PDA

View Full Version : Thanks...

DazzyD
10-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I'd like to say a big thanks to Garry Mr Mayhem and Gary (GDK) for sharing their kids party games with us.

I did a 5 year old party on Sunday and I used some of these games as the basis for my show, building around them with a bit dancing, fun and banter, and ideas inspired from other websites.

The show went down quite well (for my first attempt at such a show!) and this was confirmed by repeat bookings taken at the end of the show! I was still a little under-the-weather after my bout of flu but managed to get through the show with my voice intact (just!) and without collapsing after dancing and bouncing around with the kids (and I'm 16 stone so that's no mean feat!). As Mr Mayhem has said, it was a good feeling when the kids are enjoying themselves and shouting my name (big ego trip, there!). In fact, I was expecting the booking to be a one-off but now I'm looking at offering a kids party service as part of our growing list of services that we can provide.

Also, I'd like to say thanks to Steve Hanley who had offered to help out if I still wasn't feeling too good. If the gig had been a week earlier, Steve, I'd have passed it to you no problem as I simply wasn't well enough then. It's a great feeling to know there are good, local people out there who are willing to help out when things aren't quite going to plan.

Anyway, I don't often publically thank people but I think that, this time, it's definitely warranted!

Thanks again, lads! :)

STEVE HANLEY
10-01-2011, 11:06 PM
Anytime Dazzy. Just glad you're back on your feet. Shame you're not at the meet tomorrow mate.

Andy Goodtimes
11-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Brilliant...its how it should be. My lad is at Uni in Sunderland and him and his girlfriend have a really nice place there and are planning on staying there after the corse, I like going as it always appears to be a very friendly place.

Love kids parties, no problem with them having to get :Censored: before they'll join in with you.

Mayhem 1
11-01-2011, 10:59 AM
My pleasure Dazzy mate, i am pleased to have helped.

Keep up the good work buddy

Gary (GDK)
11-01-2011, 01:15 PM
On my patch! No worries mate, where in Sunderland was the party?

And Andy... Sunderland is great place.

DazzyD
11-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Brilliant...its how it should be. My lad is at Uni in Sunderland and him and his girlfriend have a really nice place there and are planning on staying there after the corse, I like going as it always appears to be a very friendly place.

Love kids parties, no problem with them having to get :Censored: before they'll join in with you.

Shame the adults took a bit more persuading to join in! Mind you, the last few games the volunteers started to come! I think they realised that when I don't get volunteers I tend to embarrass the adults in to helping out! ;)

Anytime Dazzy. Just glad you're back on your feet. Shame you're not at the meet tomorrow mate.

Thanks, Steve. I've got my son's first parent's night tonight so can't make the meet. There's a few issues I need to raise with the school that I'm not too happy about so I don't want to miss it.

On my patch! No worries mate, where in Sunderland was the party?

And Andy... Sunderland is great place.

It was St Leonard's Catholic Club in Silksworth. I've done a few gigs there in recent months and each one has been a success so it's one of my favourite local venues (except the gig at the start of December when we got flippin' stuck in the snow in the carpark and needed a hand being pushed out! :eek: )

My pleasure Dazzy mate, i am pleased to have helped.

Keep up the good work buddy

Thanks, Garry. And good talking to you on the phone!

Gary (GDK)
11-01-2011, 10:01 PM
I've never being there - however car parks are a bit of a nightmare around here!