PDA

View Full Version : Is this the dogs dangley bits of the cable world?

Alchemy
13-01-2011, 02:36 PM
I'm re-doing my wiring and I just came across this cable. There are 2 balanced 110Ω data/audio cables plus a power feed.
It's quite expensive but I think it's useable for speakers and DMX. The description says "Flexible power & signal cable for active loudspeakers and DMX purposes, double balanced"
If I can use this for my powered speakers and my lights I'll only have 4 cables in my entire rig :eek:

sleah
13-01-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm re-doing my wiring and I just came across this cable. There are 2 balanced 110Ω data/audio cables plus a power feed.
It's quite expensive but I think it's useable for speakers and DMX. The description says "Flexible power & signal cable for active loudspeakers and DMX purposes, double balanced"
If I can use this for my powered speakers and my lights I'll only have 4 cables in my entire rig :eek:

Sooo where did you find that? looks cool:cool:

Better than the stuff CPC were/are doing that's power/DMX stuck together because whoever came up with it was clearly blissfully unaware that you need 2 x DMX lines (apart from the last one)..... DOH!

Alchemy
13-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Still looking for the best price but (brace yourself :D )

http://www.beukhof.eu/shop/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=11&products_id=580

are selling it for 10.41€ per metre inc vat :eek:

Alchemy
13-01-2011, 03:30 PM
I just found 100m reel for 566€ in Malta :cool: I wonder if they'll cut me off 15m? :D

ianforest
14-01-2011, 04:01 PM
I agree that sounds like a cracking piece of cable but it's a tad expensive. Is it really worth the money just to have to lay a few more cables out...mmm

Alchemy
14-01-2011, 04:33 PM
I've got it down to 7€ a metre, still too expensive but I'm determined to find it at a reasonable price.

Alchemy
17-01-2011, 03:02 PM
Found it :)

Right under my nose from Thomann :)

SOMMER CABLE - SC-MONOLITH POWER DMX 2 HV (6.60€ / £5.40 per metre)

Also available in single, triple and quad DMX, this cable is suitable for active speakers as well. :D :D