PDA

View Full Version : 18th Birthday next week ... ;-0

WWDJ
08-01-2011, 07:56 PM
I've got a triple 18th Birthday next week. Obviously I'm going to play a mix but I would imagine with the 3 fellas and their respective friends it's going to busy with youngster. This is what I have lined up, in no particular order.

Have I missed anything obvious that would go down a storm? I don't know a lot about indie music for instance, an area of weakness for me ....

What's My Name? Rihanna
Cooler Than Me (Single Mix) Mike Posner
Forget You Cee Lo Green
Firework Katy Perry
Only Girl (In The World) Rihanna
The Time (Dirty Bit) Black Eyed Peas
Whip My Hair Willow
Barbra Streisand (Extended Mix) Duck Sauce
Pon De Floor (Radio Edit) Major Lazer
Commander Kelly Rowland
Seek Bromance (Avicii’s Vocal Edit) Tim Berg
Dynamite Taio Cruz
Mr. Brightside The Killers
Just The Way You Are Bruno Mars
Please Don't Let Me Go Olly Murs
I Like It Enrique Iglesias
We No Speak Americano Yolanda Be Cool
Empire State Of Mind [Jay-Z + Alicia Keys] (Explicit) Jay-Z
Rude Boy Rihanna
Love The Way You Lie [Explicit] Eminem
Airplanes [Feat. Hayley Williams Of Paramore] (Explicit) B.o.B
Pass Out (Radio Edit) [Explicit] Tinie Tempah
Good Times (Radio Edit) Roll Deep
Rock This Party (Radio Edit) Bob Sinclar
Put Your Hands Up For Detroit (Eleckro) Fedde Le Grand
Sexy Chick (US Version) David Guetta Feat. Akon
Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) Beyonce
Katy On A Mission Katy B
I Gotta Feeling The Black Eyed Peas
Club Can't Handle Me (Feat. David Guetta) Flo Rida
Memories (Featuring Kid Cudi) David Guetta - Kid Cudi
Teenage Dream Katy Perry
She Said Plan B
This Ain't A Love Song (Radio Edit) Scouting For Girls
Pack Up Eliza Doolittle
Pencil Full Of Lead Paolo Nutini
California Gurls (feat. Snoop Dogg) Katy Perry
Sex On Fire Kings Of Leon
When Love Takes Over (Main) David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowla
Hold You (Major Lazer Edit) Gyptian
Lights On (feat. Ms Dynamite) [Single Mix] Katy B
Who's That Chick? (Feat. Rihanna) David Guetta - Rihanna
Like A G6 Far East Movement
The Time (Dirty Bit) Black Eyed Peas
Only Girl (In The World) Rihanna
Lose My Mind The Wanted

Mark Wild
08-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Looks like a top draw mix to me mate ! Maybe Alexis Jordan - Happiness, Miami to Ibiza, Billionaire and DJ Got Us Falling in Love?

Not needed but a couple to add to the kitty :)

Brockley
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
needs some JLS in there
:-P

ppentertainments
08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Depending on the crowd, but a lot of 18ths like a bit of cheese, especially if family attending.

WWDJ
08-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Looks like a top draw mix to me mate ! Maybe Alexis Jordan - Happiness, Miami to Ibiza, Billionaire and DJ Got Us Falling in Love?

Not needed but a couple to add to the kitty :)

Good call! I forgot those, i use the Wideboys Mix of Happiness, mixes nicely.

WWDJ
08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
needs some JLS in there
:-P

I'm always stuck which JLS to play ... can't stand em, and they are all such mid-tempo ... Club is alive or One Shot. Beat Again ?

Depending on the crowd, but a lot of 18ths like a bit of cheese, especially if family attending.

That goes without saying, I always mix it up, it's a family party, not a rave or club, but this is just so i've covered off the 'younger' stuff.

ppentertainments
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM
That goes without saying, I always mix it up, it's a family party, not a rave or club, but this is just so i've covered off the 'younger' stuff.
:thumbsup: JUst Checking.

NKR
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
God help you. Hope the kits well insured.

WWDJ
08-01-2011, 10:58 PM
God help you. Hope the kits well insured.

I went to check the place out last night. A couple of old DJing mates were doing a 21st in there last night. I should be fine as the corner where I setup is well protected and out the way somewhat.

It's a bit of weird layout the room, long and thin and I am in the corner at one end, and I have to say that last night they struggled to create an atmosphere as the light from the bar was too bright.

We will see what happens. I can only do my best with what I have and the space I am given.

I would imagine they will all be hammered anyhow.

funkymook
08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
I don't know a lot about indie music for instance, an area of weakness for me ....

Have you been asked for some indie tunes apart from the Killer and Kings of Leon that are on your list?

WWDJ
08-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Have you been asked for some indie tunes apart from the Killer and Kings of Leon that are on your list?

Haven't been given musical guidance apart from modern with some for the oldies. I'm guessing with 3 18th's there will be range of tastes anyhow. It's a friend of a friend, so it's a turn up and see what they want job really.

Someone will be doing some sort of acoustic set during the night too, Jason Myrz type stuff apparently so I want to steer clear of that type of stuff and keep it upbeat. You are only 18 once!

Regarding the indie, i don't normally play too much normally as i'm not really into it myself, but i keep a 'Student' type list which has Chelsea Dagger, Ting Tings, Arctic Monkeys, Blink 182, Green Day, 5,6,7,8s, Vampire Weekend, Chillis, plus all the older stuff like Nirvana, Blur, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Pulp etc so enough to get me out of trouble.

Digital Jack
08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Don't forget , dare I say it......................GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yuk.

funkymook
08-01-2011, 11:48 PM
Haven't been given musical guidance apart from modern with some for the oldies. I'm guessing with 3 18th's there will be range of tastes anyhow. It's a friend of a friend, so it's a turn up and see what they want job really.

Someone will be doing some sort of acoustic set during the night too, Jason Myrz type stuff apparently so I want to steer clear of that type of stuff and keep it upbeat. You are only 18 once!

Regarding the indie, i don't normally play too much normally as i'm not really into it myself, but i keep a 'Student' type list which has Chelsea Dagger, Ting Tings, Arctic Monkeys, Blink 182, Green Day, 5,6,7,8s, Vampire Weekend, Chillis, plus all the older stuff like Nirvana, Blur, Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Pulp etc so enough to get me out of trouble.

Yep - pretty much what I was going to suggest, you've got it well covered by the looks of it. I'm sure you have it but don't forget Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot.

WWDJ
08-01-2011, 11:56 PM
Don't forget , dare I say it......................GLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Yuk.

Unless you are 14 year old that comes out on a requested only basis. :D
Don't get me started on Glee!

Yep - pretty much what I was going to suggest, you've got it well covered by the looks of it. I'm sure you have it but don't forget Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot.

That's where the insurance comes in. Might leave that one in the box. lol :eek:

funkymook
09-01-2011, 12:03 AM
That's where the insurance comes in. Might leave that one in the box. lol :eek:

Nah! play it back to back with Jump Around - I dare you!

WWDJ
09-01-2011, 12:06 AM
Nah! play it back to back with Jump Around - I dare you!

Might aswell put Baggy Trousers on too. I could be home by 10pm, early bath :eek:

funkymook
09-01-2011, 12:11 AM
Might aswell put Baggy Trousers on too. I could be home by 10pm, early bath :eek:

The Damned - Smash It Up usually finished most parties in my day!