :sofa: :)

I'm not too sure either to be honest. Reminds of the Dukes of Hazzard for some reason. :lol:

I'll get the file over to you a little later.

Edit: SENT!

yourdj
07-01-2011, 11:32 PM
I like the line on the logo especially with the silver on aswell.
It gives it a sense of dynamic movement which is your company name.

You could run the swish thing all round the van somehow from back to the two sides? That would look cool.

Corabar Steve
08-01-2011, 09:47 AM
Yep you could use white vinal and effective blank out the window too so no thieves can look inside
Coz that's really going to deter a thief who has just read the side of the van & thinks "Entertainment??? there might be something worth nicking in there"