PDA

View Full Version : Quotes sent

Chris G
14-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Was just wondering on average how many quotes people are sending weekly and of these how many are converted?

I can get up to 10 quote requests weekly but the majority of these would be at least an hours drive from me so consequently I am loading the price by at least £50

To be honest I am becoming increasingly frustrated at hearing virtually nothing back, even from ones a lot closer than this to me.

I get the distinct impression that people are now prepared to go out for substantially less than I am quoting.

A recent approach I have tried is to have the quote as a PDF which looks really good I think - was designed in Pages, to no avail though.

I really enjoy DJing but feel my days doing it are numbered if this trend continues .

Any tips, commiserations, last requests?

Leicester Ben
14-01-2011, 05:43 PM
Quotes done as a PDF is something that we have just started doing and it works really well - looks way more professional in my opinion.

If it helps for discos if its within a 60 minute drive we don't charge any extra.

NKR
14-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Quoted 2 at least two a day for the last 10 days.

Two directly off my web site have confirmed, but both spoke to me on the phone.

The rest I doubt I will ever hear from again.

That's life.

yourdj
14-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I took my prices off last month and put them back on this week after getting fed up with tyre kickers. :D
Had one yesterday - I quoted £250 (normally £400) for an 18th next week - she has gone away to think about it (basically too expensive)

laws of marketing. 100-1 - depends on the site and the sales techniques.

On my personal site I insist on a meeting at the venue and then go away and come back
with a price which works as you already have that connection with the client and money
is more irrelevant to them if they are happy with you.

hammy
14-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Im getting about 4 a day at the moment and only turned 2 into poaotive bookings

Excalibur
14-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Im getting about 4 a day at the moment and only turned 2 into poaotive bookings

Positive?
Putative?
Proactive? :confused: :D :D :D :D :D

leelive
14-01-2011, 08:32 PM
On average 6 a week.
Quotes are a bit busier this time of year - done 10 this week.

Last year 22% of quotes became bookings.
In other years 25% of quotes were converted.

Lee

Danno13
14-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Not everyone gets back to you straight away, I did a chase up on quotes from as far back as November and alot still haven't booked anything!

soundtracker
14-01-2011, 08:54 PM
I've booked 6 this month that enquired in November.

Ajaysdisco
14-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Not everyone gets back to you straight away

I sent a quote out in October and they got back to me this week.
In general this week has been busy with quotes but I don’t know how many will get back to me. I don’t normally chase quotes up as the date can normally filled by another booking.

DiscosMobile
15-01-2011, 11:05 AM
I am amazed at the response my website is getting (didnt really go live till Dec). Same as Neil 2 a day phone calls/e-mails.. Gonna be a busy one for me.. Alot of afternoon weddings and christenings.. But not getting the birthday parties.. just not spending the money.. and I wont do them for any less because its now a fixed price.

In the last few days I have quoted 10 and have 4 booked in (ONLY AFTERNOON GIGS) and 2 which have been in contact twice.. Meetings with 2 of them. the other 2 didn't feel the need.. All have paid or are due to pay on the meetings the deposits.

Afternoon prices are the same as what the agent pays me for 7hrs on a Saturday night wedding so I am Happy.

Rick

hammy
15-01-2011, 11:09 AM
Positive?
Putative?
Proactive? :confused: :D :D :D :D :D

confusion over now......Positive, Sorry too many :beer1: :beer1:

Spirits High
15-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Not everyone gets back to you straight away, I did a chase up on quotes from as far back as November and alot still haven't booked anything!

I've booked 6 this month that enquired in November.

I sent a quote out in October and they got back to me this week.

I agree with that totally about taking time to confirm.

Just had one confirm this morning from an enquiry last August :eek: :eek:

So don't worry too much