PDA

View Full Version : Payment in advance

Spirits High
16-01-2011, 10:35 AM
My standard arrangements for payments are; Booking fee payable with return of contract and the outstanding balance due 14days before event.

Had a client get back to me from an Aug 10 enquiry saying they want to book and pay the full amount when booking. Their Wedding is not until Feb 2012 :eek:

Anyone else had someone paying in full so far in advance?

soundtracker
16-01-2011, 11:04 AM
My standard arrangements for payments are; Booking fee payable with return of contract and the outstanding balance due 14days before event.

Had a client get back to me from an Aug 10 enquiry saying they want to book and pay the full amount when booking. Their Wedding is not until Feb 2012 :eek:

Anyone else had someone paying in full so far in advance?

Yeah, had one last February pay for this April!

mattydinx
16-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah, had one last February pay for this April!

In this situation, did you consider the VAT increase? - or did you simply append to last years accounts?

or was it simply a case of, "you paid before the VAT rise, so no additional costs to pay"

(assuming you're VAT registered)

soundtracker
16-01-2011, 11:15 AM
In this situation, did you consider the VAT increase? - or did you simply append to last years accounts?

or was it simply a case of, "you paid before the VAT rise, so no additional costs to pay"

(assuming you're VAT registered)

I'm not VAT registered, but if I was, it wouldn't have made any difference as I do not have a crystal ball or indeed insider access to a future Government's fiscal policy, despite the fact that I was once a Young Conservative!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-01-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm not VAT registered, but if I was, it wouldn't have made any difference as I do not have a crystal ball or indeed insider access to a future Government's fiscal policy, despite the fact that I was once a Young Conservative!

I have to include the Vat as I could not possibly start telling clients that their function is going to cost more as the rate of Vat has gone up. I make a small loss which is annoying, but there isn't a lot I can do about it.

soundtracker
16-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I have to include the Vat as I could not possibly start telling clients that their function is going to cost more as the rate of Vat has gone up. I make a small loss which is annoying, but there isn't a lot I can do about it.

Totally agree, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-01-2011, 12:05 PM
Totally agree

You would do - you aren't Vat registered! :D

Charlie Brown
16-01-2011, 12:06 PM
I had one bride pay £50 a month until the sum had been cleared, so now I offer a 0% pay monthly option.

Dynamic Entertainment
16-01-2011, 12:17 PM
I had one, pay completely upfront in cash...then got jailed for drug related crimes before the wedding :(

Vectis
16-01-2011, 12:25 PM
I offer a 0% pay monthly option.

Since when did you become a licensed credit broker? :o

If you're offering payment arrangements such as this, you need to be VERY careful what you call them.

Back to the OP I've had the occasional payment for 18-24 months in advance. You usually find that they're paying off one thing at a time as they're earning it rather than saving and potentially blowing it on something :o

Charlie Brown
16-01-2011, 12:30 PM
I had one, pay completely upfront in cash...then got jailed for drug related crimes before the wedding :(

:lol:

How did you find out what he was jailed for?!

If I was a bride, I certainly wouldn't broadcast it!